Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Thread for people whose Tokyo/Osaka bookings were NOT cancelled & who ARE traveling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread for people whose Tokyo/Osaka bookings were NOT cancelled & who ARE traveling

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
Arrow Contradictory confirmations...

How many of you confirmed by Expedia have actually called the Hilton in Osaka?

Their number is 81663477111. You may have to add "011" in front of that to dial international. The country code and such is already in place.

I suggest you give them a call.

Expedia has confirmed with me over 5 times, and even rebooked my rooms at the correct rate. The Hilton Osaka still says they cannot confirm, and that I should contact Expedia.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Expedia's approval is of no use if the actual venue can't confirm.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by chuckd
I think all of you are liars. Filthy liars. Is anyone going to be there May 15-25?
I'll be there on those same dates. I'm not on Hilton yet, but Expedia gave me the green light after an ordeal (they mistakingly canceled my reservation, from the golden group).
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:50 pm

I have called expedia and have been confirmed.
I called the 800 number & that csr transferred me to a csr in seattle. the csr in seattle called the help desk which then contacted hilton tokyo.

expedia said that they would honor the reservations at the rate we paid for ($3). they also gave us the case # for confirmation.

here are the dates that booked.

for myself... may 1-9 in tokyo
may 9-14 in osaka

for my mom... may 1-14 in osaka

and aug.12-18 in tokyo

aug. 18-24 in osaka

all rooms are king executive
Old Nov 15, 2005, 1:39 am

Programs: UA 1K
Hello everyone,

At the Hilton Tokyo now.

I just wanted to let you all know that I checked in on 11/14 for 3 nights with 3 work associates. Everything is fine, although we were not given free breakfast coupons (don't remember if i booked those online) or choice of rooms.

We were given a letter stating something along the lines of "there was a mistake, but we will be nice and honor it."
Old Nov 15, 2005, 4:36 am

Programs: UA Premier, HH, Imperial Hotel, NOC
Originally Posted by FlyingToFly
I called the Hilton Osaka and was told by their Reservations Manager (Mr. Ohba) that Expedia has asked them NOT to confirm any reservations, at all. Mr. Ohba interpreted Expedia's request to include reservations that have been confirmed by Expedia, and even reservations that have been rebooked using Expedia's corporate credit card (although he did tell me that they cannot see the rate paid, and thus cannot differentiate between the reservations).

Can anyone verify if what he is saying is true?
This is most likely correct. It is not the Osaka Hilton's responsibility to "confirm" the reservations we made with Expedia. If they confirm a reservation "cancelled" by Expedia, then it would cause more issues to arise.

Just because he won't confirm, doesn't mean your reservation is not valid.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 4:58 am
Suspended

Question

Originally Posted by jxtai
How long did it take for your new reservations to appear on your account after you rebooked by their coparate account's credit card ? Still very confusing...sigh.. Everyone besides cmdinnyc called to rebook?
Do I understand the whole situation correct? If I have my bookings still in my file this doesn't mean that I am on the safe side?

Do I have to call them? Am I only on the safe side if the cancelled my bookings and re-booked them?
Old Nov 15, 2005, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Folks, if it is possible to keep this thread limited to:

(1) Posting your confiormed dates and room types; and
(2) Posting your actual experiences as to whether they honored your contract,

It is much appreciated. Discussion of the re-confirmation process is probably best kept in the main thread, where it originated. Hope that is not too arsh - just want to keep a thread on track for actual monitoring of what is or is not being provided to those actually showing up at the hotel. Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2005, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by csakamoto
Hello everyone,

At the Hilton Tokyo now.

I just wanted to let you all know that I checked in on 11/14 for 3 nights with 3 work associates. Everything is fine, although we were not given free breakfast coupons (don't remember if i booked those online) or choice of rooms.

We were given a letter stating something along the lines of "there was a mistake, but we will be nice and honor it."
Csakamoto, many, many thanks for this post. I am glad to see they are honoring at least your reservation and seem to have a system in place (i.e., they have created a letter).

I am a little bit concerned that this means Hilton may try to decline to honor the "Executive level" privileges many of us booked. Can you check your confirmation and let us know exactly what your room type is? Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Executive level rooms don't include breakfast coupons.. they include breakfast in the lounge. Csakamoto, did you get a room on an Executive level with lounge access?
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:35 am

Any Brits out there who lost out in the Expedia - Japan Hilton, cock-up?

Hi, I'm a freelance writer looking into how Expedia.com wrongly sold rooms at Hilton Tokyo and Osaka at well below actual price.Has anyone from the UK been caught up in this saga?.Have you got a good/bad tale, to tell? - I'll be very glad to hear your side of the story.

Many Thanks
Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:13 am

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
Got all stays reconfirmed (total 54 nights).

:-)
Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flying MD
Got all stays reconfirmed (total 54 nights).

:-)
That's a big bite flying MD - you must love Japan! If you feel like posting your dates and room types, I can add you to the list at the top of this thread.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Here are my dates......May 20th for three nights.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by niceday

Hi, I'm a freelance writer looking into how Expedia.com wrongly sold rooms at Hilton Tokyo and Osaka at well below actual price.Has anyone from the UK been caught up in this saga?.Have you got a good/bad tale, to tell? - I'll be very glad to hear your side of the story.

Many Thanks
May want to check the thread below this one thats specifically for you guys, or the huge master thread. This is not the place.
I'll be there when you are Ramz.
I'll be there May 15-24 in Tokyo, king exec.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ramz
Here are my dates......May 20th for three nights.
Ramz: Tokyo or Osaka - and what type of room?

Chuckd: Got you added to the master list - thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.