Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Given your itin stick with the Hyatt Regency Waikiki. But please try and obtain RC access because the Hotel is very common but so are many other Waikiki hotels after coming off the neighbor Islands. Congrats!
good point and agree
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
...Hopefully you both will find lots to do in Waikiki and won't be in the hotel all that much.
Hello, they're gonna be on their honeymoon. Hopefully they are in the hotel all that much!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, No other status for now..
My fiancee got cranky when I suggested that we ask for RC access. "I don't want to beg" was what she said.

I think I'll call and see what I can do. The reservation is under her name, though, but maybe I can work something out with them by saying that I want to surprise her.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by onefatsurfer
My fiancee got cranky when I suggested that we ask for RC access. "I don't want to beg" was what she said.

I think I'll call and see what I can do. The reservation is under her name, though, but maybe I can work something out with them by saying that I want to surprise her.
If you call the hotel directly and ask for the reservations manager I am sure they will do something for you. They strive on requests like this as it builds future business for them. Don't be afraid to ask remember you pay their salaries
Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
In the end you are willing to pay. But I agree if you call then with hope something will be done for your special day. Onward.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:02 am

In the end you are willing to pay. But I agree if you call then with hope something will be done for your special day. Onward.
I called yesterday.. They said I could upgrade the room to a deluxe for $30 more per night, then use points to upgrade it. Ignoring the value of the points, is it worth the $30/night for the club access + better view? What do you actually get with club access?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I've read through this thread and most of what I picked up on was that you get a mediocre continental breakfast and some hors d'oeuvres
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:17 am

I called yesterday.. They said I could upgrade the room to a deluxe for $30 more per night, then use points to upgrade it. Ignoring the value of the points, is it worth the $30/night for the club access + better view? What do you actually get with club access?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I've read through this thread and most of what I picked up on was that you get a mediocre continental breakfast and some hors d'oeuvres
The room upgrade depending on how much you view the room as important for myself I prefer a good room, the RC is worth it as long as a full breakfast is not important, I am a Type 2 D so a full breakfast for me is important to state the day, drinks and Poo Poo's are free in the afternoon a good thing. And they have a private area as well. so if the cost is manageable DO IT !

Mahalo !
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere

The view alone is worth the $30 a night.

The club gives you a nice contiental breakfast, cookies/snacks/beverages throughout the day, and hor's douvres in the evening.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Do it. Get it over with. Enjoy the whole reason you are in Hawaii. The full breakfast served in the restaurant is so packed you can not enjoy it. We have only taken the full breakfast once and that was the last.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:46 am

I will call back after work today and set it up. Thanks for your advice, everyone! Cheers!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
During the http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/specials/...ferId=39730828 that ends tomorrow the club rooms are priced at the same level as the regular ones. Might be a good idea for those who are not Diamond members.

Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:31 am

Do it. Get it over with. Enjoy the whole reason you are in Hawaii. The full breakfast served in the restaurant is so packed you can not enjoy it. We have only taken the full breakfast once and that was the last.
If we want a full breakfast we go elsewhere

Just not the hotel it use to be.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
If we want a full breakfast we go elsewhere

Just not the hotel it use to be.
Where?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Just completed a good 7 night stay; used a suite upgrade, booked in November, no resort fee charged.
Banyan parking is the way to go; about 4 blocks and $60 a week with no hassle.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA *Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Wyndham Diamond, Accor Gold
Thumbs down Resort Fee

Just recently completed a 12 night stay at the HR Waikiki. I ended up staying at the property after a wonderful 7 night stay here back in May before the renovations.

All in all, it was a great stay. The new lounge was pretty awesome, especially with the fire pit. The high trade winds was a little annoying, but it was still nice to enjoy a drink while watching the sunset. It gets a little crowded in the morning sometimes, so be sure to grab a seat first before you get your food. Mark the regency club attendant was amazingly awesome -- he seriously made our improved our trip from being just good to great!

The Big shocker to me though was the Resort fee I got assessed this time around when I checked out. In the past, they always just waived the resort fee for Diamond members. I mean, after all, most of the benefits are already included in our standard amenity package. The standard $5.00 credit they give to diamond members is wholly inadequate. I think they need to provide better amenities to their loyal members.

I understand that the property derives most of it's revenue from it's Japanese tour groups, and so the amenity list for these groups are amazing. 60 minutes of international phone calls? Awesome! I think they need to provide a better package for diamond guests. By charging everyone a resort fee, they diminish the value of being a diamond member. It's a pretty lousy deal for hyatt's most loyal customers who are stateside.

I wrote to them that I thought their resort fee is ridiculous. If they want an additional $18 out of me per night I'm staying there, they should provide something extra, such as an upgraded buffet for diamond members (instead of the breakfast at the Regency Club) and a credit for Regency Club Honor bar or something like that.

I think if enough diamond member respond to their survey saying that it's ridiculous to charge us for benefits already included in our diamond membership. I'm certainly not staying here again if they're going to gouge me like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.