HotelSlash Pre-Launch Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HotelSlash Pre-Launch Offer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2023, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Note that unlike other sites, we show the total cost up-front including all taxes and fees.
Does that include resort fees (e.g. in Las Vegas)? If so, you have really great deals. If not, maybe OK.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 12:22 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Thanks for sharing the site.

I was able to find a good rate for an upcoming stay, but somehow I keep getting the payment not authorized error. I double checked with my credit card issuer, and they were able to both see the charge and approved it, but the merchant keeps reversing it.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 3:38 pm

Programs: united, american
Non-refundable rates are a no go for me. How to screen these out? Thank you
crd3000 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by dbfact
Non-refundable rates are a no go for me. How to screen these out? Thank you
Preferences > Include non-refundable offers > off
crd3000 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 5:28 pm

I just wanted to make an account to thank you for creating this service. It’s a remarkable tool and I can already see the savings! I’m also an avid supporter of AutoSlash, which is also saving a lot of money when planning road trips with my closest friends. We have a reunion on a regular basis and couldn’t imagine not using your website. Thank you again.
Old May 10, 2023, 11:01 am

I have used Auto Slash in the past so I signed up for Hotel Slash and compared rates on an upcoming trip. Hotel Slash offered me a two bedroom suite for $100 off the hotels site and priceline, so I booked it. Non refundable but in this instance the chance of me canceling almost non existent. Some of the rates offered were good others were not. So always compare.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I'm very late to this party. I'm spending less time on FT these days, just saw this thread, signed up through the link in OP (my account says 90-day free trial), and submitted two requests for Australia hotels.

Request #1
Booking direct, BAR: $204.35, cancel day of check-in 6 pm without penalty, 2,193 loyalty points earned
Booking with 32k purchased points: $160
HotelSlash option: $121.37 all in, refundable, cancel 3 days before check-in to avoid full penalty

Request #2
Booking direct with current 25% off promo: $153.14 per night all in, with breakfast (2 x $16 value, but solo traveler), 2-day cancel, pay later, no loyalty program
TA Plus**: $127.08 per night, bed only, refundable with 2-day cancel
HotelSlash: $163.20 per night, bed only, refundable with 3-day cancel

**I haven't yet redeemed my code for free annual membership through Target.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 12:31 pm

Update hotel would not honor rate

Originally Posted by edge
I have used Auto Slash in the past so I signed up for Hotel Slash and compared rates on an upcoming trip. Hotel Slash offered me a two bedroom suite for $100 off the hotels site and priceline, so I booked it. Non refundable but in this instance the chance of me canceling almost non existent. Some of the rates offered were good others were not. So always compare.
I went to the hotel and they told me I did not have a two bedroom suite, but that I booked a one bedroom - two room suite. The picture on Hotel Slash showed a 2 bedroom, my confirmation email said 2 bedroom, they told me that is not what their system showed. I had to pay the difference out of pocket and did not save a dime. I have a picture of the booking information that showed on the Hilton Doubletree system, the front desk person told me to take a picture of it and take it up with the booking people. She told me the booking was made via Priceline. Hotel Slash website has no contact info to resolve a problem so I could not contact anyone to resolve my issue.
I once had an issue with a Priceline reservation, I was able to call them and they called the hotel to help resolve it. Hotel Slash, no way to resolve an issue.
2RETIREDTRAVELERS and dmax801 like this.

Last edited by edge; Jun 5, 2023 at 12:33 pm Reason: add content
Old Jun 5, 2023, 1:49 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash
Original Poster

I went to the hotel and they told me I did not have a two bedroom suite, but that I booked a one bedroom - two room suite. The picture on Hotel Slash showed a 2 bedroom, my confirmation email said 2 bedroom, they told me that is not what their system showed. I had to pay the difference out of pocket and did not save a dime. I have a picture of the booking information that showed on the Hilton Doubletree system, the front desk person told me to take a picture of it and take it up with the booking people. She told me the booking was made via Priceline. Hotel Slash website has no contact info to resolve a problem so I could not contact anyone to resolve my issue.
I once had an issue with a Priceline reservation, I was able to call them and they called the hotel to help resolve it. Hotel Slash, no way to resolve an issue.
Hi edge -- sorry for the issue you experienced and any confusion about contacting us! We definitely do have customer support who are happy to make sure you get your issue with the hotel resolved. You can always reach us by clicking the big "?" logo in the top right corner of our homepage, but even easier is just to reply to any email from us. If you reply to your confirmation email for the reservation in question, that will be the fastest way for us to see exactly which booking you're referring to and we'll get in touch with the necessary parties and make sure your reservation and rate are honored as booked and any applicable refunds are processed. Thanks!
squeakr likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Just chargeback on your credit card for what you paid over the original purchase. Hotel has no case if you have a two-bedroom listed on the confirmation.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by steveholt
Just chargeback on your credit card for what you paid over the original purchase. Hotel has no case if you have a two-bedroom listed on the confirmation.
not so fast. If the error is with the 3rd party booking site then the hotel has a case. Unless the hotel reservation system itself showed '2BR suite' I'd be very careful with a chargeback
Old Jun 10, 2023, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by cfischer
not so fast. If the error is with the 3rd party booking site then the hotel has a case. Unless the hotel reservation system itself showed '2BR suite' I'd be very careful with a chargeback
OP has no way to know what the hotel's reservation system says internally. Would be unrealistic to hold that as the standard for the hotel chargeback. If the claim for the hotel charge was denied, I'd then chargeback the amount paid to the third party for the amount billed by the hotel.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 5:13 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash
Original Poster

OP has no way to know what the hotel's reservation system says internally. Would be unrealistic to hold that as the standard for the hotel chargeback. If the claim for the hotel charge was denied, I'd then chargeback the amount paid to the third party for the amount billed by the hotel.
Or at least reach out to that third party and give them a chance to correct the situation. I guarantee that if the OP emails us, we will fix it and make sure they get refunded accordingly. I'm not sure why the OP couldn't figure out how to contact us, but we do have a contact form on our site, and unlike most other travel booking services, we don't hide behind "noreply@" email addresses -- every email we send can be replied to and goes directly to our customer service team (two thirds of whom are long-standing FlyerTalk members in their own right and are expert travelers themselves and great at problem-solving--again, unlike the outsourced customer service you get with most other travel websites).

We already have a ticket with our dev team to add additional "Help"/"Contact Us" menu links to make it even easier to figure out how to contact us if you have a question.
SPN Lifer and restaurantin2 like this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
good luck with that then. Hotel status/points and many other things may get cancelled in such cases (let alone legal repercussions). Just because one doesn't know doesn't give the right to randomly not pay for services.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 6:16 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by cfischer
good luck with that then. Hotel status/points and many other things may get cancelled in such cases (let alone legal repercussions). Just because one doesn't know doesn't give the right to randomly not pay for services.
I don't see how this is "randomly not pay for services". If the consumer paid for a certain room, as advertised by the company they paid to (the OTA in this case), and they do not receive the room they paid for, then that's a textbook case for initiating chargeback.

It's like saying consumers have no right to chargeback if a retailer (for example Amazon) sends the consumer a single speaker when the product listing advertises a stereo set, just because Amazon incorrectly matched the speaker's description to the actual speakers being sold, and refused to refund or accept returns on the item.
SPN Lifer and restaurantin2 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.