FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 San Diego BRGs, 2 Charleston BRGs coming this morning on The BRG Blog
Old May 8, 2008, 2:16 pm
roadtripman

Originally Posted by holtju2
Isn't this against FT TOS to post "teasers" here ala Lemex and then drive traffic to ones website/blog where the OP earns affiliate revenue?
If you don't want the "teasers", I sure don't have to post them. I have no interest in the $2.11 I average each day in advertising. I list the upcoming blog postings as a convenience to the Flyertalk community, that's all.

If you want me to post here after they auto-post in the morning, I'll have to do that when I have time (far after the actual early-morning posts). By then, they may be already gone.

The mods I've had feedback from have said they appreciate these posts. But, if the readers don't, I sure don't have to post these "teasers" as you call them.

The end result will be you missing out on deals you wouldn't otherwise.

And for the record, to earn advertising (on my page, at least) the readers are required to click on advertising. I earn nothing for impressions/page visits. I had over 1,000 visits yesterday and made 3 cents off of 1 click. There are some days that I have 200 visitors and 6 clicks and can make $6.00. It depends on the day, but I'm definitely not in this for the money.

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
...commercial messaging?

Hah. Never thought the day when a hobby would be seen as "commercial". I make about as much as a citizen of Rwanda.

Last edited by roadtripman; May 8, 2008 at 2:25 pm Reason: clarification