Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Points being calculated incorrectly. Check your folios.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:02 am
Original Poster

I recently had 3 stays from 3 different Hyatts and after reviewing my account, I realized ALL 3 posted less points that I earned. I calculated Base Room Rate Paid (WITHOUT Taxes or anything else) x 5 + 30% for all 3 stays. Over 3 stays totalling around $3500, I was shorted just shy of 1900 points. I know that is not earth shattering but it is a fair amount, and since I earned them, I want them. I called GP and the rep was less than pleasant about and acted like I was bothering him with an idiotic trifling matter, commenting several times that he was just going to adjust the points because he didn't care about a few dollars or a few points.

At any rate, the shortage was anywhere from 90 some odd points at one hotel, to over 1000 at another. Just a note to go through your folios (if you can get ANY of them to load, which I cannot), or your email confirmations with the room rates, and take your room rates and multiply them by your 5 points and add your applicable bonuses and see if they match your account (adjusting for any amenities of course).

This makes me wonder if I have been getting shorted on previous stays and just never checked close enough.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 2:15 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
I am very frequently shortchanged on points. For one stay, I recently e-mailed in my folios for points adjustment, per the request of a GP phone rep, and after a few days received an e-mail back saying that the shortfall had been corrected. Lo and behold, the points were still short, even after the adjustment.

And these are base points for the base room rate -- nothing even remotely controversial about "eligible" revenue. As in, just multiply one number by five! I decided to give up, as it is just not worth the headache.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
I also got shortchanged on a dozen or so recent stays, and posted about it here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16637611-post156.html

Ended up getting most of the points restored except for a few that required folios (that I didn't have).
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
just checked all of mine. Looked about right.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:31 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I had a posting last night (from GH SF - which had the Opera outage at checkout time) that only credited points for 1 night when I stayed for 3.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I checked a few and I guess I had missed that I was not given the Diamond amenity at O'Hare. Also, do we add food paid on the folio to the total? In that case, Crystal City also shortchanged me. They have be something in between the number without the food and the one with the food.

PS: Going down the list, quite a few are mis-computed. Also found a breakfast that was not taken off the bill.

Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; Jul 29, 2011 at 8:34 am
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, 3 Million Miler, Hyatt GP Diamond
I just checked my last two stays at the GH Tokyo. Both are about 20% lower than they should be. I have written to GP to see if they will fix it.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:31 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Also, do we add food paid on the folio to the total? In that case, Crystal City also shortchanged me. They have be something in between the number without the food and the one with the food.
In most cases if the restaurant is actually operated by the hotel property itself - yes you earn points. No if it is "leased out" - like the Ruth Chris at GH SEA.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I find some hotels really short you on the points regularly, like the GH BKK. The agents will try to convince you it was figured on the pretax rate and such, but it's usually BS.

In the US, I'd say I have to call in for points on my HP stays. Internationally, many locations just don't get it right. Constant offender: GH BKK. On a 7 day stay at the GH DPS, they only credit points for food, and not the stay, or 5k bonuses! The phone agent fixed it up quick, though.

Some places just seem to have their act together. The Bali Hyatt not only processed the Hyatt/Costco certs easily, but all the points posted properly.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:47 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello!

Please note if you ever see any incorrect postings, you are more than welcome to PM us the details. We are always happy to assist.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I find some hotels really short you on the points regularly, like the GH BKK. The agents will try to convince you it was figured on the pretax rate and such, but it's usually BS.
Are we supposed to get points on tax? I always thought it was just the actual rate.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by kenbo
Are we supposed to get points on tax? I always thought it was just the actual rate.
No, no points on taxes. However, when you point out that you didn't get enough points (say 3500 baht per night before tax, which is about $117), and they give you points for a $85 stay, they usually try to brush it off.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
It seems like mine post correctly in the U.S. (except for HP welcome bonuses that are 50/50 correct). The international points are NEVER posted in the amounts that seem correct. I surmised that it's some faux currency conversion rate that they use. I can say with a high degree of confidence that they don't use the conversion rates on the website. I've never challenged the international postings because of the trouble of factoring in the proper conversion rates. The usual shortcoming on the int'l GP points posting is in the 10-20% range.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: SWA CP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Amb.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention... found about 10k worth of missing points and only went back 2 months in time. From my PL:

Good Morning - thank you for your email. I just wanted to let you know that I spent a great deal of time on the phone with the hotel this morning trying to figure out why your postings are so far off. I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Unfortunately when I go over your account (I usually do this monthly) - I don't have access to your folio - and I just check to make sure your stay was posted and you received your bonuses.

Please bear with me as we attempt to resolve this situation - they are going to completely review your stays beginning back in January. As soon as I hear back from my contact at the hotel - I will let you know.

I do know that your parking charges are not eligible as it is not a Hyatt owned garage.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond
I have noticed that I am short like 10 base points on some stays, and then have extra on others. I think overall i come out a few points ahead. However, it just annoys me that Hyatt computers can't multiply correctly.

This has happened to me ~ 6 months ago, when all of my points & bonuses were posting exactly 20% lower, regardless of property. That got taken care of manually.

Even though Hyatt customer service is great, I have to call in get get stays to post correctly (either points or the bill like taking off internet or breakfast charges) like 30% of the time. That is just really annoying and a huge waste of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.