Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Points being calculated incorrectly. Check your folios.

Points being calculated incorrectly. Check your folios.

Old Dec 25, 11, 7:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
Just had another one horribly mangled and under-calculated, after we were told it was fixed.

Dear Hyatt Forum: I never thought I would write one of these letters, but....
Old Dec 27, 11, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by seaduck79 View Post
Just had another one horribly mangled and under-calculated, after we were told it was fixed.

Dear Hyatt Forum: I never thought I would write one of these letters, but....
can i earn points for resort fee?
Old Dec 27, 11, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Unsolicited adjustment of points

We stayed in London at the Churchill this summer on a combination of points for one room and paid on another. Awarded points afterwards seemed lower than my calculations almost as if they were based on the pounds not the dollars. I called and they adjusted it upwards.

Then earlier this month (December) I got an email saying they had found an error in the calculations and gave us another 800+ points. Seemed computer generated. Someone or something must be auditing these as I haven't had any stays since the summer. Anyone else get a correction unsolicited?
Old Dec 27, 11, 7:15 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by RDUflyer2 View Post
Then earlier this month (December) I got an email saying they had found an error in the calculations and gave us another 800+ points. Seemed computer generated. Someone or something must be auditing these as I haven't had any stays since the summer. Anyone else get a correction unsolicited?
Yes - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ng-points.html
Old Dec 28, 11, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
"The Big Fix" was great. However, it puzzles me why they would have gone to the effort to fix everything going backward if they hadn't already fixed it going forward, which they apparently haven't. Now they will have to do another effort if and when they do actually address the core problem.

Since this did, at one point, work, one would be led to believe that there is or was at least one someone in IT at Hyatt who can create and test a relatively simple arithmetic equation, and another someone who can translate that into a SQL statement. Why is that person's ability not being applied there?

Search this Thread