Wiki Posts
Search

HotelSlash Pre-Launch Offer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2023, 6:27 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash
Original Poster

HotelSlash Pre-Launch Offer

I'm excited to share an update about HotelSlash with the Flyertalk Community. As many of you know, we launched our beta version during the pandemic, which presented both challenges and opportunities. While travel was down overall, it gave us the chance to focus on our mission of creating a platform that not only offers the lowest hotel prices, but also the best experience and service for travelers. Our sister site, AutoSlash, has become known as the best place on the internet for car rental deals, so we knew we had big shoes to fill.

After two years of hard work and dedication, and many happy beta customers, we're thrilled to announce that we are ready to launch HotelSlash out of beta and into the "real world." One of the key things we learned on this journey is that to offer travelers below-market (i.e. "wholesale") rates, we needed to have a fee-based membership program in place. With this in mind, we are finalizing the HotelSlash membership program and plan to launch it in the coming weeks.

Here's the great news for Flyertalkers: we're offering a limited-time opportunity for you to sign up for HotelSlash for FREE before the official launch of the paid service. Whether you are currently planning a trip, or just want to sign up now via this special offer to have access for future travel, I highly encourage you to take two minutes to sign up for free during this introductory period. You won't find better deals elsewhere, and by signing up now under our Friends and Family promotion, you'll receive a 100% discount on the membership fee.

Once we officially launch, the paywall will go up, so it's important to act soon if you want to take advantage of this offer.

We look forward to saving you money on your hotel stays!
Old Feb 26, 2023, 6:50 pm

What if we already signed up during the beta period? Are we grandfathered in or do we need to sign up again?

Thanks from a long-time, loyal Autoslash customer!
Old Feb 26, 2023, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abcx
What if we already signed up during the beta period? Are we grandfathered in or do we need to sign up again?

Thanks from a long-time, loyal Autoslash customer!
Yes, anyone who signs up now or has signed up prior to this is automatically grandfathered in!
crd3000 and pmarrsouth like this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 7:57 pm

Is there any way to find out where you have exceptionally discounted rates that one can't find elsewhere?
Old Feb 26, 2023, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abcx
Is there any way to find out where you have exceptionally discounted rates that one can't find elsewhere?
We are partnered with an array of suppliers that cover almost a million properties worldwide. Pricing and availability are dynamic, so it's tough to say where the deals will be from one day to the next. The best thing is to just request a quote and see what comes back.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I assume that these rates will not be eligible for loyalty program benefits. Is that right?
Old Feb 26, 2023, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by estnet
I assume that these rates will not be eligible for loyalty program benefits. Is that right?
Officially, no, but anecdotally, both AutoSlash/HotelSlash employees and early customers have reported good success rates when providing their loyalty numbers at check-in and having the points credited for the stay. It just cannot be guaranteed.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 9:43 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Signed up using the link, but the confirmation email never came through. Checked the spam folder too.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Really minor quibble on the user experience -- if I type in a destination (e.g. Singapore) and hit tab to advance to the date selection field, it blanks out the destination. It was not immediately apparent to me that I had to wait for a dropdown style menu to autopopulate.

Otherwise, this looks great! Really looking forward to giving this a shot.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 10:54 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just tried 5* hotels in NYC for a future 3 night stay. There was a fair number of hotels listed but nowhere near even a 1/3 of the 5* hotels in NYC. It's clear that the suppliers you use don't include a great many hotels in a large city destination if NYC is representative of what will come up.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
How can I cancel a request so I don't keep getting updates?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I guess it should be much easier for non-US resident to use hotelslash vs autoslash as there is no insurance issue like car rentals. Also, with rental car you have the convenience with going "preferred" than the regular counter if you rent with Avis - that is one of the things that I'm willing to pay extra for - just to be able to pick my car and not being harassed to pay extra to upgrade.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
Signed up using the link, but the confirmation email never came through. Checked the spam folder too.
That's odd Palal . Can you please email [email protected] with the email address you signed up under so we can look into it?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by estnet
How can I cancel a request so I don't keep getting updates?
When you request a quote, it's a one-time thing. You won't get any further updates for it.
estnet likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I just tried 5* hotels in NYC for a future 3 night stay. There was a fair number of hotels listed but nowhere near even a 1/3 of the 5* hotels in NYC. It's clear that the suppliers you use don't include a great many hotels in a large city destination if NYC is representative of what will come up.
Our suppliers return all available properties but the version that is in production right now maxes out at a certain number of properties returned in a given area for performance reasons. As you can imagine, the number of properties in NYC is quite high and we're searching in the area requested and cutting it off at a certain point.

Our next release will greatly expand this number, but in the meantime, if you search in a given area (Financial District, Times Square, Upper East Side, etc.) you should see all the 5* properties in that area at least.

Thanks for the feedback!
crd3000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.