Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The only time I used an estandby upgrade it worked as it's supposed to. When I don't accept one, it's available for me to see when I look at my reservation or click on the offer email.

But I suspect what happened is that the offer was available at the time you made the reservation and subsequently the hotel filled up and they realized they couldn't do any upgrades any longer. November is a big month for groups, and perhaps one reserved in those 3 days. I would think they are managing your expectations and letting you know that standby upgrades will not be available at that time.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
Hyatt Employee perks?

Hi there,

I'll be sharing a room at the GH Seattle with someone else who happens to be a Hyatt employee.

I'm just wondering whether we'll have a better shot at getting a double/double if we put his name on the reservation as a Hyatt employee or me as a lowly Platinum?

I'm just curious, what kind of perks do Hyatt employees get at GH's?

Cheers,
Old Aug 1, 2013, 1:46 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by madguy2
I'll be sharing a room at the GH Seattle with someone else who happens to be a Hyatt employee.
[...]
I'm just curious, what kind of perks do Hyatt employees get at GH's?
Have you asked your (Hyatt employee) travel companion that question?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:39 am

How do most club lounges monitor who comes into the room? You need key access, which you either pay for or get from booking a club level room or higher, but whats stopping 1 room from just passing their key along to their friends?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:58 am

Nothing really but most people don't play "pass the key." There is a hint of an honor system but if you were determined to defeat it, you certainly could (like many other things).
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by billycwhatup
Nothing really but most people don't play "pass the key." There is a hint of an honor system but if you were determined to defeat it, you certainly could (like many other things).
I was just curious if any of the hyatts monitored this more. Most dont pay any attention. I am going to the Hyatt regency cancun and I have read the lounges can get really crowded and wondered if maybe that was the reason.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I can tell you that in both Waikiki and Kauai they ask you to sign in.

For Waikiki I was told so they know how many people are using the club. They have an electronic terminal. Initially they asked the guests to use it, and the last time I was there, they signed in for me.

In Kauai they have a sign-up sheet for each of the morning and evening.

In both cases, I don't know if they're cross-referencing it with the access eligible guests. Both have key-card access, and they should be able to tell that way, but I suspect they DO check eligibility for each key card. Plus, you can let many people in with you when you open the door.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Hyatt prices

Considering moving some stays over to Hyatt but it seems like the prices tend to be higher than Marriott/Hiltons. Is this about par for the course or are there discounts out there that I can utilize to even the playing field price wise?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Red259
Considering moving some stays over to Hyatt but it seems like the prices tend to be higher than Marriott/Hiltons. Is this about par for the course or are there discounts out there that I can utilize to even the playing field price wise?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...corporate.html
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Booking with points for 2 adults and 2 children in one room in NYC

Our family of four are looking to stay at a Hyatt property in NYC this fall using points. Their standard room seems to be king or queen only and do not have two double beds that are bookable with points (can be booked with cash). Is two-bed room option available at all using points? Or can two-bed rooms be booked using points plus upgrade with either points or cash?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:10 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Namaste1
Our family of four are looking to stay at a Hyatt property in NYC this fall using points. Their standard room seems to be king or queen only and do not have two double beds that are bookable with points (can be booked with cash). Is two-bed room option available at all using points? Or can two-bed rooms be booked using points plus upgrade with either points or cash?
Answered your question at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21210313-post19.html .
Old Aug 9, 2013, 6:56 pm

Programs: Yes.
Probably a dumb question, but we used my wife's points (platinum member) to book a club room at the HRSF, but now I am a diamond member. What would be the best way to maximize my new status for our stay?
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:04 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by econjon
Probably a dumb question, but we used my wife's points (platinum member) to book a club room at the HRSF, but now I am a diamond member. What would be the best way to maximize my new status for our stay?
You definitely need to be listed as a guest on the reservation. Then the room will get full Diamond benefits.

Best bet is to book a new ordinary room (i.e. not a club room) using points, then cancel the existing reservation. Diamonds get club access anyway so there's no need to pay extra for it.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
You definitely need to be listed as a guest on the reservation. Then the room will get full Diamond benefits.

Best bet is to book a new ordinary room (i.e. not a club room) using points, then cancel the existing reservation. Diamonds get club access anyway so there's no need to pay extra for it.
Can I follow up on this -- suppose a member with no status makes me a reservation with points and I become diamond before my stay. Can I get diamond benefits? How?

Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes - you need to be on the reservation (either as the primary guest or additional guest) and provide your Diamond number.
Thanks!

Last edited by lkar; Aug 10, 2013 at 4:00 pm
Old Aug 10, 2013, 2:21 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by lkar
Can I follow up on this -- suppose a member with no status makes me a reservation with points and I become diamond before my stay. Can I get diamond benefits? How?
Yes - you need to be on the reservation (either as the primary guest or additional guest) and provide your Diamond number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.