Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:14 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Last message I received on lhw.com

"Due to the overwhelming number of consumers participating in this promotion, we regret to inform you that due to technical difficulties beyond our control the 1928 promotion has been suspended indefinitely."
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:15 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by synd
well i'll actually write to [email protected], no idea if it's a real address or not
6,000 emails in 80 minutes! Starting......now!

[email protected]

*limit 2 emails per person. 1 email sender per household. No guarantee that emails will be read. Blah blah blah.

Originally Posted by sdcarver
I email her as well. I have been a member with LHW since 2002--I have not stayed with them for over 4 years and stated that this promotion fiasco just drove me further away

sdcarver
And I've been in Leaders Club since 2001 - and stay at several properties each year.

I have a booking at a Leading Hotel (not in this promotion) this weekend, and an alternate booking at a non-member property in the same city. I was genuinely not sure which one I would stay at. Now I think I know.

I intend to make it very clear that I don't appreciate doing business with groups that pull a stunt like this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by laurajoyce
Now I'm getting:
Due to the overwhelming number of consumers participating in this promotion, we regret to inform you that due to technical difficulties beyond our control the 1928 promotion has been suspended indefinitely.
Yeah, I guess it was an "act of God" that caused their "screw-up."

They deserve all the bad publicity they get.

Of course, as I stated much earlier in this thread, I doubt that very many of their regular customers cared much about this deal. Basically, if you can afford to stay at these properties, you don't need to be spending your time on this "sweepstakes."
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:16 am

Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
End of the Era!!!!!!!!!

Due to the overwhelming number of consumers participating in this promotion, we regret to inform you that due to technical difficulties beyond our control the 1928 promotion has been suspended indefinitely.

Order Publications >
Gift Certificates >
Events & Meetings >
Corporate Information >
Quintess, Leading Residences >
Press Room >
Careers >
Partners >
For Hotel Members Only >
Privacy Policy >

The Leading Hotels of the World understands the finer points of hospitality and luxury. Indulge yourself in a lifestyle of luxury at one of our 5 star hotels and the unparalleled comfort they offer. The Leading Hotels of the World's featured hotels cater to the discriminating few, where first class service is a norm rather than an exception. The Leading Hotels of the World features small luxury hotels, resort hotels as well as world-renowned stately hotels offering all the possibilities for family getaways, romantic escapades and business meetings. Whether you need accommodation for business or pleasure, The Leading Hotels of the World will have the perfect solution for you. Online hotel reservations have never been easier.

© 2008 The Leading Hotels of the World
web2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Overlord
I am so mad right now....I need to find my blood pressure tablets!
watching the appropriate heads roll @lhw is infinitely more fun than stewing.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

im still getting older one, bizarre.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by satori

"Due to the overwhelming number of consumers participating in this promotion, we regret to inform you that due to technical difficulties beyond our control the 1928 promotion has been suspended indefinitely."
How are these difficulties beyond their control?

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:17 am

Leading Complain Hotel World

Claudia Kozma Kaplan
Vice President, Corporate Communications
Tel: (212) 515 5708
E-mail: [email protected]

Ani Zerounian
Director, Public Relations
Tel: (212) 515-5782
E-mail: [email protected]

Thanks for providing the above names, I will send them a mail and call them up for customer feedback.

I called them (phone numbers here), and the only way to get this offer is here...

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot Silver, Hertz #1Gold
Originally Posted by satori

pretty funny! I believed it for a while.
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by blindpilot
6,000 emails in 80 minutes! Starting......now!

*limit 2 emails per person. 1 person per household. No guarantee that emails will be read. Blah blah blah.
lmao :d count me in!!!!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:18 am

Some people are getting the suspended indefinetly message. I am still getting the delayed momentarily message. Can someone with tech know how explain this.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:18 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
This LHW fiasco reminds me of the skit they do on the TV show Little Britain

"Sorry, computer says no."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.