Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

DENVER: Hyatt Regency vs. Grand Hyatt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DENVER: Hyatt Regency vs. Grand Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I've always stayed at the HR Denver because previous reviews stated that the Club at the GH is is much smaller and has fewer breakfast and evening offerings. Has anyone stayed at both recently and can make some comparisons?
LOL! I've stayed at both within the last 6 months. The GH Club may be slightly smaller in terms of square footage but there was no noticable difference in the breakfast offerings between the two properties. As for evening offerings, the GH had very nice spreads. And the GH had fewer people using the Club than the HR so it was less picked over.
The HR had a better view out the windows than the GH but I didn't see any difference in the offerings.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I've always stayed at the HR Denver because previous reviews stated that the Club at the GH is is much smaller. . .
It used to be much smaller -- and a joke really. Just a two-room suite turned into a club. However, that changed entirely not long ago when the GH opened a much larger new club. For my money, they skipped right over the HR with that club. It's of international standards.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Thanks to you both !! Will definitely try the GH next time. Is there any mountain view (to the west) from the GH Club or is it on something like the 3rd floor?? We've been very happy with our mountain facing room, Club, and staff at the HR. There was a new Embassy Suites that went up across the street over the past 2+ years which cut down on the expansive view from the Club and many of the high floor rooms. But I like Hyatt's so much that I wouldn't think of staying at the ES !
Old Jul 14, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Thanks to you both !! Will definitely try the GH next time. Is there any mountain view (to the west) from the GH Club or is it on something like the 3rd floor?? We've been very happy with our mountain facing room, Club, and staff at the HR. There was a new Embassy Suites that went up across the street over the past 2+ years which cut down on the expansive view from the Club and many of the high floor rooms. But I like Hyatt's so much that I wouldn't think of staying at the ES !
Due to its location, I very much doubt that you'd get a mountain view. I had a lower floor room facing west and all I saw was buildings. I can't remember my higher floor views.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
If you are on one of the higher floors, you stand a good chance of seeing the mountains.

However, with the amount of haze we have had in Colorado this summer, you may not have a perfect view.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:42 am

Which of these two hotels is the best pick for a couples-weekend stay using a DSU? A quiet room/suite is the most important issue for us. (Not a fan of those connecting-room-suites, are those the only option at the Regency?)
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by heakja
Not a fan of those connecting-room-suites, are those the only option at the Regency?
No, not at all. The Regency has many more larger, nicer suites at their disposal. I've been in many of them. The connecting rooms are for your staff -- not an unrelated neighbor.

On the right weekend, with a little work in advance with the hotel VIP manager, you could end up in a really, really nice suite. Far greater odds than the two nice suites at the Grand.

I like the Grand, especially for a weeknight business stay. In fact, I'm in it right now, but for a special suite stay, I'd put my money on the Regency. No question.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
No, not at all. The Regency has many more larger, nicer suites at their disposal. I've been in many of them. The connecting rooms are for your staff -- not an unrelated neighbor.

On the right weekend, with a little work in advance with the hotel VIP manager, you could end up in a really, really nice suite. Far greater odds than the two nice suites at the Grand.

I like the Grand, especially for a weeknight business stay. In fact, I'm in it right now, but for a special suite stay, I'd put my money on the Regency. No question.
Thanks AZ Travels the World, Regency it is then! ^
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:16 am

Any updates for a solo, non-Diamond traveler using a free night but not DSU? Seems like Grand Hyatt is maybe a little nicer, smaller, and closer to downtown sights and museums? But Regency is more highly rated on Trip Advisor.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt, UA
I have stayed at both they are both about the same walking distance to the 16th st mall area and the free electronic buses that run frequebtly down there
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:24 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I have stayed at both recently. As a Diamond I would choose the Grand Hyatt because I think the club there is a bit better. As a non-diamond I would probably choose the Regency due to (an ever-so-slightly) more convenient location, the rooms might be a little bigger, and it's just more "modern". I'd give the edge in customer service to the Grand Hyatt. In terms of city views I'd have to go with the Regency. I like both and truly it's just a coin toss. You can't go wrong at either one, so just go with the cheapest.
Originally Posted by joetro
Any updates for a solo, non-Diamond traveler using a free night but not DSU? Seems like Grand Hyatt is maybe a little nicer, smaller, and closer to downtown sights and museums? But Regency is more highly rated on Trip Advisor.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:01 am

Can anyone comment on the Nor1 Upgrade success for the Hyatt Regency? I have no status with Hilton, but I'm staying there with 3 guests on 8/21-8/24 (Weekend)

I booked with points but selected a Nor1 Upgrade to a suite at over $125/night, which I don't mind paying because it's still cheaper than other options.

If we're in standard room I don't mind at all, but because there's 3 of us for a weekend it'd be nice to have the suite.

Right now, it looks like the hotel is unavailable for Sat. and Sun., so maybe I'm out of luck.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:31 am

We recently stayed a couple of nights at the HR. We were amazed by how great the lounge was. The guy (from Australia?) who seemed to be in charge, was super polite, chatted with everyone and took great pride in his job. The food offerings were sophisticated and of high quality. The views from the lounge were too die for. Being a long time spg plat, I cant identify any spg hotel in the US with a lounge of this quality (the former westin diplomat is the closest, I think).

We used a DSU and was placed in a lagre and nice Blue Spruce suite. I think the regular DSU suite is the Pinyon Pine suite. Both of the have one drawback; a connecting door by the bed. We were told that all suites above the jr suite (Coloroado King) have a connecting door in both ends of the suite. Luckily, we had no noise from the connecting door by the bed, so we slept well. There was quite some noise from the room adjacent to the living room, so light sleepers should take note.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond (SM), Asiana Diamond.
I'm looking to book HR or GH Denver using P+C award (so the pricing is the same.) I am a Diamond, but not going to use the DSU this time. I don't mind the room size, but I do care about the breakfast/evening(if it exists) spread both in terms of wide selections and deliciousness. In this case, which one would be better?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by dewdreamdawn
I'm looking to book HR or GH Denver using P+C award (so the pricing is the same.) I am a Diamond, but not going to use the DSU this time. I don't mind the room size, but I do care about the breakfast/evening(if it exists) spread both in terms of wide selections and deliciousness. In this case, which one would be better?
GH, without question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.