FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Gold Passport 90-day trial Platinum status - Visa Signature (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1331840-hyatt-gold-passport-90-day-trial-platinum-status-visa-signature.html)

bombnthud Apr 2, 2012 7:42 pm

Hyatt Gold Passport 90-day trial Platinum status - Visa Signature

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but Visa Signature posted on their Facebook page a trial Platinum status offer for Hyatt. "You must have a Visa Signature card and enter your card number on the page.

Registration Page

As part of Visa Signature's special travel offers, enjoy complimentary Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum status, which includes:

•Preferred rooms based on availability
•2:00 p.m. late check-out upon request
•15% point bonus
•Complimentary in-room Internet
•Expedited check-in

Verify your card and register by May 11th to receive trial Platinum status for 90 days from date of registration.

This is a little better than the 60 day offer with its regular status challenges, though you can try for the Diamond challenge if you have status with another program.

Not sure if during this trial, you can get the 2 free nights in a suite by applying for the Chase Hyatt card, since you'd be technically a Platinum. Anyone care to give it a shot?

fumitani Apr 2, 2012 7:57 pm

I can't get it to work...I have a couple Visa signature numbers though...

Isn't a Diamond Challenge a one time thing?

kevinjrwagner Apr 2, 2012 8:19 pm

So does the link work or not? I don't want to add my CC# for a scam.

8dimsum Apr 2, 2012 9:29 pm

I came across this offer but have been unable to get my card verified. Now I am worried about ...scammed.:( I found it while looking at Hyatt web page.

I posted on another thread re Hyatt offers current/expired.

fumitani Apr 2, 2012 10:04 pm

It works now...but status does not post instantly...I'm waiting for my status to change

JackE Apr 2, 2012 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by 8dimsum (Post 18323622)
I came across this offer but have been unable to get my card verified. Now I am worried about ...scammed.:( I found it while looking at Hyatt web page.

I posted on another thread re Hyatt offers current/expired.

Works for me. In any event it's hosted on Hyatt's website, for better or for worse.

onlybeef42 Apr 2, 2012 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by fumitani (Post 18323760)
It works now...but status does not post instantly...I'm waiting for my status to change

I couldn't get it to work in Chrome but when I switched to IE I too received the confirmation screen. :cool:

StckFigure Apr 3, 2012 7:23 am

Originally Posted by bombnthud (Post 18323092)
Not sure if during this trial, you can get the 2 free nights in a suite by applying for the Chase Hyatt card, since you'd be technically a Platinum. Anyone care to give it a shot?

This is my question, too; it'll determine whether I get the trial Platinum now or wait a month or so to match it up with an application for the Hyatt card I'm planning anyway. Along the same lines (and maybe an indicator of the answer here), has anyone applied for the Hyatt card while in the middle of a platinum (or higher) status match, which would seem like a similarly-temporary status as far as the IT system would be concerned?

MarkMColo Apr 3, 2012 7:46 am

Originally Posted by StckFigure (Post 18325405)
This is my question, too; it'll determine whether I get the trial Platinum now or wait a month or so to match it up with an application for the Hyatt card I'm planning anyway. Along the same lines (and maybe an indicator of the answer here), has anyone applied for the Hyatt card while in the middle of a platinum (or higher) status match, which would seem like a similarly-temporary status as far as the IT system would be concerned?

I applied for the Chase Hyatt card during a Diamond challenge, and received the two nights in a suite since I was a Diamond at time of application. I don't think the IT system recognizes any kind of "temporary" status whatsoever, a Diamond is a Diamond.

StckFigure Apr 3, 2012 8:48 am

That's great news. Further refinement of the question, though: If I get this temp platinum status, then get the credit card (and potentially get two free suite nights), will I need to use those up *before* the 90 days of temp platinum runs out, or will I have them banked to my account, and my "regular" platinum status will still let me book them several months from now (for a big trip I'm planning in 2013).

peteropny Apr 3, 2012 9:35 am

Originally Posted by StckFigure (Post 18325918)
That's great news. Further refinement of the question, though: If I get this temp platinum status, then get the credit card (and potentially get two free suite nights), will I need to use those up *before* the 90 days of temp platinum runs out, or will I have them banked to my account, and my "regular" platinum status will still let me book them several months from now (for a big trip I'm planning in 2013).

Plats don't get 2 free suite nights for getting the credit card - they get 2 free nights in a regular room and 2 suite upgrade certs (applicable only on paid stays - much like the Diamond Confirmed Suite Upgrades).

xtingu Apr 3, 2012 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by onlybeef42 (Post 18323884)
I couldn't get it to work in Chrome but when I switched to IE I too received the confirmation screen. :cool:

Yep, bombed in Chrome but worked fine in IE. Yay! ^

JCary Apr 3, 2012 1:16 pm

Can you get 90 day Platinum trial and also apply for 60 day Diamond trial?

unitedinsg Apr 3, 2012 7:57 pm

Registered for promotion yesterday. Logged in today and saw my platinum status. hope to snag an upgrade in my next stay at GH, Shanghai :D

freeflyin Apr 4, 2012 7:32 am

No luck today

I cannot get it to work on FF or IE.