Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RATE GONE - Phuket Holiday Inn Resort: 0.01THB (to little to convert) in May

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:14 am

Programs: UA, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jpdx
I agree with the first part of your post--Thanks, Dirk.

However, 0.01 THB does not equal 2.5 cents. For 2.5 cents, you could book a stay of Hans-Dampfian dimensions.
Aww see I was hoping the room would only cost .01THB. I really cannot afford the 1THB rate. Oh well maybe next deal.

Rex :

Last edited by rparmfamily; Feb 13, 2006 at 10:24 am
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:20 am
Suspended

My rooms is going to cost 25 cents for 8 nights. Not as good a deal as for Americans. Damn exchange rates

Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:24 am

Location: Memphis, TN Hyatt Plat, NW Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, National Emeral Exec
Online Reservation Guarantee

By securing your online reservation with a credit card, you are eligible for our Reservations Guarantee. If your reservation cannot be honored, the host hotel will provide a room at, and transportation to, another convenient and comparable hotel, and pay for telephone calls to notify family of the lodging change. The host hotel will also pay the full cost of the first night's lodging rate, plus tax. Any advance deposit will be refunded.

I just notice they only really guarantees the first night, not the entire stay. Maybe I am reading it too closely, but it looks like I won't be going afterall.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MEM FA

By securing your online reservation with a credit card, you are eligible for our Reservations Guarantee. If your reservation cannot be honored, the host hotel will provide a room at, and transportation to, another convenient and comparable hotel, and pay for telephone calls to notify family of the lodging change. The host hotel will also pay the full cost of the first night's lodging rate, plus tax. Any advance deposit will be refunded.

I just notice they only really guarantees the first night, not the entire stay. Maybe I am reading it too closely, but it looks like I won't be going afterall.
Is it worth making several consecutive bookings of one night each?
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:31 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)

Don't forget, accomodation on Phuket can be ridiculously cheap. I've stayed there for 6 USD per night (granted, it didn't even come close to the Holiday Inn), but there are plenty of perfectly good accomodations available for about $20 per night. I would go anyway and hope for the best.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:32 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by jpdx
For 2.5 cents, you could book a stay of Hans-Dampfian dimensions.
Is he really that famous? Well, for the record, you will still find him posting on the Swiss and Lufthansa boards every now and then.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:36 am

Location: Memphis, TN Hyatt Plat, NW Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, National Emeral Exec
Originally Posted by LapLap
Is it worth making several consecutive bookings of one night each?
I just thought about that, then saw your post. I see it is available on travelocity also, dose anyone know what sort of guarantee they offer on prepaid rooms booked through their site??
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just thought about that, then saw your post. I see it is available on travelocity also, dose anyone know what sort of guarantee they offer on prepaid rooms booked through their site??
Ooooh! Now that is interesting as they put great store on their 'trust us' guarantee.

(However, if you look at the fine print the guarantee is technically for only $100 if they do c*ck up - get them to reconfirm before you book any flights!

Although, thinking this through, you'll stand a good chance of having your reservation honoured if you combine it with a flight as a holiday package)
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
Ooooh! Now that is interesting as they put great store on their 'trust us' guarantee.

(However, if you look at the fine print the guarantee is technically for only $100 if they do c*ck up - get them to reconfirm before you book any flights!

Although, thinking this through, you'll stand a good chance of having your reservation honoured if you combine it with a flight as a holiday package)
Fortunately, being a FA I don't have to worry much with the flight bookings
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:47 am
Suspended

Ok I have reserved at a prepaid rate via ICH, would you change that to Travelocity? It is a bit more, but not much

I am in Asia at the time but don't have flights to Phuket, but hey has that ever stopped an FT'r
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:49 am

are you sure it is available on travelocity??
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:53 am

Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
Originally Posted by martian
I saw it there....

At the 1 Baht/3 cent rate.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:53 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Yep.
Just booked 2 weeks in September for 14 baht.
Its not 2 cents, but almost.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:54 am

Yep it's there, just booked 4 nights for Oct in case I can't go in Aug.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:56 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
....and got the email confirm from travelocity 2 minutes later.
This is going to be very interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.