Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bath&Shower Toiletries: Goodbye Portico "White Ginger" / hello to KenetMD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:11 pm
pdb
Original Poster

FWIW, I was at the GH NY, earlier this week, and aside from positive reactions to the $30MM renovation--especially the new Grand Club with terrace--I was happy to see that the Portico "White Ginger" bath and shower toiletries had been replaced by June Jacobs "Green Tea" products.

I was not sure if this was just the GH NY, or if maybe this was something new throughout Hyatt USA. Today, however, I was invited to participate in a survey dealing specifically with those new toiletries, so I assume that Hyatt may be considering a change, in which case, hurray! (I certainly don't select hotels based upon toiletries, but that White Ginger was really beginning to get annoying. From time to time, there might be another fragrance or product available, but that was rare.)

In any event, if anyone has come across new bath & shower products at Hyatt properties in the USA, feel free to chime in.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Hyatt. We hope you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We would like to request your feedback in this brief online survey. While we realize you may already have been asked to complete a survey regarding this stay, but the questions in the survey below are focused on bathroom amenities and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete.

Follow this link to the Survey:
Take the Survey

or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
http://hyatt.us2.qualtrics.com/WRQua...WJdiWVpsos&_=1

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Hyatt Customer Research
71 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606
www.hyatt.com

Last edited by pdb; Nov 17, 2011 at 5:57 pm Reason: Added Email text
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:20 pm

About time.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Exciting news indeed, although when I saw the subject line I assumed Hyatt Place and I see now that I assumed incorrectly...

Oh well, here's hoping the new replaces the old at HPs.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:36 pm

White Ginger replacement was announced during the milepoint chat (see the dedicated thread).

Though I don't believe anybody has said what the replacement is. Just the timeframe is mid 2012, I believe. (for the rollout.)

-David
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:12 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pdb
FWIW, I was at the GH NY, earlier this week, and aside from positive reactions to the $30MM renovation--especially the new Grand Club with terrace--I was happy to see that the Portico "White Ginger" bath and shower toiletries had been replaced by June Jacobs "Green Tea" products.
I love both the new Grand Club with terrace and those nice June Jacobs products. They should have replaced those horrible "White Ginger" products long, long time ago.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:48 am

Programs: Various
The replacement at some properties is KenetMD.

Much better neutral smell, though somewhat like Neutrogenia or Peter Tomas Roth. The products seem to clean better, and don't leave hair/skin feeling dry. The Body Wash kind of leaves too much moisture behind; dare I say greasy feel?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Robt760
The replacement at some properties is KenetMD.

Much better neutral smell, though somewhat like Neutrogenia or Peter Tomas Roth. The products seem to clean better, and don't leave hair/skin feeling dry. The Body Wash kind of leaves too much moisture behind; dare I say greasy feel?
I got a survey about the KentMD stuff today. I gave them props for all the cool items in the room (pillow spray, bath salts, foot lotion, touchpoint oil, etc.) but some of it is made in China and it's all distributed by Gilchrest & Soames who handle bathroom amenities for a gazillion hotels. So nothing exclusive like SPG's Bliss or say Molton Brown or Korres.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 3:49 am
pdb
Original Poster

Some of the survey questions...

If I remember correctly, aside from importance of toiletries in hotel selection and level of satisfaction with the new items, the survey asked if environmental concerns were important in preference of toiletries, and whether "Made in USA" was important. In addition there were questions about the size of items provided and whether there was a preference for soap vs. liquid body wash.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:30 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I believe that they are still testing out the alternatives before declaring a chain standard.

It could be that they will be differentiating between "brands" PH, Andaz, GH, HR, HP, HP/hh.

This could explain the June Jacobs at the GH NY - the same brand was in the GH HKG last month.

There has been reports of KentMD around - at HR New Orleans and I believe at 48Lex.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by peteropny
There has been reports of KentMD around - at HR New Orleans and I believe at 48Lex.
I had KentMD at HR New Orleans and Warren Tricomi at 48Lex. The amount of items was much greater at HR New Orleans.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I'd like to see it replaced with the Molton Brown that I received at the Grand Hyatt Shanghai.. ^
Old Nov 18, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I'd like to see it replaced with the Molton Brown that I received at the Grand Hyatt Shanghai.. ^
Molton Brown very good products

Had them when stayed at the Goring hotel in london.....
Old Nov 18, 2011, 5:51 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I'd love to see that too - but I'm sure is too expensive for HP / SS(hh) / even HR.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I also broached it in a question to Jeff Zindall at the MegaDo, asking who was responsible for the original decision to go with White Ginger...to much chuckling from those few true Hyatt patrons in the room...and in answering we were told a change was in the wind.

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
White Ginger replacement was announced during the milepoint chat (see the dedicated thread).

Though I don't believe anybody has said what the replacement is. Just the timeframe is mid 2012, I believe. (for the rollout.)

-David
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I would rather wash my hair with mustard than use Portico again . It is truly the one thing I hate about staying at Hyatt properties. I'll be at the GH NY next week so I'm looking forward to seeing the renovations and trying the new toiletries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.