Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Papagayo Costa Rica...open 2013 (pre opening discussion).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Papagayo Costa Rica...open 2013 (pre opening discussion).

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
When I booked (and in the confirmation email), it's a 72 hour cancellation. Now it's listed as 21 days.
Where is that listed? You still get "Cancel 72hours Prior To Arrival To Avoid One Night Pnlty" for new bookings so this must be Hyatt IT screwing up again....
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
My reservation is for early January.
I assume it's a glitch, or if very true, they would have needed to provide you with a reasonable notice of such (especially being within a month of your reservation--sounds like?). Looks like odds are on your side if you take this up with Gold Passport as you did not agree to those terms and conditions when you made the reservation.

I just went on hyatt.com and tried to book a reservation for the second week of January and it was still under the 72 hour cancellation policy at check-out.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
I looked at this hotel one or two weeks ago and remember seeing that the cancellable policy was 21 days. I remember it because for a daily rate that was a long notice...

Nonetheless today after reading this post checked it again and it's back at 72 hours... no clue what's going on in their mind or IT!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 9:04 am

Both of my reservations in May (2 nights from Hyatt CC and 2 nights on points) show 72 hours.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
they changed mine as well... booked for 7 nights at end of dec, and my reservation was booked with a 72 hour cancellation period and now it says 21 days. i have an email confirmation so i could care less about what my reservation is showing on the hyatt website.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:12 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello,

For the guests who had their cancellation policy change, can you please PM your reservation details to us? We will be happy to look into this.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: spg plat Hyatt diamond Marriot gold avis pres club national ex
I tried using a suite upgrade and hyatt gold passport is telling me that they cannot confirm the upgrade until the hotel is open. Is this correct? Has anyone had success using a suite upgrade?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TravelOnMyMind
I tried using a suite upgrade and hyatt gold passport is telling me that they cannot confirm the upgrade until the hotel is open. Is this correct? Has anyone had success using a suite upgrade?
I booked a suite using 33K points per night a while back, so they are (or at least were) booking suites that way. I think Andaz Wailea was similar pre-opening for a while...they allowed some bookings using 33K points per night but not using Diamond suite upgrades.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:06 pm

Any FT'ers make it out for opening weekend? I'll be there in a few months and I'm curious to hear the early reports.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
...I'm checking in on the 29th for an extended stay, will post first impressions next week.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by bubu-SNA
...I'm checking in on the 29th for an extended stay, will post first impressions next week.
If you could report back on dining options and prices both inside the resort and close by (or accessible by their transportation service), I would truly appreciate it!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:50 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

This property is now open and discussions at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-now-open.html .

For housekeeping purposes, I'm locking this thread.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.