Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:19 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Any updates or recent experience on the Globalist beneies?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Any updates or recent experience on the Globalist beneies?
I think their all over the place these days but mostly declining for us. I wonder where the "bottom is" in all this. The cost of FF program is still factored in to the rates we all pay yet benefits are continuing to decline for many of us FF'ers the full breakfast is a huge deal when traveling and yes a nice upgrade works but I have come to just reserve the room I want and not worry about it in flight. For those of us that travel internationally I think the hotels at least for now are more attentive to FF and status levels.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 1:21 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I think their all over the place these days but mostly declining for us. I wonder where the "bottom is" in all this. The cost of FF program is still factored in to the rates we all pay yet benefits are continuing to decline for many of us FF'ers the full breakfast is a huge deal when traveling and yes a nice upgrade works but I have come to just reserve the room I want and not worry about it in flight. For those of us that travel internationally I think the hotels at least for now are more attentive to FF and status levels.
But unlike Marriott which suspended its standards (and then restored them in January) due to Covid downturn, Hyatt never suspended its own standards or program guarantees.

This seem to be a US issue to help properties weather the Covid storm by cutting costs. My qualification (and my wife's) for a Globalist was achieved at the HR Sukhumvit Bangkok where we had 3 stays for a total of 15 nights (2 rooms) in December & January. The treatment, benefits, amenities, upgrades were all supreme - these were some of our best hotel stays ever and we had the whole place to ourselves as the occupancy rate was under 15%. So it makes more sense to excel with the benefits now to maintain loyalty.

Globalist AYCE breakfast at Market Cafe - HR Sukhumvit
Old Feb 18, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kalboz
But unlike Marriott which suspended its standards (and then restored them in January) due to Covid downturn, Hyatt never suspended its own standards or program guarantees.

This seem to be a US issue to help properties weather the Covid storm by cutting costs. My qualification (and my wife's) for a Globalist was achieved at the HR Sukhumvit Bangkok where we had 3 stays for a total of 15 nights (2 rooms) in December & January. The treatment, benefits, amenities, upgrades were all supreme - these were some of our best hotel stays ever and we had the whole place to ourselves as the occupancy rate was under 15%. So it makes more sense to excel with the benefits now to maintain loyalty.

Globalist AYCE breakfast at Market Cafe - HR Sukhumvit
I think you missed the part of my comment regarding international travel which is always superior to domestic (US) stays, they recognize and appreciate our loyalty Hyatt leading the pack!
Old Feb 20, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Feb Stay, 1 night

No lei during check in. Booked city view and was upgraded to Diamond Head Ocean Front View. We needed 2 beds, so took the downgrade to an ocean front room facing Duke on 38th floor. I asked if complementary “standard suite” is available and was told “no”. Since this is just a short stay, we didn’t make any fuss.

There was no bottle water in the room, but we still have some so no issue here.

Breakfast grab and go as discussed by others was sufficient. I was able to get hash brown instead of the English muffins. Asked and was told the occupancy rate is still at single digit. This explained why the hot tub is closed and not heated.

$5 off (available to everyone) pizza during happy hour was surprisingly tasty.

The biggest perk was getting 8pm and later extended to 9pm late checkout before catching our flight at 11:30pm. Self park was still free for diamonds.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Since the lounge is closed along with the great staff, what do Globalist get for breakfast? I will also miss my Mai Tai’s in the lounge for drinks, I’m guessing Globalist get nothing but some sort of breakfast?

i’ve been staying here for 20 years, and it will be different for my next stay.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 2:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Since the lounge is closed along with the great staff, what do Globalist get for breakfast? I will also miss my Mai Tai’s in the lounge for drinks, I’m guessing Globalist get nothing but some sort of breakfast?

i’ve been staying here for 20 years, and it will be different for my next stay.
To-go sandwiches or egg/meat/potato plates are available at the bar area; the menu is available on the hotel website. The main Shor restaurant is closed. I was traveling by myself so did not inquire how many people this interim breakfast benefit covered.

And correct, no F&B provisions for Globalists other than breakfast.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 7:30 am

Does anybody have their Work From Hyatt benefit description in handy and share with me? I know it included "complementary cabana rental" in the language but they are only providing 1 day rental not for the entire stay.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Does anybody have their Work From Hyatt benefit description in handy and share with me? I know it included "complementary cabana rental" in the language but they are only providing 1 day rental not for the entire stay.
I’m also wondering about this as I booked that rate and I also have the $50.00 Food credit, but if the restaurant is closed and I get free breakfast as a globalist, what can I use the 50$ on?

sorry, just checked out the website. To go only for lunch and happy hour.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 9:56 am

I’m also wondering about this as I booked that rate and I also have the $50.00 Food credit, but if the restaurant is closed and I get free breakfast as a globalist, what can I use the 50$ on?

sorry, just checked out the website. To go only for lunch and happy hour.
You have $50 F&B credit per day? I think mine says $25. You clearly have a better deal. Did yours say "complementary cabana rental"? If so, how would you understand this? Do you get to use one cabana daily throughout the stay or one day cabana rental for the stay? I thought it's the former. The hotel agrees with me but they don't want to do anything to compensate their mistake. I wonder if I'm asking too much.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 11:53 am

You have $50 F&B credit per day? I think mine says $25. You clearly have a better deal. Did yours say "complementary cabana rental"? If so, how would you understand this? Do you get to use one cabana daily throughout the stay or one day cabana rental for the stay? I thought it's the former. The hotel agrees with me but they don't want to do anything to compensate their mistake. I wonder if I'm asking too much.
Yup! Mine says the same thing, i’ve stayed here over 30 times in the past few years and I knew not to many cabanas available, I did email them back and ask them before I booked if its daily or just once and they confirmed just once but I agree, the wording was not good. I booked in January maybe they were doing $50 a day then they changed it to 25$?
Old Feb 28, 2021, 11:54 am

Duplicate

Last edited by LASUA1K; Feb 28, 2021 at 11:55 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Feb 28, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Do you get to use one cabana daily throughout the stay or one day cabana rental for the stay? I thought it's the former.
I don't have any print out, but I recalled only once during your stay for our end of January trip. I had a conversation with the family about this on if we should book the cabana on a Saturday or Sunday. Granted, there is no saying on how many times they change their T&C. When I realized the pool is not heated and hot tub is closed, we changed our booking to Centric.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 12:41 pm

Yup! Mine says the same thing, i’ve stayed here over 30 times in the past few years and I knew not to many cabanas available, I did email them back and ask them before I booked if its daily or just once and they confirmed just once but I agree, the wording was not good. I booked in January maybe they were doing $50 a day then they changed it to 25$?
I believe they have changed T&C multiple times. For people like me who never stayed at HR Waikiki before, I thought they have a handful of cabanas given that the hotel is large. At least that's what I thought. I thought WFH rates were good mainly because it comes with a separate room for an office, daily F&B credit, and this cabana rental. I am a globalist so the resort fee is waived and I don't plan on using a car much so parking fee waived benefit is not useful for me. Having a cabana is like a having additional office with a view besides your room and a separate room/office. The hotel apologized for their poor wordings but nothing else they are willing to provide.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by 168
I don't have any print out, but I recalled only once during your stay for our end of January trip. I had a conversation with the family about this on if we should book the cabana on a Saturday or Sunday. Granted, there is no saying on how many times they change their T&C. When I realized the pool is not heated and hot tub is closed, we changed our booking to Centric.
I was also looking at the Centric but the restaurant is closed and they don't offer WFH rate. The price difference is not much between Hyatt Regency and Centric.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.