Triprewards Say No

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Triprewards Say No

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Triprewards Say No

hi booked airport hotel jfk days inn with trip rewards for $99 +tax was looking for LHR hotel on priceline UK and saw days inn JFK for $94 +tax (not priced in UK £ ) claim was denied - Not a US site ...Is this their policy
Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:45 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Did you look on Priceline's US site?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if it doesn't say that on their website, you should ask them to escalate to a supervisor.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 4:44 pm

Or just resubmit the request, and hope that a different person processes it.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 4:50 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Here's what I did

I was at first denied my rate guaranty at the hojo in Newark Airport area (see seperate post) I immediately took screen captures of all the steps I used to simulate booking room, up to the submiting CC info. I sent it to the customer service agent who denied my request as a powerpoint presentation with annotations where necessary. I then had the guaranty honored. As someone else said they must say no just to see if you go away.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Thanks for your input I did resubmit and got a totally different excuse (second agent says that the price I got is not available on the website I provided) for the refusal..I have replied to them both attatching screen shots..Also I have written detailed step by step instructions of how I can still get the lower price
Old Feb 20, 2008, 9:14 am
Original Poster

RESULT decided to phone and explained story to agent and went through the booking together online she saw the lower rate and has given me the room for $0 and has emailed voucher. ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.