Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Maldives - Park Hyatt Effective 4/1/11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maldives - Park Hyatt Effective 4/1/11

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I don't think this necessarily means there will be a new category either. Obviously it may be considered a suite only property requiring the additional points, but I don't think there has to be a new category for this to make sense. This property and the new PH in NYC will be very expensive no doubt, but there are already some very expensive European Park Hyatts.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Why would you make an assumption like that here?

-David
I didn't assume anything. I said they might be considering creating a new level. I certainly hope not, but I don't think its an outrageous thought.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Very nice. But looking at the price list for the resort activities I'd better start saving some $$$ :-(

http://www.alilahotels.com/sites/def...%20Hadahaa.pdf
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
I didn't assume anything. I said they might be considering creating a new level. I certainly hope not, but I don't think its an outrageous thought.
Even with an award travel stay one would be hard pressed to keep the average daily expenditures below $500 with the transfers, food costs, spa and excursions. I spent nearly double that on my last award stay in the Maldives. I am hoping this realization would help Hyatt decide not to discourage award travel there by hiking up the point requirements.
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
...Hey, I'm going to use a raftload of points to stay for a week , but really can't see anyone from the US heading here for two nights....
Having only a two night visit to the Maldives from anywhere would be unthinkable given the incredible beauty of the place.

Looking at the tripadvisor reviews of this resort it appears the coral reef life around the resort is amazing even as compared with the Maldives norm: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...e.html#REVIEWS
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Another resort option in the Hyatt portfolio, great.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: A few
This is phenomenal news. I stayed at this property last year with my wife on a 10th anniversary "second honeymoon" and it was without doubt the best vacation we ever had. It is a long trek to get there. As mentioned from Male you need to take an internal puddle jumper (well hey they are beautiful puddles you are jumping!) and then an hour or more boat transfer (depends on the weather - if seas are rough more like 1.5 to 2 hours). But once you get there it's amazing. It is the first resort in this Atoll and therefore the area is completely undeveloped. We went diving every day and the coral reefs are in incredible pristine and untouched condition. Many days the sites were as new to the crew as they were to us as they were still learning the undiscovered areas. Between dives we would be dropped off at unihabited islands to eat our snacks and the crew would climb trees to get us fresh coconuts to drink. Truly out of this world.

We are already set to go back to Maldives this year and were not going to stay here because we had kids and weren't sure if this was as good with kids, but I will email the GM (wonder if they will keep on same management?) and see what can be done. Ability to use free nights I have banked, plus points, plus ability to accrue poitns on local spend make it far more tempting

This makes me very happy and whether or not we do go this year for sure we will go back to this magical place
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by texmanufan
Looking at the tripadvisor reviews of this resort it appears the coral reef life around the resort is amazing even as compared with the Maldives norm: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...e.html#REVIEWS
My review is posted there under CarolinaToTheWorld.

The diving is incredible. Even the house reef which circles the main island and is easily accessible to snorkler or dive is out of this world.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
There is no basis for that thought. There are plenty of far more accessible properties that go for >$500/nt and Hilton and IC hotels in French Polynesia and Maldives manage to fit within existing point structures (SPG on the other hand is full of ... but that's another story)

Even with affordability on points the cost and time required to get there is a limiting factor at least for north americans.

On the other hand.... who knows
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:30 pm

To put some numbers into context.... I just checked on mint.com and last year we spent $6748 in expenses at the hotel over a 10 stay period. This was for two of us and included lunch, cocktails, dinner every day along with 18 dives, taking our advanced PADI open water and nitrox certifications.

The accomodation was $8173 booked via Agoda.com and we stayed in an Island Villa with Pool.

Somewhat crying at the near 100k of HGP we will never see

Last edited by ma91pmh; Mar 21, 2011 at 4:37 pm
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Great news!

Cheapest price I can find is 780 USD about 550 Euro, same price as PH Paris for example which is a category 6 so I do not expect them to come up with a new category just for this. Furthermore, you will have to fork out lunch, dinner & drinks but breakfast will also be comped for diamonds so subtract $100 or so for 2 persons.

But imagine spending those FFNs at this place!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Bookable under faster free nights?

Any chance this property would be able to be booked under a "Faster Free Nights" type promotion where 2 stays at a Hyatt Place equals 1 night at any Hyatt? Thoughts?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Likely not, unless another major economic crisis hits, so the place won't be full of cheapo freeloaders.
Originally Posted by stinger101
Any chance this property would be able to be booked under a "Faster Free Nights" type promotion where 2 stays at a Hyatt Place equals 1 night at any Hyatt? Thoughts?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Richey66
Likely not, unless another major economic crisis hits, so the place won't be full of cheapo freeloaders.
So by "cheapo freeloaders" you mean most of the people here on FlyerTalk who are looking for great deals.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
There is no basis for that thought. There are plenty of far more accessible properties that go for >$500/nt and Hilton and IC hotels in French Polynesia and Maldives manage to fit within existing point structures
exactly. Thank you.

why put out that thought about a new category? For one thing it's complete and utter speculation.

If they decide to do that, let them do it themselves. They don't need any help. And it certainly doesn't seem to further that posters goal of maximizing the value of one's points.

-David
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:25 am

This is really exciting. I have canceled some future award stays in anticipation of this property opening up.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by stinger101
So by "cheapo freeloaders" you mean most of the people here on FlyerTalk who are looking for great deals.
Maybe not most, but clearly some.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.