Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond suite upgrade useage - applied before exp of 2/28 for future stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond suite upgrade useage - applied before exp of 2/28 for future stay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:32 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by HaryoS
1) Obtain the Courtesy Card (By invitation only).
2) To obtain no (1), I believed you must fulfill at least Hyatt Lifetime Diamond Member Criteria (i.e. spending 200,000 USD at Hyatt Properties).
Slight clarification here is in order. Courtesy Card is by invitation only (nominations by individual properties (possibly the GM?) and certain people at corporate to be reviewed and approved by corporate). There is no set criteria but my assumption is that its given to people who have a "high impact" on either individual properties or Hyatt as a whole. You do not have to be Lifetime Diamond to get Courtesy Card. Although, many (most?) can be.

Lifetime Diamond criteria is more "concrete" - it's 10 years as a Gold Passport member (at any level) AND 1,000,000 base points (equal to USD $200,000 spend) with Gold Passport.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:57 am

Can unused diamond suite upgrades be converted to points?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by doctor
Can unused diamond suite upgrades be converted to points?
no. unused suite upgrades simply go away.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: *G, KLM Plat, Avis PC, SPG Plt, Hyt Plt
Originally Posted by Explore
This is great news indeed, since I still have 4 certs in the bank.

I do have a remaining problem, which is that the hotels I pay for are not usually the ones where I care to burn a suite upgrade. The expensive hotels I use points for are the ones where I'd like an upgrade.

And at a number of properties, the suites on offer are in less than desirable locations. For me, view always trumps suite.

I think I need Courtesy Card status to overcome these handicaps. The Presidential Suite is usually in the best view location. At one time, mere Diamonds were not infrequently offered the Presidential without a cert.

I realize I'm spoiled. But, has anyone had luck recently in using a cert, or getting a cert-free suite upgrade on an award stay? As an infrequent or first-time guest, that is.
PH Zurich was gracious enough to upgrade us to a suite last June on a FFN stay. They even confirmed it in advance. Although they said they would pull the suite upgrade from my acct, its still there now.^
Old Dec 13, 2010, 11:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by jarusoba
This is indeed great news.

It would be even greater if we could start using the 4 certs for the next year once we have earned the Diamond status, without having to wait till March.@:-)
This is a great idea, that wont cost/harm Hyatt in any way.

Any lurkers to jump on?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
What is the furthest out one could book a reservation, and thus, use a Diamond suite upgrade? Is it 1 year?

Just trying to think ahead here for 2011-2012... I've used all my 2010 upgrades already but will get 4 more in March 2011, which would have an expiry of Feb 2012. So is the furthest out I could book Feb 2013? (having to book the travel in Feb 2012, not today), or possible to go to the end of 2013 somehow?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:06 am

You can usually book a stay 13 months out.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I called yesterday to try and use a cert for a stay in April 2011. Was told by not 1 but 2 different Diamond line CSRs that I could not do this - when talked to the second I explained that I was sure I could, and that it had been confirmed by Hyatt reps online (i.e. GP Concierge). Still could not get them to budge. As I was calling from overseas and didnt want to keep calling until I got a CSR who knew the rules, I hung up and PM'd GP Concierge.

Checked my PMs this morning (I am in Asia) and the upgrade is now confirmed (thanks Chrissie!).

So looks like there is still a training gap on this issue...
Old Jan 17, 2011, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by rwm818
I called yesterday to try and use a cert for a stay in April 2011. Was told by not 1 but 2 different Diamond line CSRs that I could not do this - when talked to the second I explained that I was sure I could, and that it had been confirmed by Hyatt reps online (i.e. GP Concierge). Still could not get them to budge. As I was calling from overseas and didnt want to keep calling until I got a CSR who knew the rules, I hung up and PM'd GP Concierge.

Checked my PMs this morning (I am in Asia) and the upgrade is now confirmed (thanks Chrissie!).

So looks like there is still a training gap on this issue...
Thanks for this update! I will go with this route when using up my last cert.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:23 pm
Suspended

I noticed the Gold Passport official Terms & Conditions reflect the new policy, so you can always point the CS agent there if you have any problems getting them to do an upgrade past March 1st. You can see the terms by going to goldpassport.com then clicking on "Complete Hyatt Gold Passport Program Terms and Conditions" and going to the section titled "Platinum and Diamond Membership" which says:

8. Diamond members will be issued four (4) suite upgrade awards, in their account, annually, defined as March 1st of the current year through the last day of February of the following year, Awards can be tracked through "My Promotional Awards" on goldpassport.com. Suite awards must be redeemed by the last day of February of current year, and may be applied to future reservations. In the event a Suite award is redeemed for stay dates beyond expiration date and reservation is cancelled after last day of February, the Suite award will be forfeited...

http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/hyatt/...conditions.jsp
Old Jan 17, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Just had two suite upgrades rejected as they were an Amex stay four pay three promo. I had to pay the going daily rate. I can recall getting upgrades previously on such deals, actually cannot recall a problem with bookings ever before.

Anyone knowledgeable with the rules know what's what?
Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:39 pm

i think it's one of advantages hyatt has over *wood.
and, confirmed suite upgrade in the next year round would definitely be useful in case i will spend vacation in the future
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by BKKROP
Just had two suite upgrades rejected as they were an Amex stay four pay three promo. I had to pay the going daily rate. I can recall getting upgrades previously on such deals, actually cannot recall a problem with bookings ever before.

Anyone knowledgeable with the rules know what's what?
Thanks
Gold Passport Concierge has posted that suite upgrades are not applicable with the AMEX promo - per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...31-2011-a.html
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by oc2005
I noticed the Gold Passport official Terms & Conditions reflect the new policy, so you can always point the CS agent there if you have any problems getting them to do an upgrade past March 1st. You can see the terms by going to goldpassport.com then clicking on "Complete Hyatt Gold Passport Program Terms and Conditions" and going to the section titled "Platinum and Diamond Membership" which says:

8. Diamond members will be issued four (4) suite upgrade awards, in their account, annually, defined as March 1st of the current year through the last day of February of the following year, Awards can be tracked through "My Promotional Awards" on goldpassport.com. Suite awards must be redeemed by the last day of February of current year, and may be applied to future reservations. In the event a Suite award is redeemed for stay dates beyond expiration date and reservation is cancelled after last day of February, the Suite award will be forfeited...

http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/hyatt/...conditions.jsp
Thanks for posting the link that we can reference in the future. Count me as another who has experienced the frustration of not being able to use the upgrades past 2/28 even when calling before the expiration. I knew I was right but what was I going to say, "I read it on it FT?" If it's a published part of goldpassport.com then the agents NEED to know this and not give us a hassle. Sent a PM to the GP team and expect they will professionally handle it.

EDIT - Brock had the issue fixed in less than 15 minutes. Thanks!!

Last edited by BBFD; Jan 19, 2011 at 1:23 pm Reason: Updated information
Old Jan 19, 2011, 4:25 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by HaryoS
1) Obtain the Courtesy Card (By invitation only).
2) To obtain no (1), I believed you must fulfill at least Hyatt Lifetime Diamond Member Criteria (i.e. spending 200,000 USD at Hyatt Properties).
Just to reiterate what peteropny replied (although not wishing to start an OT discussion): I do not know how much closer earning lifetime Diamond status will get you to a Courtesy Card, but I can tell you for a fact that it is not a requirement for an invitation.

Last edited by JonathanIT; Jan 19, 2011 at 5:21 pm Reason: clarification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.