Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
The amount of mistakes this year has hit an all time high with the Diamond line.I can imagine what non elites face
The same thing you face. Because there is no "Diamond Line" anymore.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by hailstorm
The same thing you face. Because there is no "Diamond Line" anymore.
You mean there is no guarantee of getting a "Diamond CSR"? There is a line just for Diamonds I think?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by canyonleo
You mean there is no guarantee of getting a "Diamond CSR"? There is a line just for Diamonds I think?
It connects you to the same people as the regular line does.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Yes, but it's a Diamond Line. Maybe it doesn't always get you a regular (poor, inexperienced, whatever negative connotations one implies) CSR, but do you know for certain it doesn't sometimes get you a better CSR? Maybe the hold time or priority routing is different? Maybe this phone number (Diamond Line) has some benefits over other 800 numbers, and thus there exists a Diamond Line, in contrast to what was posted in #1485?
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think the only difference is the priority in allocating a CSR when it's busy.... so no Diamond line (as there was in the past). The best Diamonds get a private agent.

And we all get the non-functioning website.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 3:48 pm

Hello,

i have an upcoming stay at the Hyatt Mainz and got a hyatt platinum extra certificate...

can somebody explain to me what the things mean:

1. complimentary food and beverage amenity (what does this mean)

2. 1000 bonus points for Dining (Lunch or Dinner)

What would you prefer ?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 (Bold): Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Both are equivalent to the Diamond amenity so it may be a good idea to go to the review thread for the hotel here on FT and see what the typical F&B amenity is. I've never stayed in this particular hotel but based on my experiences at other international Hyatts I'd guess that you could expect a fruit or cheese platter with a small bottle of wine. Whether this is better than 1000 points is up to you but I usually go with F&B abroad and points in the US.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by todorovic
Whether this is better than 1000 points is up to you but I usually go with F&B abroad and points in the US.
You don't really have much of a choice do you..... Just in the US, and I sometimes wonder if they could even produce the amenity since everybody takes the points.

But the amenity for your Platinum certificate will probably be a bottle of wine at best. And to get the bonus points you would need to have a meal at the hotel, lunch or dinner.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by victoriyad
Hello, I am planning to transfer 40000 chase ultimate rewards to Hyatt for my stay at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach. Since my Hyatt account balance is 0 I can't see availability. I would like to know if they have availability for my days of travel (1/31/13 to 2/3/13) before transfer, how can I do this. Thank you.
@victoriyad - I was in the same situation, so I emailed the hotel front desk, mentioned that I was transferring points, asked about availability, and whether they would hold a room until the points transferred. The dates I wanted were about two months out and they agreed to hold a room for three weeks. The points transferred in one week and I let the hotel know, at which point they deducted the points and confirmed my reservation.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by TheCount2
@victoriyad - I was in the same situation, so I emailed the hotel front desk, mentioned that I was transferring points, asked about availability, and whether they would hold a room until the points transferred. The dates I wanted were about two months out and they agreed to hold a room for three weeks. The points transferred in one week and I let the hotel know, at which point they deducted the points and confirmed my reservation.
The OP wanted to transfer the UR points from Chase - this transfer is instantaneous and you can do it while on the phone with a CS agent. I would suggest to anyone in this exact situation to call the GP line and check the availability with the agent. If there is a room (s)he can do the transfer of UR points right on the spot and be done with it.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP , Avis Presidents Club, Marriot Titanium
All I have a question. I newly Diamond this year. I booked a paid stay for today through Sunday on Nov 3rd. I called the diamond desk and confirmed a suite upgrade and it showed as redeemed on Hyatt.com When I arrived, they had me in a king room with view. When I questioned about my suite upgrade they said yes the upgrade was for an upgrade to the room with a view instead of a normal view. Does this sound right? Should I call the gold passport desk? I am annoyed because I booked a paid stay instead of points for the fun of a suite upgrade.

Last edited by BrassGuru; Dec 27, 2012 at 3:27 pm Reason: spelling.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:39 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by BrassGuru
All I have a question. I newly Diamond this year. I booked a paid stay for today through Sunday on Nov 3rd. I called the diamond desk and confirmed a suite upgrade and it showed as redeemed on Hyatt.com When I arrived, they had me in a king room with view. When I questioned about my suite upgrade they said yes the upgrade was for an upgrade to the room with a view instead of a normal view. Does this sound right? Should I call the gold passport desk? I am annoyed because I booked a paid stay instead of points for the fun of a suite upgrade.
Something smells fishy here
Suite upgrades aren't view upgrades in my understanding or one category upgrades
Perhaps it was an awful suite (oversized guest room that select properties will try to pass off as a suite)
or a property that has micro-managed their suite inventory to damage the credibility of the Diamond benefit as some properties have done without mentioning any names
What property?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP , Avis Presidents Club, Marriot Titanium
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. The Manager called someone and asked someone if the upgrade to a capitol view room was considered an upgrade. The tone on his voice changed tell me that we wasn't right, but when he got off the phone he confirmed that no suites were available and all they had was a view upgrade.

Last edited by BrassGuru; Dec 27, 2012 at 3:57 pm
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I would call Customer Service and tell them you didn't get a suite and would like your certificate put back in your account.

As a diamond, view upgrades are complimentary.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 5:35 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by BrassGuru
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. The Manager called someone and asked someone if the upgrade to a capitol view room was considered an upgrade. The tone on his voice changed tell me that we wasn't right, but when he got off the phone he confirmed that no suites were available and all they had was a view upgrade.
My suggestion is call and ask to speak with "Hyatt Consumer Affairs"
This should be handled so that there is a case on file and not just a return of the suite upgrade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.