Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

DENVER: Hyatt Regency vs. Grand Hyatt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DENVER: Hyatt Regency vs. Grand Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dewdreamdawn
I'm looking to book HR or GH Denver using P+C award (so the pricing is the same.) I am a Diamond, but not going to use the DSU this time. I don't mind the room size, but I do care about the breakfast/evening(if it exists) spread both in terms of wide selections and deliciousness. In this case, which one would be better?
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
GH, without question.
+1

Just stayed at both.

The HR wins on fitness center and lobby size. GH on everything else.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by dewdreamdawn
I'm looking to book HR or GH Denver using P+C award (so the pricing is the same.) I am a Diamond, but not going to use the DSU this time. I don't mind the room size, but I do care about the breakfast/evening(if it exists) spread both in terms of wide selections and deliciousness. In this case, which one would be better?
Any recent experiences at these properties from Diamond guests?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Any recent experiences at these properties from Diamond guests?
Lots of it. Generally, I prefer the GH.

The club and the food is of a higher level at the GH.

For a DSU, the HR is a better choice, as they have many more, much larger suites you can end up in.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Lots of it. Generally, I prefer the GH.

The club and the food is of a higher level at the GH.

For a DSU, the HR is a better choice, as they have many more, much larger suites you can end up in.
I agree the GH is a much nicer property, especially the club.

I used DSU at GH and got a beautiful suite on the top floor. IMO it's up there with Andaz 5th as best domestic DSU in the system.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I agree the GH is a much nicer property, especially the club.

I used DSU at GH and got a beautiful suite on the top floor. IMO it's up there with Andaz 5th as best domestic DSU in the system.
I was just in this suite last week. It's the Presidential and they have two of them. It is very Andaz-esque. I used it for a business meeting. The furniture doesn't lend itself to that -- either the deep sofa with pillow backs or the counter-height table for 4. It's cool a room -- but more form than function.

It's also worth nothing that this is not the category of suite that DSU's book into. That's a smaller, corner suite with a separate sitting area. Fairly unremarkable. But they do occasionally upgrade into one of the Presidentials when space allows.

There are several considerably larger suites at the HR. They are probably not what a random Diamond will see on a DSU, as there are so many levels, but there is a lot of inventory for the hotel to choose from. I was in one that I happen to know was where David Axelrod stayed during the '08 DNC. It's beautiful, very versatile, highly functional and nearly as large as my house.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:23 pm

It's also worth nothing that this is not the category of suite that DSU's book into. That's a smaller, corner suite with a separate sitting area. Fairly unremarkable. But they do occasionally upgrade into one of the Presidentials when space allows.
Didn't know that, thanks for clarifying.

I was overall really impressed with the GH. Only downside was a relatively small and nondescript lobby.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I've always been treated very well at the GH, so I've never seen a need to try the HR. Was just at the GH last weekend and was upgraded to a nice large corner king. Last time I was there was upgraded to a nice suite with no DSU. I really like the lounge and the location. GH all the way for me.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I've always been treated very well at the GH, so I've never seen a need to try the HR.
Me too -- treatment, especially for return guests is excellent in my experience. I always look to the GH first.

I travel to DEN a lot and the GH is so much smaller than the HR that isn't always available or at a competitive rate. It's nice to have such a solid Hyatt backup as the HR. It's also nice for different needs, such as a larger business meeting.

All things considered, I would never hesitate to stay at either of these properties. I wish there were more like them in other major cities.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
My only complaint about the GH is that the DSU "suite" doesn't even have a door between the bedroom and living area. They are separate rooms, and it looks like there should be a door there, but isn't.

Especially when traveling with children, that is a drawback. But I've stayed there twice in 2016 and was very happy with the hotel even with that.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 4:33 am

Thank you for the references.

Just booked a night, always enjoy the GH experience, especially if the club lounge delivers.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:50 pm

Has anyone stayed at these properties since the move over to the new loyalty program. Planning a stay in August as a Globalist and hoping to redeem TSUs for a family trip.

Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by ShaynaLeahK
Has anyone stayed at these properties since the move over to the new loyalty program. Planning a stay in August as a Globalist and hoping to redeem TSUs for a family trip.

Thanks!
Used a TSU at the GH a few weeks ago and ended up getting one of the very nice top floor suites mentioned upthread. Club was also very nice. Great stay overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.