Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bath&Shower Toiletries: Goodbye Portico "White Ginger" / hello to KenetMD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bath&Shower Toiletries: Goodbye Portico "White Ginger" / hello to KenetMD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Where the heck is the new toiletries?

My travel has taken me back to Hyatt's turf and I have been staying there quite a bit this year. When are they going to bring the new stuff out. I can't stand Portico White Ginger anymore... I am tired of bring my own stuff... I don't care - even Patene is better than White Ginger crap. It's Q2 already How much longer do I have to endure this...
Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:07 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Portico verbena in both CDG and Birmingham this week, replacing Water l'Eau and an improvement...
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:44 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jmr50
I particularly enjoyed the grapefruit bodywash.
+1

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Portico verbena in both CDG and Birmingham this week, replacing Water l'Eau and an improvement...
Also at the DFW Grand Hyatt. I actually like this Portico Verbena than the White Ginger.

Originally Posted by wlau
Someone said June Jacobs?! NO!!!! NO!!!! I hope Jeff is not considering that! I had that stuff from Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, it's horrible. It's almost like Portico but with a milder scent
Not all June Jacobs lines are bad...the grapefruit version works great and I like the scent too. I do agree with you that the new green tea line is similar to the white ginger with a milder scent. I am pretty disappointed that Grand Hyatt SIN replaces their grapefruit version with the green tea line.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 7:08 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Potico Verbena was the standard Hyatt amenity before they went to the White Ginger (and initially Lavendar Citrus (something like that) for summer but was then dropped for the White Ginger year round).
Old Apr 16, 2012, 4:45 pm

Hyatt Regency Greenwich has the Quince+Bergamot Portico products
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Quince+Bergamot is much better than White Ginger. Quince+Bergamot is much more moisturizing. I've seen Quince+Bergamot for the better part of a year but can never figure out how to get myself into a room with Quince+Bergamot. It's sometimes in the suites but not always. Best I can tell is the supplier ships Quince+Bergamot when White Ginger is out... Quince+Bergamot comes in very large tubes, so it will take up a lot of room in your quart size zip lock bag if you want to drag them around to different Hyatts. In fact, I will leave a note for house keeping people not to throw out Quince+Bergamot that i have brought with me.

Another interest thing I found out last week when I was chatting with my favorite Regency Club host. She said they are trying new bath amenities and would be switched later this year. She brought out some samples to show me and I also fell off the chair - Peter Thomas Roth <--- the same stuff from Hilton!!@!@! Maybe someone is reading this forum after all
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:12 pm

The only Hyatts that I've seen that weren't using White Ginger were a couple of Hyatt Houses (former Hotel Sierras) and Highlands Inn. Everywhere else is still using the ginger.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:42 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
At GH Istanbul now and June Jacobs 'Green Tea' has replaced the previous l'Occitane Verbena

Will update post in the morning once I've tried it....

Update after trying shampoo, soap and conditioner (not the norm for me but for the good of my fellow FTers):
Not bad. Certainly better than Water l'Eau, but I still think I prefer the l'Occitane.

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Apr 24, 2012 at 1:16 am
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:12 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Well, it's certainly been a long time since we've started hearing rumors of a replacement for the Portico White Ginger products, but today's WSJ Middle Seat column is reporting that as of Saturday, Hyatt will be switching to KenetMD for North American HR properties. I'm definitely excited to try out the new products, although I suspect it may take a few weeks for properties to go through their existing stock.

I have a Hyatt stay tomorrow, and as always, I'm going to be bringing my own shampoo and conditioner since I can't stand the white ginger...
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
On this note, I've notices the Hyatt branded aqua fresh is being replaced slowly with non branded version. Wonder if that is switching out as well. /hijack
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I've enjoyed the Portico products, and am sorry to see them go.. Hopefully the new product will be decent.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I didn't mind the June Jacobs in Singapore. The upgrade to a "deluxe room" that was in actuality a suite and the generous amount of bath amenities helped.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Originally Posted by kenbo
The only Hyatts that I've seen that weren't using White Ginger were a couple of Hyatt Houses (former Hotel Sierras) and Highlands Inn. Everywhere else is still using the ginger.
My experience was the opposite. Last week at the Hyatt House LAX it was still White Ginger, and something else at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:17 pm

Staying at the HR Irvine for this evening and White Ginger is still in use.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by mr27
Staying at the HR Irvine for this evening and White Ginger is still in use.
I was just there the same night - still White Ginger. Same goes for HR Orange County.

I love Hyatt for the most part but this White Ginger crap might be enough for me to leave the chain. I hope this news is for real, not like the last time they announced the change but never happened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.