Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

250 (HP/SS) / 500 (FS) Point bonus if Diamond Amenity Does Not Post Automatically

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

250 (HP/SS) / 500 (FS) Point bonus if Diamond Amenity Does Not Post Automatically

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Called yesterday to get 3 post 10/21 stays to post the 1W points.

The rep said "new" way to look up the missing points...took less than 20 seconds!!!! ^

PS-got the bonus points too!
Old Nov 6, 2011, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
+1

Or Private Message to GP Concierge.
Who then links your FT handle with your GP account. No thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2011, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are we going to get bonus points when:

1. Stay doesn't post at all?
2. Posts as points even when airline miles are chosen?
3. Posts as airline miles but the amenity is missing?
4. Club lounge closed bonus doesn't post?
5. Bed type guarantee doesn't post?
6. Property posts incorrect revenue amount?
7. Website doesn't work?
8. Diamond "representative" doesn't know that you are eligible for Diamond amenity even when miles are chosen?

Last edited by holtju2; Nov 6, 2011 at 4:04 am
Old Nov 6, 2011, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
Who then links your FT handle with your GP account. No thanks!
I don't have any problem with that. I'm not gaming the system.

-David
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't have any problem with that. I'm not gaming the system.
Gaming the system? There is nothing to "game" with the Hyatt to my knowledge. Can you please clarify? I rather have my privacy.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:04 am

Gaming the system? There is nothing to "game" with Hyatt. I rather have my privacy.
Then you know to use the web form, don't you? You could have just posted that to begin with in a positive way rather than another negative post.

Have a nice day.

-David
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then you know to use the web form, don't you? You could have just posted that to begin with in a positive way rather than another negative post.
Darling. I have had more than 700 Hyatt stays over the years. I do know how to contact the customer service the most efficient way to correct point postings and it ain't the web form.

Customer service has never been Hyatt's strong point. Even less when the Diamond desk was dismantled and the "cross trained" reservation agents are trying to deal with GP issues.

I just wanted to point out that it is not necessarily beneficial for folks to have their GP # and FT handle linked.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:06 am

I just wanted to point out that it is not necessarily beneficial for folks to have their GP # and FT handle linked.
I understand the concerns for privacy. I thought about this at one point too but I didn't see much difference between them having my email address or my FT name. Maybe you thought of something I missed? Would you mind sharing?
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
It apparently isn't a policy, or at least one that is consistently applied. I was missing a Diamond Amenity bonus, sent an e-mail, and got just the 1,000 points.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
It apparently isn't a policy, or at least one that is consistently applied. I was missing a Diamond Amenity bonus, sent an e-mail, and got just the 1,000 points.
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear Flyertalkers,

On November 2nd we noted a clarification that we are making adjustments for check outs October 14th and beyond, we apologize for the miscommunication adjustments will be done for check outs October 17th and beyond. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Safe Travel,

Brock S.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear Flyertalkers,

On November 2nd we noted a clarification that we are making adjustments for check outs October 14th and beyond, we apologize for the miscommunication adjustments will be done for check outs October 17th and beyond. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Safe Travel,

Brock S.
My checkout was on November 2nd and the 1000 points (but not 500 additional) were manually posted today after my inquiry. So not all of their agents are aware of this policy. I'll PM Brock the details so he can add 500 points to my account.

Last edited by JIMCHI; Nov 6, 2011 at 9:41 pm
Old Nov 6, 2011, 11:58 pm

That, by itself, is a reasonable thing to say. Why couldn't you just leave it at that?

And yeah, we do know who you are already. You don't have to keep reminding us.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Nov 7, 2011 at 12:06 am
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold
Just called in to get the 1000 points posted from my latest stay. Gave me 1500 instead of 1000, I guess it's true! Go figure before this I've never had a problem with them posted automatically, but it's all good! ^
Old Nov 7, 2011, 11:02 am

I have some manually posted diamond points after 10/14, will the extra 50% be posted automatically, or do I have to call?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by untamed
I have some manually posted diamond points after 10/14, will the extra 50% be posted automatically, or do I have to call?
You probably have to ask. (PM or email or call.)

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.