Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Papagayo Costa Rica...open 2013 (pre opening discussion).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Papagayo Costa Rica...open 2013 (pre opening discussion).

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:06 pm
K79

Arrow

Does anyone know if this property has its own private beach or if it shares it with Allegro?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:37 pm

Anybody know if they're going to have rooms that can accommodate two adults and two children? I tried making a reservation and it came back with the error message that I was trying to book too many people into the room. I emailed the property, but haven't heard back from them yet.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by K79
Does anyone know if this property has its own private beach or if it shares it with Allegro?
This is all it says on their website:

Two secluded powdery beaches in a calm shore are the perfect setting for relaxation or water adventure.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 12:37 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Reservations are now open from 20 December 2013 - Including Christmas/Festive with limited min stays over NYE. This hotel will join the various upscale travel networks like FHR, Virtuoso etc but until that time similar perks are on request
Old Oct 22, 2013, 5:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

All righty... I've tried contacting Andaz Papagayo via Facebook and then through Mr. Schmid, the manager, and have not managed to get my questions answered, so I come to you trusty friends! (Mr. Schmid did reply to my email; however, he forwarded my email nicely to someone in customer relations, so I am awaiting their email, but I am very impatient because I am so excited!)

We're using two award nights and three nights on points.

Any idea what suites will possibly be given to those using the 6k points for a suite upgrade?
Do point stays typically cover the resort fee at Andaz properties?
What is included in the resort fee at AP?
What is the best way to get from LIR to the property or around Papagayo?
If you've been before (Four Seasons, etc.), did you rent a car for extra travels or did you use 3rd party activities?

I know it's a small chance every question will be answered, but I assume others have inquired and have received responses. Especially those regarding Papagayo in general.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:12 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by healthnut

We're using two award nights and three nights on points.

Any idea what suites will possibly be given to those using the 6k points for a suite upgrade? im assuming you're doing 2 credit card nights and 3 points night - 6k points upgrade not applicable since it's not a revenue stay - you can book the 3 nights using suite award at a 50% point premium.
Do point stays typically cover the resort fee at Andaz properties? award stays have the resort fee waived (included) per Hyatt T&Cs
What is included in the resort fee at AP?
What is the best way to get from LIR to the property or around Papagayo?
If you've been before (Four Seasons, etc.), did you rent a car for extra travels or did you use 3rd party activities?

I know it's a small chance every question will be answered, but I assume others have inquired and have received responses. Especially those regarding Papagayo in general.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
There are NO Resort fees at Andaz and there is only one Andaz that could be considered a resort.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA, AS, BA, UA, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by suite2suite
There are NO Resort fees at Andaz and there is only one Andaz that could be considered a resort.
The Andaz Papagayo will charge a resort fee in the amount of 10% of the room rate. As noted above, however, it has been confirmed that there is no resort fees on award stays at Hyatt properties.

To find out the resort fees for the Andaz Papagayo, make a dummy reservation and click on the "Taxes and Fees may apply" link next to where you book the room. Then you will see the resort fees.

FYI - I confirmed with the hotel that the following is covered by the resort fees here:
. Scheduled transportation within Peninsula Papagayo

. bottled still water throughout the resort (at pools, beach and Lounge)

. use of non-motorized water sports equipment at the activity beach; stand up paddle, kayak, skim boards, snorkling gear

. gym usage (towels, waters, attendant)

. pool usage (towels, insect repellent, F&B amenities, water)

. daily newspaper with breakfast

. valet parking

. Cambi - children facilities

Unfortunately I don't have any additional details beyond the above.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 4:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Here is what I received from the Andaz in regards to my questions. Quite interesting about the transportation! I may look into renting a car, especially if valet is included...

The Resort fee (10% of the daily rate) includes the following:
- free internet, free healthy drinks and snacks in the Minibar, free local calls, Food&Beverage amenities in the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo Lounge
- scheduled transportation within the Peninsula
- bottled still water throughout the resort
- use of water sports equipment at the activity beach
- gym and pool usage
- daily newspaper
- valet parking
- Cambi - children facilities

Concerning airport transportation, we are working with a reliable provider to organize two options:
- in a private car, USD 140 per way
- in shared transportation, USD 45 per person and per way

The most comfortable option is the private car; you just get in the car, you do not have to wait for anybody - enjoy the Andaz ride to the Península and leave the stress of travel behind!
Of course you could take aswell a taxi or a rental car, but as the Andaz Península Papagayo is a bit far off everything, it would be the safest option to decide on our mode of transportation.

We are about to finalize the tours with our providers and will make sure they feature authentic experiences. I will forward you the range of services offered as soon as possible.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Unethical change in cancellation dates

For anyone who has a reservation at this property, you may notice that they have sneakily changed the cancellation details when viewing your reservation online.

When I booked (and in the confirmation email), it's a 72 hour cancellation. Now it's listed as 21 days.

Not cool.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
IMHO this is not only unethical, it's illegal breach of contract!

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
For anyone who has a reservation at this property, you may notice that they have sneakily changed the cancellation details when viewing your reservation online.

When I booked (and in the confirmation email), it's a 72 hour cancellation. Now it's listed as 21 days.

Not cool.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I was seriously considering this property, but with a 21 day cancellation policy, and 4 elderly parents (all in their 80s), my husband and I simply won't take that kind of chance that someone may be ill (I'm also an only child).
Old Dec 3, 2013, 6:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Richey66
IMHO this is not only unethical, it's illegal breach of contract!
I just checked my reservations for May and none of them have changed. They still state 72 hours notice...
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

Not cool.
While they may have actually changed the cancellation time (which I don't think they are allowed to do unless you make a change to the reservation), you may want to call them and see if it's actually changed or if it's just a web site bug you're seeing.

I've noticed there's a bug on goldpassport.com that depending on how I view a reservation online, the wrong cancellation policy shows up on the reservation. The same thing happens for me for the Andaz Wailea where it went from 7 days to 21 days to now non-cancellable, but when I called Gold Passport to ask what's going on or view it through another page online, it is still the original cancellation length. Oddly my Andaz Papagayo reservation in May still shows 72 hours everywhere I checked.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by healthnut
I just checked my reservations for May and none of them have changed. They still state 72 hours notice...
My reservation is for early January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.