3 San Diego BRGs, 2 Charleston BRGs coming this morning on The BRG Blog

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 San Diego BRGs, 2 Charleston BRGs coming this morning on The BRG Blog

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2008, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Exclamation 3 San Diego BRGs, 2 Charleston BRGs coming this morning on The BRG Blog

Hello Flyertalkers, happy Wednesday,

This morning at 6:00 AM PDT 3 confirmed San Diego BRG opportunities will be posted. At 10:00 AM PDT, 2 confirmed Charleston BRG opportunities will be posted.

Details at:

http://bestrateguarantee.blogspot.com (after 6 AM & 10 AM, Pacific)

Some of you have wondered why I am beginning to auto-post. Well, for a couple reasons:

1) To give everyone fair chance at getting them before they're pulled.
2) To avoid them getting pulled in the middle of the night by WR lurkers.
3) To space out my posts during the day to evenly distribute traffic.

Enjoy!
Old May 8, 2008, 8:27 am

how does this work roadman

How does this work roadman? What do u need to do?
Old May 8, 2008, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by stevesevert
How does this work roadman? What do u need to do?
Read his blog
Old May 8, 2008, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tkey75
Read his blog
Good idea

Now if I could only get the other 100 people asking the same question doing that!
Old May 8, 2008, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Isn't this against FT TOS to post "teasers" here ala Lemex and then drive traffic to ones website/blog where the OP earns affiliate revenue?

Last edited by holtju2; May 8, 2008 at 1:48 pm Reason: typo
Old May 8, 2008, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holtju2
Isn't this against FT TOS to post "teasers" here ala Lemex and the drive traffic to ones website/blog where the OP earns affiliate revenue?
You mean commercial messaging? I believe it is...

If you want to share, share - if you want to lead people to your non-FT based website, pay for the advertisements...
Old May 8, 2008, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Isn't this against FT TOS to post "teasers" here ala Lemex and then drive traffic to ones website/blog where the OP earns affiliate revenue?
If you don't want the "teasers", I sure don't have to post them. I have no interest in the $2.11 I average each day in advertising. I list the upcoming blog postings as a convenience to the Flyertalk community, that's all.

If you want me to post here after they auto-post in the morning, I'll have to do that when I have time (far after the actual early-morning posts). By then, they may be already gone.

The mods I've had feedback from have said they appreciate these posts. But, if the readers don't, I sure don't have to post these "teasers" as you call them.

The end result will be you missing out on deals you wouldn't otherwise.

And for the record, to earn advertising (on my page, at least) the readers are required to click on advertising. I earn nothing for impressions/page visits. I had over 1,000 visits yesterday and made 3 cents off of 1 click. There are some days that I have 200 visitors and 6 clicks and can make $6.00. It depends on the day, but I'm definitely not in this for the money.

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
...commercial messaging?

Hah. Never thought the day when a hobby would be seen as "commercial". I make about as much as a citizen of Rwanda.

Last edited by roadtripman; May 8, 2008 at 2:25 pm Reason: clarification
Old May 8, 2008, 3:44 pm

Keep up the posts since it's ok with the mods. I'm all for it!^
Old May 8, 2008, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rc408
Keep up the posts since it's ok with the mods. I'm all for it!^
I've sent an email to the mods asking what should be done.

Needless to say, I'm less than enthusiastic about ever posting my finds here again.
Old May 8, 2008, 4:09 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Originally Posted by roadtripman
I've sent an email to the mods asking what should be done.

Needless to say, I'm less than enthusiastic about ever posting my finds here again.
Of course, it's the mods' call. However, as a reader (and now contributor with my Nashville find) to the BRG blog, I think it is a valuable service to the FlyerTalk community - especially since roadtripman doesn't receive revenue just for visits (only click-throughs).

If the mods make a decision to the negative about his postings, then I will do my best to post here all the BRG deals he mentions, and per FT TOS of properly citing information from other sites, will be sure to give full credit to the BRG Blog & post a link to it every time I post a deal I find there.
Old May 8, 2008, 4:14 pm
Suspended

and is it really necessary that the op "shares" his nonsense "brgs" with so many new threats?
Old May 8, 2008, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xanthuos
Of course, it's the mods' call. However, as a reader (and now contributor with my Nashville find) to the BRG blog, I think it is a valuable service to the FlyerTalk community - especially since roadtripman doesn't receive revenue just for visits (only click-throughs).

If the mods make a decision to the negative about his postings, then I will do my best to post here all the BRG deals he mentions, and per FT TOS of properly citing information from other sites, will be sure to give full credit to the BRG Blog & post a link to it every time I post a deal I find there.
Thanks Matthew, you're great.

It's too bad negative nancies have to ruin it for everyone. By all means take over if you'd like. Just...be quick. Today the San Diego deal was dead within 30 minutes of the auto-post.
Old May 8, 2008, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by roadtripman
But, if the readers don't, I sure don't have to post these "teasers" as you call them.
That's a wise suggestion! That's exactely what I want: NO SUCH TEASERS! Thank you ^
Old May 8, 2008, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Didi
and is it really necessary that the op "shares" his nonsense "brgs" with so many new threats?
Didi, you were given a warning by the mods for inflammatory comments regarding my site when it opened in January.

I've reported your comment to the mods. Stop trolling, please.

Originally Posted by Didi
That's a wise suggestion! That's exactely what I want: NO SUCH TEASERS! Thank you ^
I think we'll let the mods and other readers decide that. If history serves, Didi, your views definitely do not represent the majority of the Flyertalk community.

The sad thing is, Didi, that you probably don't even have any real position on this topic. You're just here to antagonize, and based on your previous behavior, I'm sure the mods know this.

Last edited by roadtripman; May 8, 2008 at 4:28 pm
Old May 8, 2008, 4:47 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Closed for moderator review

cblaisd
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.