Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:58 pm

Can I use one of my Diamond suite upgrades for a reservation not under my name (e.g. my wife who is also Diamond)?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 5:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by roland_wa
Can I use one of my Diamond suite upgrades for a reservation not under my name (e.g. my wife who is also Diamond)?
I would book under your name and checkout under her HGP # to give her credit. To be conservative when I did this with another Diamond, I let the hotel know and received approval prior to arrival. List her name second on the reservation to give her the ability to check in.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Hey guys, Hyatt newb here.

I'm hoping to take a stab at the Diamond challenge coinciding with a 3-night stay at the Grand Hyatt Kauai in July, 2014. I have Hilton Gold from the Prestige card, so I need to get a stay booked in the next 4 months. Since I already have 4 personal Chase cards, I was going to have my fiance apply for the Chase Hyatt CC in order to get the 2 free nights (as suites). She doesn't have any Chase cards yet. You may already see my dilemma, though. Hilton Gold is on my HHonors account, and the Kauai reservation is on my GP account. Any recommendations on how to pull this off?

I'm thinking about perhaps, having her apply for the Hilton Reserve, book a stay, and Diamond challenge herself. I could do it at the same time, and that way the Kauai stay would get the benefits of being Diamond. I could try for the Chase Hyatt card as well, and see if we could get 4 suite nights out of the deal.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:49 pm

I just tried to book a reservation for which I do not have enough points online, and it would not let me do so. I am diamond and was under the impression diamonds could do this if logged in? I thought I had done it before. Am I mistaken? I don't mind calling but want to be sure the policy has not changed so i don't embarrass myself.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I believe you must call in to book an award if you don't have enough points in your account. The reps will override the system if you're a diamond and make the reservation for you.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:50 pm

Thank you. Much appreciated.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by lkar
Thank you. Much appreciated.
You can also PM the concierge here on FT.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Going for diamond challenge

I'm currently a platinum Hyatt member and have a 7 night stay coming up that was booked on points 189000(regency club)

Since these nights don't count for challenge I wasn't think about doing challenge. Now that cash & points do count I have to take a serious look at it.

Since I would be diamond from challenge I would book regular room have have regency access from my diamond status.
7 nights
12.5k per nite 87.5 pts
150.00 per nite 1050.00 plus taxes

I have no other reservations booked for now so lets stay I do 5 nights at the closest Hyatt place
4000 per nite 20000
55 per nite 275 plus taxes

My total diamond challenge would cost about 1500.00 cash and 107.5 hyatt points.

Now with the new hyatt promo I would get additional 15k points for my 12 nights.So with the 82.5k saved by using c&p plus 15k promo I would save a total of 97.5k points and have diamond status for a cost of 1500.00 out of pocket.

I think it's a no brainer to go for it what do you guys think?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

It all depends on your future stay patern but I think it makes sense if money is not an issue. The value of saved points is approximately equal to the cash spend so that's a wash and you get the diamond status for another year
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:59 am

Problem Redeeming Points for Suite at Hyatt House

Last week I tried to make a reservation at a Hyatt House location in North Carolina. It's a category 1 and I attempted to book a 2 bedroom suite using 8000 points per night. The associate at Gold Passport Reservations said the system was not allowing them to make the reservation, even though it should, and that I should contact the hotel directly. The hotel (I spoke with a manager) says that they never allow award stays for rooms other than their most basic unit, a studio suite, for 5000 points. So here's my question... can an individual hotel refuse to participate in free night awards for suites? The Hyatt Gold Passport website clearly states that you can use 8000 points per night for a 2 bedroom suite at Hyatt House. There were 2 bedroom suites available, so it doesn't make any sense to me.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Is there a list anywhere of what hotels have the check in kiosks and which do not? Specifically thinking of Bay Area hotels.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Is there a list anywhere of what hotels have the check in kiosks and which do not? Specifically thinking of Bay Area hotels.
There isn't an overall list that I have seen.

Here's a quick list of ones I know that do:
HR SFO (right of desk)
GH SF (behind checkin desks to left)
HR SC (interleaved with checkin desks)

I dont recall seeing one at the HH Rivermark, HP San Jose, or HH San Jose.
I don't think Napa has one either. I thought Hyatt Regency Embarcadaro had a set, but my minds eye is failing me.

Perhaps others can fill those in.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
C&P

Feeling noobish again. I believe that one needs to call to book C&P nights but does that mean one has to call to check on availability too? I guess there just might not be availability but I have yet to see C&P as an option for any of the reservations that I am looking to make.

Cheers -
Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:39 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by thegrailer
Feeling noobish again. I believe that one needs to call to book C&P nights but does that mean one has to call to check on availability too? I guess there just might not be availability but I have yet to see C&P as an option for any of the reservations that I am looking to make.

Cheers -
Yes you have to call both for availability and booking.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by austin_modern
There isn't an overall list that I have seen.

Here's a quick list of ones I know that do:
HR SFO (right of desk)
GH SF (behind checkin desks to left)
HR SC (interleaved with checkin desks)

I dont recall seeing one at the HH Rivermark, HP San Jose, or HH San Jose.
I don't think Napa has one either. I thought Hyatt Regency Embarcadaro had a set, but my minds eye is failing me.

Perhaps others can fill those in.
HH San Jose definitely doesn't have them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.