FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maldives - Park Hyatt Effective 4/1/11
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:51 pm
ma91pmh

Programs: A few
This is phenomenal news. I stayed at this property last year with my wife on a 10th anniversary "second honeymoon" and it was without doubt the best vacation we ever had. It is a long trek to get there. As mentioned from Male you need to take an internal puddle jumper (well hey they are beautiful puddles you are jumping!) and then an hour or more boat transfer (depends on the weather - if seas are rough more like 1.5 to 2 hours). But once you get there it's amazing. It is the first resort in this Atoll and therefore the area is completely undeveloped. We went diving every day and the coral reefs are in incredible pristine and untouched condition. Many days the sites were as new to the crew as they were to us as they were still learning the undiscovered areas. Between dives we would be dropped off at unihabited islands to eat our snacks and the crew would climb trees to get us fresh coconuts to drink. Truly out of this world.

We are already set to go back to Maldives this year and were not going to stay here because we had kids and weren't sure if this was as good with kids, but I will email the GM (wonder if they will keep on same management?) and see what can be done. Ability to use free nights I have banked, plus points, plus ability to accrue poitns on local spend make it far more tempting

This makes me very happy and whether or not we do go this year for sure we will go back to this magical place