Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelzoo -- Stay Credit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Travelzoo -- Stay Credit

Know this may have been asked before ... please don't flame...
new code for Hyatt Jersey City for $99 on Travelzoo...
book it on Hyatt website will this get stay credit (since it's not third party)
TIA
Old Dec 22, 2011, 2:17 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Please see these prior threads discussing the issue, which are easily locatable by using the search function:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ed-thread.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...zoo-rates.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...y-credits.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...travelzoo.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...lzoo-rate.html
Old Dec 22, 2011, 4:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
If you made the booking through Travelzoo, then the stay may not earn credit. However, if there is a offer code on Travelzoo that you can use to enter into hyatt.com, and you use hyatt.com to make the booking, then the stay will definitely earn credit.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:07 am
Original Poster

thanks, will be booking on hyatt site
thanks for the redirection on threads... new there were some but my computer has been very glitchy lately (and freezing up)
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, United 1K
+1 kuponuts.

also, if you're ever in doubt and have a twitter account, tweet @HyattConcierge and they'll confirm it for you, my experience has been I get an answer in less than 5 minutes.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
THANKS

For some reason, I stopped receiving the TVLZ emails. I just booked this for my birthday weekend and am using a suite cert ^
Old Dec 22, 2011, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Know this may have been asked before ... please don't flame...
This isn't a flame but if you are fairly sure it's been asked before why not throw "travelzoo" into the FT Search for this forum? Just curious.
Old May 2, 2012, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by tcook052
This isn't a flame but if you are fairly sure it's been asked before why not throw "travelzoo" into the FT Search for this forum? Just curious.
I did and based on post #3 of this thread, doing a search results in a lot of old information. I wish we had a wiki so the current/correct info could be in 1 place.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:54 pm

What about a suite?

I just called to use a suite upgrade and I was told I can't because it is a discounted rate? Huh? This rate was available on the website as a travelzoo rate with code and separately as a rate called "Limited Time Rate" at the same time (both same terms). So had I booked that I would be able to?

I assume this is a situation where I should call back, is this true?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Be careful with Travelzoo rates. I thought as long as you booked on the Hyatt site even with it being a Travelzoo rate you would earn stay credit and points. I recently had a 6 night stay at the Hyatt Place Waikiki which was booked on the Hyatt site with a tzoo rate. The points and stay did not post so I contacted Hyatt GP and they said sorry booking outside Hyatt site etc dont apply but I pointed out it was booked on the Hyatt site and they said the rate didnt qualify but gave me some charity points instead.

So, be careful with Travelzoo rates. Luckily I got shot down before I booked an expensive stay at Macau in a couple of weeks as I was only really booking there to get the additional nights to hit 10 nights for the current promo. I dont have to worry abou that now so no Hyatt Macau for me.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Be careful with Travelzoo rates. I thought as long as you booked on the Hyatt site even with it being a Travelzoo rate you would earn stay credit and points. I recently had a 6 night stay at the Hyatt Place Waikiki which was booked on the Hyatt site with a tzoo rate. The points and stay did not post so I contacted Hyatt GP and they said sorry booking outside Hyatt site etc dont apply but I pointed out it was booked on the Hyatt site and they said the rate didnt qualify but gave me some charity points instead.

So, be careful with Travelzoo rates. Luckily I got shot down before I booked an expensive stay at Macau in a couple of weeks as I was only really booking there to get the additional nights to hit 10 nights for the current promo. I dont have to worry abou that now so no Hyatt Macau for me.
Thank you for the update - I really wish that Hyatt would make these "eligible" since the booking is done directly on Hyatt's site.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by peteropny
Thank you for the update - I really wish that Hyatt would make these "eligible" since the booking is done directly on Hyatt's site.
Yep, I think I got caught in the trap that as long as you book it on the Hyatt web site that it will be eligible. Terms and conditions put so many gotchas that they could actually exclude about anything if they wanted so it is a crap shoot on rates like this. Luckily for me I had not booked and stayed at a more expensive property yet and counted on the bonus etc. I think it is a bigger problem for folks that are regulars with Hyatt of which I am not so not a great loss for me to not book with them but for those that a lot of time at Hyatts this could be a bigger loss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.