FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1307256-park-hyatt-paris-vendome-review-master-thread-aug-2011-onward.html)

Goodmorning2U Jul 25, 2012 1:40 pm

Thank you, Stevens397!

Originally Posted by stevens397 (Post 18978339)
Central Reservations may not be able to do this but you might have better luck contacting the hotel directly and asking. You could contact the Concierge at [email protected], tell them your situation and ask them to check it our with the manager. The staff there is amazingly responsive and that's the approach I would take. Good luck.

Do you or any past guest have experience with noise from rooms on Rue de la Paix?

edgewood49 Jul 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U (Post 19000872)
Do you or any past guest have experience with noise from rooms on Rue de la Paix?

Nope

Firewind Jul 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U (Post 18970147)
2. Does anyone have opinions on the noise level if you have a room facing Place Vendome?

Yes. I have found the buzzing motorscooters to be an issue in the middle of the night, especially with the windows open. The buildings make de la Paix a canyon at the Park Hyatt. But as you can see, some have not had this experience.

RichardInSF Jul 26, 2012 12:10 am

Originally Posted by redtop43 (Post 18970420)
The real question is when will they invent a toilet that automatically puts the seat down when a woman walks into the bathroom, and so quickly and silently that she doesn't know the man left it up? For that I'd pay 44K points/night!

PH Shanghai toilets automatically lower both the seat and the cover when the motion detector doesn't detect any motion in the room for a few minutes. Of course, it's a product from Toto of Japan!

Firewind Jul 26, 2012 12:15 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 19003671)
Of course, it's a product from Toto of Japan!

Just in case the Miracle Fruit-su doesn't agree... :D

Ducatibiker Jul 26, 2012 12:20 am

Yes, Rue de la Paix is very noisy. It is one of the busiest street in Paris. The window isolation is not good enough and the dB level is above the norm, especially in a 'Palace' !

need2ski Jul 26, 2012 7:00 pm

We just spent 3 nights and did not have any issue. We slept with the windows closed and that makes a significant difference. We still heard the occasional passing police siren, but other than that we didn't hear much.

My wife and I are plats and we received a free continental breakfast each day (not the full American breakfast). We ordered eggs the first day and were charged for them. We were also charged for the tips we added to the bill each day. Still, a great treat as per gold passport we don't qualify for a free breakfast, so I was happy to pay what they charged me.

We ended up taking a cab to the airport on Tuesday morning. The charge was 59 Euros before tip.

Hotel was great as others have commented. Look forward to going back

need2ski Jul 26, 2012 7:07 pm

I'll also mention that the restaurant La Pain Quotidien on Rue de March-Saint-Honore (next to the FranPrix and Laundromat) offers good seasonal, organic, vegetarian options for those that are interested in that.

Thanks to the prior posters on this tread, the information was very helpful and helped make for a pleasant trip.

applezz13 Jul 26, 2012 7:16 pm

I am thinking about using my two free nights here from the Hyatt credit card. As a diamond the two nights are supposed to be in a suite. What room type can I expect at this hotel?

martyYYZ Jul 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by applezz13 (Post 19009374)
I am thinking about using my two free nights here from the Hyatt credit card. As a diamond the two nights are supposed to be in a suite. What room type can I expect at this hotel?

You would get a A Park Suite King

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-pa...otelCode=parph

charms81 Jul 28, 2012 8:08 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

When booking rooms, there's a preference option 'honeymoon couple'. What does it provide? Its not my honeymoon per say, but would like to surprise my wife if it provides something special. Has anyone chosen that option to see what it gets?

gwhite216 Jul 28, 2012 8:41 am

Originally Posted by charms81 (Post 19017419)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

When booking rooms, there's a preference option 'honeymoon couple'. What does it provide? Its not my honeymoon per say, but would like to surprise my wife if it provides something special. Has anyone chosen that option to see what it gets?

If you say it is your honeymoon and it is not it just cheapens the experience for those who are celebrating their honeymoon. If you are expecting comp things at this hotel you will not enjoy yourself. It is a fantastic property that charges accordingly.

charms81 Jul 28, 2012 8:44 am

Originally Posted by gwhite216

Originally Posted by charms81 (Post 19017419)

If you say it is your honeymoon and it is not it just cheapens the experience for those who are celebrating their honeymoon. If you are expecting comp things at this hotel you will not enjoy yourself. It is a fantastic property that charges accordingly.

I'm not cheapening out here and ready to pay the price. I've booked a nice suite for a second 'honeymoon' as first one right after wedding was in a haste due to time restrictions. I am ready to pay for a customized honeymoon package if they have one, but just want to know what exactly it includes other than rose petals in the shower.

charms81 Jul 28, 2012 8:48 am

On another note, I've already considered adding the package which includes a champagne, chocolates and flowers, so is 'honeymoon' something different?

redtop43 Jul 31, 2012 12:39 pm

I checked "Honeymoon couple" on my reservation, because it is (although we've been married over a year, it's actually our first trip anywhere for more than an overnight), but I didn't necessarily expect anything special. Maybe a card or something.