Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport 90-day trial Platinum status - Visa Signature

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport 90-day trial Platinum status - Visa Signature

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: VAG
Heh.

4pm: Book a night at the Hyatt for the first time in many year
4:05pm: Join Hyatt Gold Passport
4:15pm: Become Platinum via an offer I'd never heard of, and which expires today.

Thanks, flyertalk! You're very useful sometimes!
Old May 11, 2012, 9:27 pm

Anyone want to take pity and help someone out who doesn't have a signature card? Worth a shot.
Old May 11, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Acatcc
Anyone want to take pity and help someone out who doesn't have a signature card? Worth a shot.
Gotta post your Hyatt number and then edit the post to delete it after someone states that you're upgraded.
Old May 12, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Smile

Damm it is not working anymore
I want that Platinum today
I might have to do status match then
Argg
Old May 12, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by duc1986d
Damm it is not working anymore
I want that Platinum today
I might have to do status match then
Argg
... it ENDED on 11 May.
Old May 14, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: A3 *G
I had the same problem where I had signed up with my Chase Sapphire Preferred and my status didn't change over the next couple days. So I sent an e-mail last night to them and today they responded saying they apologize for the inconvenience and are giving me Platinum status through February 2013!
Old May 15, 2012, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by klavkonz
I had the same problem where I had signed up with my Chase Sapphire Preferred and my status didn't change over the next couple days. So I sent an e-mail last night to them and today they responded saying they apologize for the inconvenience and are giving me Platinum status through February 2013!
Which email did you send this to?
Old May 15, 2012, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Which email did you send this to?
[email protected]

Be sure to reference the promo's link.
Old May 15, 2012, 1:56 pm

Thumbs up

I went through the exact same process and received Platinum through Feb 2013 as well. Definitely worth a shot for anyone having issues with the status posting.
Old May 17, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by GH83
I went through the exact same process and received Platinum through Feb 2013 as well. Definitely worth a shot for anyone having issues with the status posting.
It didn't work for me I tried to sign my fiance up for the VISA match with a Sapphire card and Hyatt never updated it from Gold to Platinum. I emailed GP and they only gave me the Platinum status until the end of August... Oh well I have my Diamond status so probably not much use for it anyways, except maybe having her get the Hyatt CC while Platinum.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
How long did it take for them to respond? I've been waiting for a reply for the last few days.
Old May 27, 2012, 3:35 pm

Drat. I signed up for the promotion on the last day it was available, but apparently it didn't go through. I didn't find this out until I checked in at a Hyatt last night only to find that I had no status.

After talking to the desk girl for a while they agreed to comp me wi-fi (whoop de doo, it's like I'm staying in a Super 8!) but that was it.
Old May 31, 2012, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jorgen
Drat. I signed up for the promotion on the last day it was available, but apparently it didn't go through. I didn't find this out until I checked in at a Hyatt last night only to find that I had no status.

After talking to the desk girl for a while they agreed to comp me wi-fi (whoop de doo, it's like I'm staying in a Super 8!) but that was it.
Update: I emailed 'em and they got back to me four days later to give me Plat status through to Feb 2013. Hooray! They also retrospectively granted me the 15% points bonus I should have got.
Old May 31, 2012, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Has anyone signed up for this promo and then signed up for the Hyatt CC promo with the 2 suite upgrades for Platnium?

I signed up for the credit card mainly to avoid foreign currency fees on a few trips coming up (and figured it was a cheap way to do it for a year since you get the credit back making the first year free) and it said platniums were to get 2 free nights and 2 suite upgrade coupons. Just wondering if I will get those or if Hyatt will claim I am not a real plantium since it was only temporary status.
Old May 31, 2012, 6:51 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Has anyone signed up for this promo and then signed up for the Hyatt CC promo with the 2 suite upgrades for Platnium?

I signed up for the credit card mainly to avoid foreign currency fees on a few trips coming up (and figured it was a cheap way to do it for a year since you get the credit back making the first year free) and it said platniums were to get 2 free nights and 2 suite upgrade coupons. Just wondering if I will get those or if Hyatt will claim I am not a real plantium since it was only temporary status.
I would think you would be considered a "real" Platinum - much the same way that someone who is enrolled in a Diamond challenge is considered a "real" Diamond for all purposes including the credit card sign up bonuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.