Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ramada Mazatlan Resort $7

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by MakeShift
...It's $68 for most nights on Tripadvisor

I don't see them budging enough to make this worth it. Does anyone have an email address for someone at Ramada corporate that I can report this too?
A few e-mails back and forth.
In the end we agreed to $50USD/night incl. breakfast & taxes.
If remains to be seen if I'll keep the reservation. Since breakfast is included, I probably will.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA EP, AS/EY/AV G
Delia emailed me today saying she couldn't honor the rate unless I changed the date to May or Sep 2017 - when I agreed to change the date to Sep, she emailed me a new conf letter that 1) only includes 1 of my 2 rooms (the cheaper one), and 2) does NOT specify the rate in pesos (just says $114 per night) - I called Wyndham customer service, & they'll investigate (but they told me they would make sure my original rate was honored)
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by pathensley
Delia emailed me today saying she couldn't honor the rate unless I changed the date to May or Sep 2017 - when I agreed to change the date to Sep, she emailed me a new conf letter that 1) only includes 1 of my 2 rooms (the cheaper one), and 2) does NOT specify the rate in pesos (just says $114 per night) - I called Wyndham customer service, & they'll investigate (but they told me they would make sure my original rate was honored)
September is the hottest, most humid, and wettest month of the year in Mazatlan. The city has horrible drainage after a good rainstorm, and becomes a soggy mess for days afterwards. Even at the original rate, it's not a bargain in September.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:15 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
I got the same e-mail I have 14 days reservation for Jan
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:46 pm

now my reservations (2) have disappeared from wyndham.com

edit: just called wyndham - turns out the resort closed my inquiry 2 days after I opened it, & they also changed the name on my reservations so I could no longer access them - wyndam says they will open a new investigation.

Last edited by pathensley; Sep 12, 2016 at 2:10 pm
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:11 pm

wyndham restored my reservations & assured me the resort would stop sending harassing emails, but I decided to cancel anyway because I don't trust the resort anymore.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by jaymar01
Hotel pricing in Mexico is an absolute joke....and a ripoff.

Over the past 18 months, the value of the Mexican peso has devalued by +40% vis-a-vis the USD, but you'll never see any of that reflected in hotel pricing. Even tourist hotels in places like Russia will price somewhat in relation to the value of their currency.
It's best to stay at places priced in pesos. Also sometimes if you call the hotel directly they'll give you free breakfast in the rate for not booking through third parties.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Wyd Plat.
Anyone Go?

Did anybody else use their reservation?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:49 pm

I was there for a few nights last week.
We cut our stay short because the bar next door was keeping the wife awake until 4a.m.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Wyd Plat.
Originally Posted by tracon
I was there for a few nights last week.
We cut our stay short because the bar next door was keeping the wife awake until 4a.m.
I agree. Its non stop music pollution from 1 pm to 5 am. Starting with the constant flow of loud and band "banda" bands up and down the beach then the club. Based upon the reviews and the experience, I think the hotel makes most of their money off the club and the club set party crowd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.