Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2010, 4:28 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Added Sixt - thanks NJ - a lot of these I actually know in the back of my head but didn't incorporate
Old Apr 16, 2010, 8:20 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
new Gx codes appeared with retrospective start dates

Some new Gx codes posted with Mar 1 start dates - any chance of getting these added retrospectively to stays in March ?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Some new Gx codes posted with Mar 1 start dates - any chance of getting these added retrospectively to stays in March ?
I would say yes - call it in. The previous listing was woefully incomplete - my usual MR property "always" has a G2 which wasn't listed before - my Private Line agent found it and added it.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 2:40 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by peteropny
I would say yes - call it in.
emailed in - posted -
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Are there capacity control on awards?

Hyatt, in April 2009, eliminated capacity control on awards so the new rules are if the basic entry level room is available for revenue bookings (excluding elite guaranteed availability bookings) they are available for award redemption. However, a property may declare “extraordinary demand” period and opt out (eg Park Hyatt Sydney for the period around New Year’s).
What are “Passport Plus” awards?

These are awards for elite members (Platinum & Diamonds) that “cost” an extra 60% in points when awards are not available at the base level for the property since all “entry level” rooms are sold out.
Excellent FAQ. HOPEFULLY NEW PEOPLE TO THIS FORUM READ IT AND DON'T ASK QUESTIONS THAT ARE ALREADY ANSWERED IN HERE!! ^

Just two things regarding the above:
1) I'm not so sure a property can declare "extraordinary demand" period for award nights on nights when standard rooms are being sold. They can declare "extraordinary demand" for Guaranteed Plat/Diamond (72hr/48hr in advance guarantee) rooms, but I'm not sure they can declare extraordinary demand for award rooms . They CAN require a minimum number of nights (for example if PH Sydney has a 5-night minimum during NYE, then that 5-night minimum would also occur if you wanted to book an award. So I THINK this is the way that this works, at least reading the T&Cs and also because this is exactly how SPG works as well.

2) As far as I know, there are no more "Passport Plus" awards. I believe those went away along with capacity controls on April 2, 2009.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
1) I'm not so sure a property can declare "extraordinary demand" period for award nights on nights when standard rooms are being sold. They can declare "extraordinary demand" for Guaranteed Plat/Diamond (72hr/48hr in advance guarantee) rooms, but I'm not sure they can declare extraordinary demand for award rooms . They CAN require a minimum number of nights (for example if PH Sydney has a 5-night minimum during NYE, then that 5-night minimum would also occur if you wanted to book an award. So I THINK this is the way that this works, at least reading the T&Cs and also because this is exactly how SPG works as well.
I'm not certain of this but have added that an "extended" min stay may be required.

2) As far as I know, there are no more "Passport Plus" awards. I believe those went away along with capacity controls on April 2, 2009.
Yes they still exist, I've seen them as recently as January.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Passport Plus still do exist -- they are in evidence at the Hyatt Montreal during the 7/4 weekend during Jazz Fest.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
I am a new Diamond member and I wanted to use some points for the Park Hyatt Paris from 22.-24.05.2010. The reservation agent told me that there is no availability against points but he could book me against cash

Doesn't have Hyatt the same booking guarantee as Hilton? As a Hilton Diamond I am always welcome to use my points. Not so with Hyatt?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

In the FAQs

Are there capacity control on awards?

Hyatt, in April 2009, eliminated capacity control on awards so the new rules are if the basic entry level room is available for revenue bookings (excluding elite guaranteed availability bookings) they are available for award redemption. However, a property may declare “extraordinary demand” period or require a large number of nights as a minimum stay and opt out (eg Park Hyatt Sydney for the period around New Year’s).
I'm guessing in your case the "base" room is not available.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:36 pm

Is it correct that every year the status reset and I have to earn the status back all over again?
Meaning every year I have to be statusless for 5 stay to be PLT, then 20 more PLT stay for Diamond.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Setven567
Is it correct that every year the status reset and I have to earn the status back all over again?
Meaning every year I have to be statusless for 5 stay to be PLT, then 20 more PLT stay for Diamond.
Not sure what you are asking but you qualify / requalify in one year for the following year plus the 2 months of the year after. For example, if you do completed the 25 stays in 2009 - you'll have the status for all of 2010 plus through Feb 2011. And then if you have 25 stays in 2010, your status will run through Feb 2012. So you should not have a gap in your status at anytime.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 1, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
At what ratio do Hyatt's points convert to KrisFlyer (Singapore Airlines) miles?

I tried the site but it asks me to log in first...
Old May 1, 2010, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aster
At what ratio do Hyatt's points convert to KrisFlyer (Singapore Airlines) miles?

I tried the site but it asks me to log in first...
https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en...s_to_miles.jsp

Receive 1 mile* for every 2.5 Hyatt Gold Passport points you convert, starting with a minimum of 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points.

Earn 5,000 Bonus Miles when you convert 50,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points.
Redeem
50,000 points Receive 20,000 miles + Bonus Award 5,000 bonus miles = Total Miles 25,000 miles
Hyatt Gold Passport Point conversions can be made in 1,250 increments.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:50 am

Can one participate in Gx and Ax promos concurrently?

Recently, a HP property told me no (re: United promo) to earning GP points + airline points, however I'm still unclear if one can earn the Gx bonus + Ax bonus.

One cannot earn hotel points and Gx bonus points; it's one or the other correct?

Particularly interested now that AA has released their joint promo with Hyatt.

Thanks.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:56 am
Original Poster

For each stay you must choose between Hyatt points or Airline miles - if you choose points you are also entitled to the Gx bonus points - choosing airline miles also gives you Ax bonus miles (although those are pretty rare).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.