Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trajanc
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Cancellation?? - Bellagio Las Vegas - $50++ any date in November through Hyatt.com

Originally Posted by ExtrAAordinaire
Select 3 people -- MGM Member rate is $50++ any date in November.
Just got an email from Hyatt (over 3 months later after booking my reservation) that they would only honor one of my reservations. I need to contact them before July to tell them which one I want. Is there anything I can do to get them to honor all of them?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by ExtrAAordinaire
Select 3 people -- MGM Member rate is $50++ any date in November.
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10

Thanks OP. Made a couple of speculative bookings. $101-ish per night after resort fee and taxes.
Just received an email from Hyatt that they can only honor (1) of my (2) reservations at the Bellagio and to let them know which one I’m keeping else they will cancel both reservations. Shocked that they are doing this more than 3 months after the fact. Anyone else got an email from Hyatt today?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002
Just got an email from Hyatt (over 3 months later after booking my reservation) that they would only honor one of my reservations. I need to contact them before July to tell them which one I want. Is there anything I can do to get them to honor all of them?
I'd be happy they've not cancelled all of the bookings given they're clearly mistake rate which are often times cancelled
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Neil791
I'd be happy they've not cancelled all of the bookings given they're clearly mistake rate which are often times cancelled
$50 a night at Bellagio doesn't seem like a mistake to me. It was a rate that was available to the public and I booked it. Seems to me it should be honored.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:15 pm

Hard to agree with that because it took them *more than 3 months* to decide they don’t want to honor all the reservations.

Mistake rate, special promo, whatever it was ... people do make plans after a reasonable ‘waiting period’ (1 month?) ... 3 months is outrageous to back out.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:24 pm

Hard to agree with that because it took them *more than 3 months* to decide they don’t want to honor all the reservations.

Mistake rate, special promo, whatever it was ... people do make plans after a reasonable ‘waiting period’ (1 month?) ... 3 months is outrageous to back out.
I agree and will be writing back an email to them to that effect.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:58 am

I agree and will be writing back an email to them to that effect.
Did you email Hyatt? I was writing my email now claiming that this is unacceptable because I already made travel plans to the area. I'm not sure if I should ask for anything in return or if that is pushing my luck.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:48 am

$50 a night at Bellagio doesn't seem like a mistake to me. It was a rate that was available to the public and I booked it. Seems to me it should be honored.
We're talking about Bellagio, not the Flamingo.....a very quick check on any booking site will not show Bellagio for that cheap unless its a mistake. And what basis should this mistake be honored? Because you want to get a great deal on a 5* hotel room in Vegas??

You don't have to like it or even agree but at the end of the day its the hotel's prerogative what it wants to do when it comes to mistake rates. More often than not these mistakes are honored in situations which don't make a dent in the hotel's bottom line, i.e. off season when the hotel is half empty. Most times these things get flagged when people make numerous bookings and get greedy which is hilarious because they also then get upset when their 'too good to be true' rate was corrected. You have every right to be outraged but what do you expect to accomplish by complaining to the company? To think they're going to budge or respond in your favor because they're not getting your fraction of the rate they charge everyone else is quite humorous but good luck!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:00 pm

You don't have to like it or even agree but at the end of the day its the hotel's prerogative what it wants to do when it comes to mistake rates. More often than not these mistakes are honored in situations which don't make a dent in the hotel's bottom line, i.e. off season when the hotel is half empty. Most times these things get flagged when people make numerous bookings and get greedy which is hilarious because they also then get upset when their 'too good to be true' rate was corrected. You have every right to be outraged but what do you expect to accomplish by complaining to the company? To think they're going to budge or respond in your favor because they're not getting your fraction of the rate they charge everyone else is quite humorous but good luck!
...you mad, brah?

My gripe is that it took more than three months to back-out. People do make travel arrangements. Tell me, in your expert opinion: how 'long' should a person who booked a cheap / mistake / special rate reservation directly on the hotel's website should wait before making travel arrangements? Is that person supposed to sit around indefinitely? Are they going to cover the associated costs? Irrespective of the hotel class, season, or rate paid ... if you cannot see anything wrong with the way this is being handled ... then that's that.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:38 pm

Hey guys! Quick question. I recently status matched to Diamond with Caesar Rewards. In order to get the benefits (e.g. $100 dinner, waived resort fees, etc.), do I have to book through the Caesar Rewards platform? Or, can I book from any other site and then just go to the rewards desk and they will sort everything out? Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by Alesis
Hey guys! Quick question. I recently status matched to Diamond with Caesar Rewards. In order to get the benefits (e.g. $100 dinner, waived resort fees, etc.), do I have to book through the Caesar Rewards platform? Or, can I book from any other site and then just go to the rewards desk and they will sort everything out? Thanks!
You do not need to book a room to receive or redeem the celebration dinner. You can just go to any CET location CR desk and redeem it. Many restaurants don't even require the celebration voucher anymore and doesn't require you to go to the CR desk. You can just give your CR card to them and they will take off the charges from the offer, given that the offer hasn't been used and loaded into your account. As an FYI and reminder, you have to use the whole $100 in one sitting. Any unused portions will be forfeited.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:01 am

...you mad, brah?

My gripe is that it took more than three months to back-out. People do make travel arrangements. Tell me, in your expert opinion: how 'long' should a person who booked a cheap / mistake / special rate reservation directly on the hotel's website should wait before making travel arrangements? Is that person supposed to sit around indefinitely? Are they going to cover the associated costs? Irrespective of the hotel class, season, or rate paid ... if you cannot see anything wrong with the way this is being handled ... then that's that.
Mad?? HAHAHA...that's the funniest thing I've heard all week!! If anything i'm still laughing at the outrage of having had an obvious mistake rate being cancelled regardless of the fact it was 3 months later. What makes you think that the company in question has people watching every single booking being made on their platform in real time, checking for errors and then cancelling them? The general rule for ANY mistake rate whether its hotel, airfare, etc is to not make additional plans which are not fully refundable but i guess maybe someone might learn from this and plan a little better in future. As i say, if you or anyone thinks the hotel is going to reimburse associated costs i've got a bridge i can sell you...
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: BA, JAL
People saying this is an obvious mistake rate seem a little confused. Mgm hands out comp rooms like this all the time for very little spend. Similarly if you make a booking, depending on dates, you can easily get rooms that cost 50/60 when you take off resort credit etc. If you're paying for several hundred then it's Weekend, a busy period, or you're just paying more than you need to.
UCSBCHRIS2002 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
People saying this is an obvious mistake rate seem a little confused. Mgm hands out comp rooms like this all the time for very little spend. Similarly if you make a booking, depending on dates, you can easily get rooms that cost 50/60 when you take off resort credit etc. If you're paying for several hundred then it's Weekend, a busy period, or you're just paying more than you need to.
For ones that go to Vegas often enough, they would know it's an obvious mistake, and for those that don't, then probably not. So the confusion lies with the ones that believe they can get a room there for that price. Yes, you're right about "comp" rooms and/or highly discounted rooms for players or based on tiers. But a public rate that low that anybody can book for Bellagio, I would've suspected it as mistake. I've never or rarely seen Bellagio rooms dip below $100 (NOT including tier discounts and/or player offers). Bellagio, even in the winter the rates float around the $100 minimum a night for a weeknight. For $50 a night range, you're looking at the lower end properties like Excal, Luxor, Flamingo, Linq, Harrahs, Ballys. I can agree that it sucks that they cancelled so late after the fact, but not surprised really.
Neil791 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by easy_money
For ones that go to Vegas often enough, they would know it's an obvious mistake, and for those that don't, then probably not. So the confusion lies with the ones that believe they can get a room there for that price. Yes, you're right about "comp" rooms and/or highly discounted rooms for players or based on tiers. But a public rate that low that anybody can book for Bellagio, I would've suspected it as mistake. I've never or rarely seen Bellagio rooms dip below $100 (NOT including tier discounts and/or player offers). Bellagio, even in the winter the rates float around the $100 minimum a night for a weeknight. For $50 a night range, you're looking at the lower end properties like Excal, Luxor, Flamingo, Linq, Harrahs, Ballys. I can agree that it sucks that they cancelled so late after the fact, but not surprised really.
Nice to see someone who 'gets it' and isn't stuck in the deluded mindset that a 5* property in Vegas is going to give away deeply discounted rates to the general public. Comparing an error or mistake rate to a comp'd rate is like comparing apples and pineapples for the reasons mentioned.....someone who's spent a large sum with a chain of properties is more likely to get a comp or deeply discounted rate than anyone booking on a publicly open platform and if you can find Bellagio, Venetian, Wynn, etc for $50 per night at any time of the year you can almost guarantee its a mistake...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.