Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bath&Shower Toiletries: Goodbye Portico "White Ginger" / hello to KenetMD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bath&Shower Toiletries: Goodbye Portico "White Ginger" / hello to KenetMD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Very good article... no mention of Hyatt tho??? So not only has gold passport sunk to horrible levels... Hyatt continues to have crappy boring Portico products while Marriott gives you the good stuff even at a Courtyard!!! Well at least Hyatt investors are happy!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/hotelc...ioner/1764761/
I used the Asprey Purple Water stuff at the Chatwal and was very impressed.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:12 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I used the Asprey Purple Water stuff at the Chatwal and was very impressed.
That is excellent stuff indeed. Most impressive. ^

Now remind me how many of the other 1100 odd Starwood properties offer it?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by AJLondon
That is excellent stuff indeed. Most impressive. ^

Now remind me how many of the other 1100 odd Starwood properties offer it?
Ask your Ambassador to have it placed in all your rooms
Old Dec 25, 2012, 5:10 am

At the Hyatt Regency Aruba now and they have Portico in the rooms, but eucalyptus smell.

It is horrific. So strong, so bad. I've never seen eucalyptus smell in Portico and glad about that.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:17 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
New Toiletries today

at the Olive 8 (Seattle). Walked into the room tonight and noticed there are new toiletries - KenetMD brand.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:49 pm

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach this weekend and they had the new Kenet MD products.

Has a light citrus scent.

The shampoo doesn't really lather up all that much, and the soap disintegrates pretty quickly.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
KenetMD at HR Santa Clara upon checking in tonight. I'll have to see how it is tomorrow morning.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:02 pm

Staying at the GH Seattle and they still have Portico.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:15 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Finally seeing the KenetMD spread. It smells much better than White Ginger. That said, the product performance is underwhelming. I looked at the ingredients and it's as basic as they get. Instead of the super drying shampoo of White Ginger, the new shampoo can't seem to wash out hair gel and texturizing putty very well. Also, Hyatt seems to have reduced the size of these products. Liquids are 1oz and soaps are also smaller. Overall better than Portico White Ginger but still much inferior than Hilton family of products.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by mr27
Staying at the GH Seattle and they still have Portico.
Stayed here this past weekend and they had both in my room. The June Jacobs shampoo and conditioner while having the portico lotion and body wash.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:45 am

Got the Kennet MD products at HR Santa Clara and HR SFO last week.

I like the new stuff, especially the lotion. Didn't have any issues with the shampoo. The new stuff is not at all offensive like White Ginger was to most of us. Didn't really notice any size issues either. There was plenty of soap, shampoo and conditioner. Different soap in the bath vs at the sink.

-David
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It looks like hotel supplier Gilchrist & Soames has licensed the KenetMD brand for distribution at Hyatt Hotels.

I'm pleased to see no parabens or phthalates on the package, but wonder about the quality control seeing made in Mexico?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
I noticed the new KenetMD products yesterday as well. They didn't have a shower gel available as a substitute like they did with Portico - has anyone seen shower gel available in lieu of bath soap?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:47 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
It looks like hotel supplier Gilchrist & Soames has licensed the KenetMD brand for distribution at Hyatt Hotels.

I'm pleased to see no parabens or phthalates on the package, but wonder about the quality control seeing made in Mexico?
Unfortunately, when hotel suppliers license brands to put on amenities not necessarily developed by those brands, you never really know what you are going to get.

I remember a couple years ago there were a lot of complaints about the Four Points' made-in-China Caswell Massey toiletries that were nothing like the "real" thing.

But I'll reserve my judgment about KenetMD until I actually get a chance to try the products, of course!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
It's notable that the KenetMD bath soap is physically identical to the Portico one -- same bumpy shape.

I won't be taking these products home with me, but I won't curse the trips where I forget to bring along an alternative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.