Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by LeonardvonGrabe
short question, i booked some nights for the gh in Berlin and used one diamond suite upgrade.
can i add one night and hyatt will connect the reservation with my old one, so that i can stay in the suite or do i have to call them ?
Varies by property - so call the Gold Passport customer service line and ask them to do it for you. Better safe than sorry
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Does Hyatt ever do any discounts on rewards nights, like PC does pointbreaks or Hilton used to do point stretchers?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:14 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Does Hyatt ever do any discounts on rewards nights, like PC does pointbreaks or Hilton used to do point stretchers?
Regretfully not only does Hyatt not discount stays on award nights but they have discontinued some of the most popular incentives to build points
Notably the Iconic G Bonus.For some reason Hyatt has been focused on their credit card partner Chase and taken all eyes off of innovating or improving options for redemption.
Sadly in addition with little notice to the membership base quietly discontinued the Gold Passport Escape award that wasn’t that well utilized as they rarely promoted it or made it available so members could see and book it on the website. Folks in the know really liked the option and IMO further differentiated Hyatt in a unique way.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Regretfully not only does Hyatt not discount stays on award nights but they have discontinued some of the most popular incentives to build points
Notably the Iconic G Bonus.For some reason Hyatt has been focused on their credit card partner Chase and taken all eyes off of innovating or improving options for redemption.
Sadly in addition with little notice to the membership base quietly discontinued the Gold Passport Escape award that wasn’t that well utilized as they rarely promoted it or made it available so members could see and book it on the website. Folks in the know really liked the option and IMO further differentiated Hyatt in a unique way.
Maybe it was my imagination, since I can't find where I think I read it (an email or a notice here on FT or a notice on the website at sign-in?), but when they said they were discontinuing the Escape awards, didn't they say they would be introducing some new award options in the new year?

One award option I would love to see would be similar to Hilton's elite awards (GLONs or some other strange name), where GP elite members (diamonds at least and maybe plats as well) could redeem for fewer pts per night for multiple-night awards. Hilton's program starts discounting at 3 nights and the discount increases to a max of 25% for 6 nights or longer.

When I first used a GP award about 20 years ago, there was a 5- or 6-night award that required fewer number of pts per night than individual nights.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Too bad, thanks for the info.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Maybe it was my imagination, since I can't find where I think I read it (an email or a notice here on FT or a notice on the website at sign-in?), but when they said they were discontinuing the Escape awards, didn't they say they would be introducing some new award options in the new year?

One award option I would love to see would be similar to Hilton's elite awards (GLONs or some other strange name), where GP elite members (diamonds at least and maybe plats as well) could redeem for fewer pts per night for multiple-night awards. Hilton's program starts discounting at 3 nights and the discount increases to a max of 25% for 6 nights or longer.

When I first used a GP award about 20 years ago, there was a 5- or 6-night award that required fewer number of pts per night than individual nights.
I couldn't agree more Hyatt really needs to pay more attention to its redemption options
SPG,Hilton Priority Club and do I dare say even the lack luster Club Carlson and others excel over Gold Passport in this one area.
I do know for many years Hyatt is both aware of and considered Cash and Points and its been on the table of discussion more presently
However no news for certain at present as to what's in store for our GP future..........
Old Nov 19, 2012, 7:01 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by LeonardvonGrabe
short question, i booked some nights for the gh in Berlin and used one diamond suite upgrade.
can i add one night and hyatt will connect the reservation with my old one, so that i can stay in the suite or do i have to call them ?
Hi LeonardvonGrabe!

Feel free to PM your reservation details to us. We'll be happy to assist you with your reservation.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA GfL
I'm looking to book an award night for December in Philadelphia, and found availability at the Hyatt Regency. However, I am spooked by the T&C, which appears to be telling me that my award stay is non-cancelable and non-refundable. Really? Does Hyatt do this? I'm not sure I've ever seen an award booking that was not cancelable/refundable, at any hotel chain. I'm not 100% sure I'll be doing this trip, so I'm concerned about possibly wasting these points. But if I do make the trip, I would like to have this room--PHL is not blessed with an abundance of decent hotels (which may have something to do with why Hyatt is making it non-refundable/non-cancelable, of course).

I am Platinum, if that means anything. Is there some way to protect myself?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 3:10 pm

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by travelmad478
I'm looking to book an award night for December in Philadelphia, and found availability at the Hyatt Regency. However, I am spooked by the T&C, which appears to be telling me that my award stay is non-cancelable and non-refundable. Really?
I was surprised to read that, I've made and cancelled several award stays no problem, so thought maybe it was Philly-specific. I went onto HGP to do a dummy points booking and see what it said but then realised that, following my recent blow-out on a week-long PE award to the Maldives, I *have fewer than 5,000 points*.

Oh, the shame, the shame...

So, sorry I can't help on the specific, but on the general - award stays are certainly cancellable and refundable, normally until 24hours before checkin
Old Nov 19, 2012, 6:06 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I'm looking to book an award night for December in Philadelphia, and found availability at the Hyatt Regency. However, I am spooked by the T&C, which appears to be telling me that my award stay is non-cancelable and non-refundable. Really? Does Hyatt do this? I'm not sure I've ever seen an award booking that was not cancelable/refundable, at any hotel chain. I'm not 100% sure I'll be doing this trip, so I'm concerned about possibly wasting these points. But if I do make the trip, I would like to have this room--PHL is not blessed with an abundance of decent hotels (which may have something to do with why Hyatt is making it non-refundable/non-cancelable, of course).

I've seen it very occasionally if there is a special event going on at the property - if you'd tell us the dates - perhaps we can help you further. But under normal circumstances, award reservations are definitely cancelable (usually by the afternoon before arrival).
Old Nov 19, 2012, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
I've seen it very occasionally if there is a special event going on at the property - if you'd tell us the dates - perhaps we can help you further. But under normal circumstances, award reservations are definitely cancelable (usually by the afternoon before arrival).
Thanks. I'm looking at December 8. I have no idea if there's an event going on that weekend. Maybe I will call Hyatt and try booking over the phone instead.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
Wink it happens

I've experienced this when trying to book an award stay in Boston for Dec 31st. I was told that as it was over New Year and a popular time it would be non-cancellable and non-refundable.
I decided to hold off on the booking until I was more sure of my plans
Old Nov 20, 2012, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by catsassy
I've experienced this when trying to book an award stay in Boston for Dec 31st. I was told that as it was over New Year and a popular time it would be non-cancellable and non-refundable.
I decided to hold off on the booking until I was more sure of my plans
Interesting--thanks. I think I will go ahead and book it. Mr. travelmad478 appears to be ready to commit to the date, so I'd better grab it before it disappears. Why oh why are there not more hotels in Philly???
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Interesting--thanks. I think I will go ahead and book it. Mr. travelmad478 appears to be ready to commit to the date, so I'd better grab it before it disappears. Why oh why are there not more hotels in Philly???
The terms for the Daily Rate (starting at $279) for HR at Penn's Landing for Dec 8 "non-refundable/full prepayment/no changes", so yes, something special must be happening that weekend.

The terms for the following Sat (Dec 15, starting at $179) are "cancel by 3 pm 24 hr prior to arrival".

I'm not sure that it is spelled out anywhere, but I believe awards are booked generally booked under the same terms as the Daily Rate.

However, if it is such a big event weekend, if you do have to cancel and award booking, I would contact the hotel directly; they might be happy to accommodate if they are likely to get a revenue booking at a a high rate.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
However, if it is such a big event weekend, if you do have to cancel and award booking, I would contact the hotel directly; they might be happy to accommodate if they are likely to get a revenue booking at a a high rate.
Thanks, that is a good thought. I've booked it now (pleasantly, there was a better choice of rooms available this morning than last night!) and hopefully I won't have to cancel. Now it's on to book our tickets for the Barnes Foundation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.