Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Points being calculated incorrectly. Check your folios.

Points being calculated incorrectly. Check your folios.

Old Aug 30, 11, 1:21 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
I had a stay last year, a $52 mattress run, it posted as:

200 pts base + 60 pts diamond bonus for a total of 260. Seemed odd because it should have been 260 base + bonus.

It could be strange coincidence but it makes me think there are humans involved somewhere and not just computers.
Old Aug 31, 11, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge View Post

Please note if you ever see any incorrect postings, you are more than welcome to PM us the details. We are always happy to assist.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Confirming that I too am frequently shortchanged. The amount is never enough (10 to 50 bucks) to exceed my personal threshold for committing time to pursue the issue. Plus, I get the 1W and 30% so it is more than covered by the Diamond benefits.

I often play a quick guessing game to see how far off it will be:
1) log into my GP page;
2) look at a stay's base amount and divide by 5; and
3) click on the folio link to see instantly what answer is.

Here are my latest 3 stays from August:

Westlake, Calif. - Base Points posted 666 (should be 715 for $143)
Austin, Tex. - Base Points posted 2045 (should be 2085 for $417)
Princeton, NJ - Base Points posted 546 (should be 575 for $115)

Not worth pursuing the 118 points but the underlying mathematics that produce the result are curious.
Old Nov 14, 11, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Just got back from SEA...had two stays. 1 posted right, and the other of course, shorted me about 60 gp points. This is really tiresome. I am now positive that some stays from last year were likely shorted but too far back to check.
Old Nov 15, 11, 5:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
My stays every week. $103 per night for 3 nights. I should get 1545 but they always post 1525.
Old Nov 15, 11, 8:01 pm

I never calculated the points, alway believe they are posted without problem.
Old Dec 8, 11, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Just finished 2 stays in Seattle and 4 in Europe.

First Seattle stay shorted me about 50 points. Second stay posted correctly.
In Europe...
1st stay: correct
2nd stay: shorted me about 50 points
3rd stay: shorted me about 240 points
4th stay: has not posted correctly..is showing like 50 points instead of several thousand.

This is REALLY getting tiresome. How hard is it to make the computer software read: Rate paid without tax X 6.5 = points posted?

Now I get to make yet another phone call like last time I went through this, and have some agent get testy and argue with me about calculations and currency exchanges and finally just tell me that they are posting the points since they are so measly they are not worth arguing over.

Last edited by antonius66; Dec 8, 11 at 6:46 am
Old Dec 8, 11, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
I am now on my THIRD calculation on the same bill. Is basic arithmetic not a job requirement of GP customer service reps? Do they not understand how read one of their own statements and to multiply by FIVE?

And mine weren't just a few points short. The number should be around 3800. The first time, they gave me about 1100, the second 2675. I am flabbergasted by the idiocy in play here. Even if the computer is doing it wrong, how hard is to do basic arithmetic and get it right?

WHY IS HYATT NOT FIXING THIS ASAP?
Old Dec 8, 11, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by seaduck79 View Post
I am now on my THIRD calculation on the same bill. Is basic arithmetic not a job requirement of GP customer service reps? Do they not understand how read one of their own statements and to multiply by FIVE?

And mine weren't just a few points short. The number should be around 3800. The first time, they gave me about 1100, the second 2675. I am flabbergasted by the idiocy in play here. Even if the computer is doing it wrong, how hard is to do basic arithmetic and get it right?

WHY IS HYATT NOT FIXING THIS ASAP?

Why the rant? See post #26, send an email.
Old Dec 9, 11, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
I recently stayed 2 nights at $192 (total, not each night), and they credited me with 130 points. I emailed, and they "corrected" it to 500.
Old Dec 9, 11, 4:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
Originally Posted by canyonleo View Post
Why the rant? See post #26, send an email.
PMd the Hyatt guy, who responded, but didn't really answer the question of why it's happening or what Hyatt intends to do with it. I asked him to clue us in.
Old Dec 21, 11, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I just had two stays post and both had incorrect base points - one was too much and another too little. I thought they had fixed this problem.
Old Dec 21, 11, 5:00 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
maybe we need to do this the way they handle diamond amenity points, mess it up and we get more.
Old Dec 23, 11, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
I have also been very confused at how the base points are calculated. Some are very straightforward, base rate X 5. Others are not, like when I have restaurant or room service charges on the folio. I can only figure that Hyatt may have some way to not include alcohol charges when calculating base points. Also, any tips would not be included.

Either way, I still have not received a complete and comprehensive answer to how these are calculated and exactly what is and what is not an eligible charge.

Last edited by soonerfanatic; Dec 23, 11 at 1:58 pm Reason: addition
Old Dec 23, 11, 2:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Also want to add that it appears GP will include packages in the base rate calculation. IE. book a "shopping" package for $189 that includes a $50 gift card and the base points calculation will use the $189 amount.

Not positive on this however, as it seems to be inconsistently applied.
Old Dec 23, 11, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I only check to see if the Welcome Amenity Bonus gets added. It's too stressful to verify all other points. Can't they use the same system that other chains use?

Search this Thread