Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RATE GONE - Phuket Holiday Inn Resort: 0.01THB (to little to convert) in May

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by janhigginskcmo
How big is a standard room bed? Queen? Full???
The rate description says:
33 SQUARE METERS WITH BALCONY AIRCON INTERNET ACCESS SATELLITE TV IDD TELEPHONE VOICEMAIL SAFE DEPOSIT BOX REFRIGERATOR COFFEE AND TEA FACILITIES HAIRDRYER BEDDING TYPE AND SMOKING PREFERENCE WILL BE CONFIRMED ON ARRIVAL NO ROLLAWAY BED ALLOWED

Most rooms listed have 1 king, 2 queens, or 2 singles. My guess would be the 2 single beds since it is limited to 2 people

Last edited by martyYYZ; Feb 13, 2006 at 9:19 am
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Thanks for the tip, Dirk. ^

2.5 (American) cents per night is a pretty decent bargain in my book.

Excellent reviews for this hotel from TripAdvisor.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Got 3 nights for the end of October. Great find Dirk!! ^
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:26 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Booked 4 different stays. Will see if they honor any. If i get one out of four i would quite happy. Lets see how this plays put. Cheers to the OP and Savage25 for the alert
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:32 am

op, thanks for posting? can u tell us which bulletin board u originally found this on?

thnx!
r
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Because this isn't prepaid, the hotel has no obligation to honor it. And since this is ASIA, they absolutely have no obligation to honor it irrespective if you threaten that you'll never stay at this hotel ever again. The hotel will simply inform you that there is a mistake in the rate and that this is the new rate or xxxx baht. If you disagree with the rate, you have the option to cancel.

If you don't hear from them till the time at check-in, expect the above scenario at check-in. You can scream and rant, but you have the choice of walking out.

Unless you have a prepaid, then there is nothing to contest.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:38 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
I've done one prepaid (though they state they will charge it between booking and arrival, so I don't know if it's already now charged just after the booking) and one not prepaid. Will see what will come out.

Last edited by Chris26WI; Feb 13, 2006 at 9:51 am
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Because this isn't prepaid, the hotel has no obligation to honor it.
There is an option to book it as an advanced purchase prepaid rate.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:43 am

Thanks. Booked 3 rooms in September.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:47 am

Programs: AA (what is EXP?), UA 1P, IC free mini bar club, SPG GLD
Do you think, we will get night credits for this, since this rate is from IC website, and I have full flex rate.

Limits on Points for Stays. Points are not issued for stays at the following reduced room rates (“Non-Qualifying Room Rates”; “Non-Qualifying Stay”): net wholesale individual and group rate, package rate, employee discount rate, crew rate, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club® Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays or any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate. Except as expressly set out otherwise in these Terms and Conditions, Priority Club® points are not awarded for fractions of a U.S. dollar spent, or for dollars spent on tax, VAT, GST, service charges, gratuities or hotel incidentals. Charges not billed to your room, gift shop purchases, and meeting charges will not be eligible for points. You must have stayed in the room and paid for it in full to receive Priority Club® points. Only one room will be credited per member per night. Only the member whose name is on the reservation record will be awarded points and will be awarded Qualifying Night credit toward achieving Elite-level status or other promotional goals. Only one Qualifying Night credit, per member, per night will be awarded regardless of the number of reservations booked and paid for by the member. Points and/or Qualifying Night credit are not awarded for "no shows" even if the room is paid for in full. Priority Club® points or miles will not be issued if your room is paid for by a trade group, association or company as part of a convention or group business meeting (10 rooms or more). If you stay at an IHG hotel under the terms of a contract or group commitment, you will not be eligible to receive points.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:55 am

Location: Memphis, TN Hyatt Plat, NW Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, National Emeral Exec
Thanks OP, I just booked 5 nights in August. I went with the prepaid option hoping it has a better chance of being honored.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Because this isn't prepaid, the hotel has no obligation to honor it. And since this is ASIA, they absolutely have no obligation to honor it irrespective if you threaten that you'll never stay at this hotel ever again. The hotel will simply inform you that there is a mistake in the rate and that this is the new rate or xxxx baht. If you disagree with the rate, you have the option to cancel.

If you don't hear from them till the time at check-in, expect the above scenario at check-in. You can scream and rant, but you have the choice of walking out.

Unless you have a prepaid, then there is nothing to contest.
Online Reservation Guarantee

By securing your online reservation with a credit card, you are eligible for our Reservations Guarantee. If your reservation cannot be honored, the host hotel will provide a room at, and transportation to, another convenient and comparable hotel, and pay for telephone calls to notify family of the lodging change. The host hotel will also pay the full cost of the first night's lodging rate, plus tax. Any advance deposit will be refunded.
That's the language from the pre-paid terms.

What is the definition of "cannot" (i.e., can "cannot" mean "will not"?)?
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:06 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Thanks, booked a room both at ICH and on Opodo UK
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:08 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Thanks for the tip, Dirk. ^

2.5 (American) cents per night is a pretty decent bargain in my book.
I agree with the first part of your post--Thanks, Dirk.

However, 0.01 THB does not equal 2.5 cents. For 2.5 cents, you could book a stay of Hans-Dampfian dimensions.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpdx
However, 0.01 THB does not equal 2.5 cents.
I was referring to the prepaid rate which is 1 Thai Baht or 2.5 cents.

The flexible rate of 0.01 Thai Baht is almost zero. But it may be more susceptible to cancellation. So I would pay the 2.5 cents per night premium and go with the prepaid advance purchase rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.