Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2023, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akleopard
Wrapping up a 6 night stay here. ..............a 2 queen bed city view...........We did get upgraded to a Diamond Head Ocean Front on the 27th floor though, so that was nice................
Diamond Head Ocean Front upgrade for a 6 night stay? You did really well. It is next to impossible to get a suite upgrade especially for a 6 night stay.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 10:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Valet is the only way to go. Book on an award stay and it’s free for Globalists. The salad offering was good at the club each night we were there in May. I got snacks and a soda mid-day at the club so not sure but you must have missed it.
problem is points are usually a bad redemption here. Rates aren’t very high compared to other hotels in the area.

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Does Hertz or some other agency still have a rental car presence in the hotel? When we stayed at the HR a decade or so ago, we rented a vehicle for the day a few times. It was a lot more convenient (and cheaper, I think) to not have to worry about parking. Of course, if you plan to be out and about with a car every day on a longer stay, that calculation might not work out the same way, but we spent a few days in Waikiki (sans car) and a few days exploring the island with the car.
Hertz is still there but pickup in the morning can be a disaster even for golds. Pickup in the garage takes forever.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Staying at this property based on Globalist benefits involves making numerous compromises. For me, it's not generally worth it.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 12:04 pm

The salad offering was good at the club each night we were there in May. I got snacks and a soda mid-day at the club so not sure but you must have missed it.
I usually refilled my water bottle in the club using the Sodastream machine there. Counter was empty during non-service hours. There is a mini fridge with a few sodas.

Originally Posted by TerryK
Diamond Head Ocean Front upgrade for a 6 night stay? You did really well. It is next to impossible to get a suite upgrade especially for a 6 night stay.
Not a suite upgrade, but I believe DH Ocean Front is their highest room category so yes, was grateful for that. Suites were showing no availability in the app unsurprisingly.

Last edited by akleopard; Jun 6, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Old Jun 6, 2023, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
The parking garage is a nightmare.
I can’t stand the parking garage there either. Takes forever to get to/from the self-park floors trying to navigate the narrow corners and oncoming vehicles.

I got snacks and a soda mid-day at the club so not sure but you must have missed it.
I usually refilled my water bottle in the club using the Sodastream machine there. Counter was empty during non-service hours. There is a mini fridge with a few sodas.
My last visit early this year they had packaged granola bars and cookies out mid-day.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 3:54 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by econ
My last visit early this year they had packaged granola bars and cookies out mid-day.
Yes, this was the case only three weeks ago when I was there too.

While I agree it’s not the most aspirational Hyatt in Hawaii, I really did have a positive stay and found the Club better than okay. And I live in APAC, where we’re taken very good care of and known to be pretty fussy!
Old Jun 9, 2023, 12:49 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
problem is points are usually a bad redemption here. Rates aren’t very high compared to other hotels in the area.
Hertz is still there but pickup in the morning can be a disaster even for golds. Pickup in the garage takes forever.
I was here for 4 nights and learned too late that you cannot make same-day reservations in app for Avis and Hertz. As a result, wasn't able to use my corporate rates and I had to do a walk-up. They gave me a 3000 mile Mustang convertible for 24 hour rental all-in $165 base rate, taxes, and underage fee. Did I do ok?

Regarding the food comments, per a manager email: "While we did have meats and prawns, those were available at our buffet and not within the Regency Club. (To let you in on a little secret, bringing back the buffet is currently in the works!)"
Old Jun 9, 2023, 8:48 am

I used Turo to rent a car for a day while staying at the regency.

$90 for a convertible mustang. I had to walk a mile to pick it up but it was a nice walk.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 11:19 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by avogadro
I used Turo to rent a car for a day while staying at the regency.

$90 for a convertible mustang. I had to walk a mile to pick it up but it was a nice walk.
In order to get $90 as an all-in price, what does the base rate have to be for you? $70? Turo charges a trip fee, sales tax, and young driver fee if applicable.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

while there are occasional lines at pickup hertz downstairs is very convenient.. they asked ppl in line if anyone had gold and paperwork was ready for them - we were out in 15-20 min
Old Jun 9, 2023, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
In order to get $90 as an all-in price, what does the base rate have to be for you? $70? Turo charges a trip fee, sales tax, and young driver fee if applicable.
Here's the billing summary:

Old Jun 20, 2023, 3:53 pm

Quick Q: All the "suites" here are on high floors, yes?

We're headed there this weekend, and have a 2QQ family suite booked on a TSU. We typically prefer lower floors on account of having little kids in tow, but are wondering if there are actually any suite options at lower elevations.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
I was here for 4 nights and learned too late that you cannot make same-day reservations in app for Avis and Hertz. As a result, wasn't able to use my corporate rates and I had to do a walk-up. They gave me a 3000 mile Mustang convertible for 24 hour rental all-in $165 base rate, taxes, and underage fee. Did I do ok?

Regarding the food comments, per a manager email: "While we did have meats and prawns, those were available at our buffet and not within the Regency Club. (To let you in on a little secret, bringing back the buffet is currently in the works!)"
I have to ask, what kind of work do you do to still need to pay the underage fee, yet have all the travel status!
Old Jun 20, 2023, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by AllThePants
Quick Q: All the "suites" here are on high floors, yes?

We're headed there this weekend, and have a 2QQ family suite booked on a TSU. We typically prefer lower floors on account of having little kids in tow, but are wondering if there are actually any suite options at lower elevations.
My hotel contact told me the 9 family suites they have are in Ewa Tower between 31-38 floors, and DH Tower between 30-34 floors.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 11:53 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

New GM since April for the property Mr.Hodges
24 years with Hyatt and has been with Park Hyatt Aviara,Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach and Andaz San Diego and others
Hopefully he can bring about some improvements to the property
olouie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.