Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Proactively Credited Missing Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum

I checked my GP account online and saw 5,055 points were added today in the "Base" column with the description of "Other." There was no description of the activity. I called GP customer service and it took a few minutes on hold to get an answer, but I was told that Hyatt went through my account and saw some incorrect points postings. The net result was 5,055 points added to my account, which I was told was the shortfall. No further details were available.

A big ^ for unexpected points, and for getting one-half of one percent closer to Lifetime Diamond status ()
A big to me for, apparently, not keeping well-enough track of my stay credits.

Is this an isolated incident or something more widespread? If the latter, what could have prompted it (perhaps an acknowledgement of the shortcomings of GP's point-posting system)?

Edit: I guess I can't assume these count towards Lifetime Diamond status, as Hyatt Visa points also post as "Base," but do not (I believe) count towards that status.

Last edited by CopperSteve; Dec 13, 2011 at 11:47 am Reason: New information
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:08 am

4,057 for me with no explanation. Not going to ask either...

Who said Santa Claus does not exist?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Same here but only 606 points

I usually take miles with the triple miles promos so I can understand why it is so low. Unexpected and a nice surprise!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I only got 430 points. I demand a recount!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:35 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

precisely 0 for me - I guess I check my account too closely!!!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:14 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
611 points for me. I wonder if this is to make up for all the minor differences for regularly posted points. I routinely find stays that post 5-20% less points than they should, but I never call because the difference is so ridiculous.

I will say HGP has made some definite improvements lately on points posting. It's clear that someone has started caring about making things right.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
136 for me.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
I thought I was right on top of things...WRONG got 495 credited
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:45 pm
Company Representative - Gold Passport by Hyatt

Follow Up From Hyatt Gold Passport

Dear FlyerTalkers,

Recently, we identified a system error that caused an incorrect number of Hyatt Gold Passport points to post to some member accounts. After a comprehensive evaluation, we have made the required adjustments to ensure that these members received a credit with the proper number of points.

Please note, if your account was impacted by this error, you will be communicated to directly via e-mail or direct mail.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service toll free at 1.800.228.3360 in the U.S. and Canada or 1.402.593.8615 when outside the U.S. and Canada, or by e-mail at [email protected].

I wish you a warm and wonderful holiday season.

Safe travels,

Jeff Zidell
VP, Hyatt Gold Passport
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Nice surprise! I just got the email and about 1,000 points credited.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Just got the email. Thank you, Jeff. ^
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Me Too

I saw them this morning and got the email this afternoon.

I recieved a bit over 3,000

BRAVO to Hyatt for fixing what we knew was broken (their points posting) but did not know what the real numbers were.

Nicely done!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Recently, we identified a system error that caused an incorrect number of Hyatt Gold Passport® points to post to your account. After a comprehensive evaluation, we have credited 100 points to your account.

Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
I got an email telling me how "they had identified a system error...". No, they didn't. WE did. We told them about it, and after taking their sweet time, they fixed it.

That being said, I am glad the matter is resolved.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:48 pm

Welcome, 365
Diamond

Recently, we identified a system error that caused an incorrect number of Hyatt Gold Passport® points to post to your account. After a comprehensive evaluation, we have credited 42,110 points to your account.

We regret this error occurred, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this miscalculation may have caused. You should feel confident we have made the required adjustments to ensure you receive the proper number of points for all your stays at Hyatt hotels.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service
-----------------------------
I'd never have noticed. I don't use my points. Still, relative to the previous posts, this seems like a relatively large number. Oh well....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.