Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
This may be a very stupid question.
Looking through the Hyatt FAQ's provided no info.

I'm assuming points stays don't credit?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by f0xx
I'm assuming points stays don't credit?
That's right.... but using points+cash does.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by RTW1
That's right.... but using points+cash does.
Perfect. ^
Just the answer I was looking for.
Appreciate it RTW1
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:19 pm

Hi,

I'm redeeming the 2 free nights you get from the Chase Hyatt card at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo. Does anyone know if I can upgrade to better rooms using points with these redemptions?

Thanks.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by RTW1
There really is not on the Hyatt site and most OTA's don't have that functionality as well.... the one exception I know of is Wotif.com, where it is sometimes offered.

However this might be useful: http://www.tokyohyattfan.com/all-hya...-range-search/
Thanks for that! ^
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:57 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by BillyFlyer
Hi,

I'm redeeming the 2 free nights you get from the Chase Hyatt card at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo. Does anyone know if I can upgrade to better rooms using points with these redemptions?

Thanks.
no - you cannot upgrade with points but you might be able to upgrade by paying a cash copay thats arranged directly with the property.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:06 am

Question about Regency Club

I stay in a Hyatt once a year. Last year I had a coupon/certificate that allowed me to pick one benefit from a list, and one of those was access to the club.

I'm wondering how it might be possible to get the coupon again, or gain access to the club in another way. I called the Hyatt reservations and asked what might be possible. They said the hotel is sold out so there are no more upgrades to the club available but that I might be able to pay $35 a day to gain access once I get there.

Just curious if there is a way to get this benefit without paying or a way to get that coupon. I have no status with Hyatt.

Failing that, is there a way to make sure I am able to get access by paying, before I actually check in? I've three other roomies that would be willing to split the fee, but I would like to know before I get there if I have access.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Contact the hotel directly and ask what club access will cost you.....
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:04 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by mera
I stay in a Hyatt once a year. Last year I had a coupon/certificate that allowed me to pick one benefit from a list, and one of those was access to the clubs.
That coupon was a Platinum Extras cert which was discontinued about a year ago.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
no - you cannot upgrade with points but you might be able to upgrade by paying a cash copay thats arranged directly with the property.
BillyFlyer, please let me know how it turns out as I'm hoping to do the same thing in October
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
That coupon was a Platinum Extras cert which was discontinued about a year ago.
Ah, thanks for that info. And thanks to RTW1. I will give them a call and see what they say. Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by op487062
BillyFlyer, please let me know how it turns out as I'm hoping to do the same thing in October
Unless you're both talking about the same hotel, his result will not be that informative.

Getting club lounge access for cash when not staying in a club room is completely dependent on the property.

At some properties it is almost always possible, while at other it is against hotel policy. You have to contact the hotel directly. And just because someone might be able to do it this month does not necessarily mean that someone else will be able to do it next month. Always contact the hotel with specific reference to your own reservation to be sure.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:43 am

I just signed up for the Hyatt card and was accepted! I never had a Gold Passport number before I signed up. Do I need to create a passport number via Hyatt's website separately and then link the two accounts? Or will I receive a passport number from Chase when I receive my card?
Thank you
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Use Hyatt Free Anniversary Nights for Category 5 Hotel?

Mrs. Middle_Seat and I each have qualified for a Hyatt Anniversary Award Night, and they both expire Oct. 31. According to the T&Cs, they are usable in Cat 1-4 hotels and evidently can't be used for anything else.

We plan to spend a couple of nights on Maui before that date, but the two Hyatts there are Cat 5 and Cat 6.

Are there any workarounds so we can gain some usage from these? I have 24K Hyatt points, but it's unclear if they can be thrown into the mix.

Thank you.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:40 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by joshwalt
I just signed up for the Hyatt card and was accepted! I never had a Gold Passport number before I signed up. Do I need to create a passport number via Hyatt's website separately and then link the two accounts? Or will I receive a passport number from Chase when I receive my card?
Thank you
You should receive a new account number from Hyatt sometime after enrollment of the new Hyatt Visa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.