Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport 90-day trial Platinum status - Visa Signature

Hyatt Gold Passport 90-day trial Platinum status - Visa Signature

Old Apr 2, 12, 7:42 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NC
Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 123
Hyatt Gold Passport 90-day trial Platinum status - Visa Signature

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but Visa Signature posted on their Facebook page a trial Platinum status offer for Hyatt. "You must have a Visa Signature card and enter your card number on the page.

Registration Page


As part of Visa Signature's special travel offers, enjoy complimentary Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum status, which includes:

•Preferred rooms based on availability
•2:00 p.m. late check-out upon request
•15% point bonus
•Complimentary in-room Internet
•Expedited check-in

Verify your card and register by May 11th to receive trial Platinum status for 90 days from date of registration.


This is a little better than the 60 day offer with its regular status challenges, though you can try for the Diamond challenge if you have status with another program.

Not sure if during this trial, you can get the 2 free nights in a suite by applying for the Chase Hyatt card, since you'd be technically a Platinum. Anyone care to give it a shot?
bombnthud is offline  
Old Apr 2, 12, 7:57 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UKB
Posts: 11,424
I can't get it to work...I have a couple Visa signature numbers though...

Isn't a Diamond Challenge a one time thing?
fumitani is offline  
Old Apr 2, 12, 8:19 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 305
So does the link work or not? I don't want to add my CC# for a scam.
kevinjrwagner is offline  
Old Apr 2, 12, 9:29 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 505
I came across this offer but have been unable to get my card verified. Now I am worried about ...scammed. I found it while looking at Hyatt web page.

I posted on another thread re Hyatt offers current/expired.

Last edited by 8dimsum; Apr 2, 12 at 9:39 pm
8dimsum is offline  
Old Apr 2, 12, 10:04 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UKB
Posts: 11,424
It works now...but status does not post instantly...I'm waiting for my status to change
fumitani is offline  
Old Apr 2, 12, 10:13 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: California
Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 2,220
Originally Posted by 8dimsum View Post
I came across this offer but have been unable to get my card verified. Now I am worried about ...scammed. I found it while looking at Hyatt web page.

I posted on another thread re Hyatt offers current/expired.
Works for me. In any event it's hosted on Hyatt's website, for better or for worse.
JackE is offline  
Old Apr 2, 12, 10:40 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 320
Originally Posted by fumitani View Post
It works now...but status does not post instantly...I'm waiting for my status to change
I couldn't get it to work in Chrome but when I switched to IE I too received the confirmation screen.
onlybeef42 is offline  
Old Apr 3, 12, 7:23 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by bombnthud View Post
Not sure if during this trial, you can get the 2 free nights in a suite by applying for the Chase Hyatt card, since you'd be technically a Platinum. Anyone care to give it a shot?
This is my question, too; it'll determine whether I get the trial Platinum now or wait a month or so to match it up with an application for the Hyatt card I'm planning anyway. Along the same lines (and maybe an indicator of the answer here), has anyone applied for the Hyatt card while in the middle of a platinum (or higher) status match, which would seem like a similarly-temporary status as far as the IT system would be concerned?
StckFigure is offline  
Old Apr 3, 12, 7:46 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: RDU
Posts: 805
Originally Posted by StckFigure View Post
This is my question, too; it'll determine whether I get the trial Platinum now or wait a month or so to match it up with an application for the Hyatt card I'm planning anyway. Along the same lines (and maybe an indicator of the answer here), has anyone applied for the Hyatt card while in the middle of a platinum (or higher) status match, which would seem like a similarly-temporary status as far as the IT system would be concerned?
I applied for the Chase Hyatt card during a Diamond challenge, and received the two nights in a suite since I was a Diamond at time of application. I don't think the IT system recognizes any kind of "temporary" status whatsoever, a Diamond is a Diamond.
MarkMColo is offline  
Old Apr 3, 12, 8:48 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 114
That's great news. Further refinement of the question, though: If I get this temp platinum status, then get the credit card (and potentially get two free suite nights), will I need to use those up *before* the 90 days of temp platinum runs out, or will I have them banked to my account, and my "regular" platinum status will still let me book them several months from now (for a big trip I'm planning in 2013).
StckFigure is offline  
Old Apr 3, 12, 9:35 am
  #11  
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: CVG
Posts: 15,265
Originally Posted by StckFigure View Post
That's great news. Further refinement of the question, though: If I get this temp platinum status, then get the credit card (and potentially get two free suite nights), will I need to use those up *before* the 90 days of temp platinum runs out, or will I have them banked to my account, and my "regular" platinum status will still let me book them several months from now (for a big trip I'm planning in 2013).
Plats don't get 2 free suite nights for getting the credit card - they get 2 free nights in a regular room and 2 suite upgrade certs (applicable only on paid stays - much like the Diamond Confirmed Suite Upgrades).
peteropny is offline  
Old Apr 3, 12, 1:11 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wilmington, DE
Programs: WN, US, DL, AA
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by onlybeef42 View Post
I couldn't get it to work in Chrome but when I switched to IE I too received the confirmation screen.
Yep, bombed in Chrome but worked fine in IE. Yay! ^
xtingu is offline  
Old Apr 3, 12, 1:16 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 449
Can you get 90 day Platinum trial and also apply for 60 day Diamond trial?
JCary is offline  
Old Apr 3, 12, 7:57 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Singapore
Programs: PC Plat Am, Accor GOLD, Hilton Gold
Posts: 179
Registered for promotion yesterday. Logged in today and saw my platinum status. hope to snag an upgrade in my next stay at GH, Shanghai
unitedinsg is offline  
Old Apr 4, 12, 7:32 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Posts: 2,183
No luck today

I cannot get it to work on FF or IE.
freeflyin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: