FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Papagayo Costa Rica...open 2013 (pre opening discussion). (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1044487-andaz-papagayo-costa-rica-open-2013-pre-opening-discussion.html)

jumpdogjump Jan 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Andaz Papagayo Costa Rica...open 2013 (pre opening discussion).

from the press room:

"HYATT AND HOTELERA PLAYA SOMBRERO S.A. ANNOUNCE SIGNING OF
AGREEMENT FOR ANDAZ PAPAGAYO IN COSTA RICA

CHICAGO (January 25, 2010) – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and Hotelera Playa Sombrero S.A., a Costa Rican development company, announced today that a Hyatt subsidiary and Hotelera Playa Sombrero have signed a management agreement for the 150-room Andaz Papagayo. Slated to open in 2013, the new Andaz hotel will be located in the exclusive community of Península Papagayo, Costa Rica’s acclaimed, premier five-star residential resort destination. This 2,223-acre master planned development is located on a jagged pair of peninsulas that slip majestically into the warm waters of the Gulf of Papagayo along the spectacular Pacific coast in the northwest province of Guanacaste. The expanse and diversity of this unspoiled land is astonishing with 15 miles of coastline, 14 miles of bluff edges, and 31 separate beaches of white, coral, and black sands. This project will represent the first resort location for Hyatt’s new Andaz brand and represents its initial foray into Latin America."

Link to full release

travelexpert Jan 26, 2010 6:37 pm

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2...6_Azulera.html

http://en.centralamericadata.com/en/...rom_Costa_Rica

Based on what happened with the Hyatt Azulera Resort Village in Guanacaste that was supposed to be complete in 2008, and then the Park Hyatt Monte del Barco that was annouced for 2012, I'll believe this when I see it....

hamboarder Jan 27, 2010 8:26 am

True, it's too far down the road to be excited about it, right now still speculation. I would love this though. Planning to go this year and I wish it was open already..

travelexpert May 2, 2013 12:02 am

Does anyone have knowledge that this property is going to happen?

Or not....

jumpdogjump May 2, 2013 3:51 pm

Yep - its happening, just not sure when...They have a twitter account that mentions a December opening. there's also a rendering from the construction company here (scroll down and click)

Here's a couple construction pics of their new meeting room and spa

Edit - they have a facebook page as well

K79 Jun 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Any new information about this property?

gengar Jun 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by K79 (Post 21017290)
Any new information about this property?

The twitter linked by jumpdogjump above has a plethora of information on the new property, including a mention of a Dec '13 opening as recently as just two weeks ago.

K79 Jul 1, 2013 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by gengar (Post 21019029)
The twitter linked by jumpdogjump above has a plethora of information on the new property, including a mention of a Dec '13 opening as recently as just two weeks ago.

Thanks. I'll check it out. I'm looking forward for this property.

carnalismocc Aug 30, 2013 10:16 am

Looks like this hotel is now accepting reservations from January 3rd, 2014 and beyond.

oc2005 Aug 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by carnalismocc (Post 21363326)
Looks like this hotel is now accepting reservations from January 3rd, 2014 and beyond.

^^^

Was able to book a suite using points and it seems to book into the "Andaz Large Suite" which sounded amazing from the description over the phone (something like 160+ sq meters!)

hensleyrob Aug 30, 2013 7:18 pm

How many points for the suite? I have a stay booked for May, perhaps I should call and book a suite instead.

oc2005 Aug 30, 2013 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by hensleyrob (Post 21365849)
How many points for the suite? I have a stay booked for May, perhaps I should call and book a suite instead.

It's a category 6 so 33,000 points per night for a suite.

carnalismocc Aug 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by oc2005 (Post 21365553)
^^^

Was able to book a suite using points and it seems to book into the "Andaz Large Suite" which sounded amazing from the description over the phone (something like 160+ sq meters!)

Nice! ^

IflyfromPHX Aug 31, 2013 6:37 am

Maybe a speculative booking is in order? After the Andaz Maui experience...it may be worth it.

What was the cancellation policy?

Edit: Strike That Idea

Cancellation of this reservation is subject to the hotel cancellation policy.
Non Refundable/Full Prepayment/No Changes

oc2005 Aug 31, 2013 8:10 am

Originally Posted by IflyfromPHX (Post 21367399)
Maybe a speculative booking is in order? After the Andaz Maui experience...it may be worth it.

What was the cancellation policy?

Edit: Strike That Idea

Cancellation of this reservation is subject to the hotel cancellation policy.
Non Refundable/Full Prepayment/No Changes

That's odd! All the nights I checked (and the nights I booked over the phone) had the following cancellation policy:

"Cancel 72hours Prior To Arrival To Avoid One Night Pnlty"

Like the Andaz Maui, I booked this one several months after the scheduled opening since you know the actual opening date will change and the first few months are often a bit rough while they're ironing out all the kinks.