Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Is Hotels.com "free night" better than rewards program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Hotels.com "free night" better than rewards program?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2023, 9:23 am

Booking.com is only 3% on Topcashback but 8 Avios per £ on the BA shopping page. Along with th Genius discounts of "up to 15%" (in reality usually 7-10%) this seems to be the way forward.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 10:54 am

I have about 12-13 "pending" stamps for hotel bookings in a few months. Lets say on a $200 booking I'm expecting a pending stamp of $20.
Once this program transitions to OneKey, what happens to these pending stamps - will I still get $20 in OneKey cash because the booking was made before the transition, or will I get $2 OneKey cash?
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
I have about 12-13 "pending" stamps for hotel bookings in a few months. Lets say on a $200 booking I'm expecting a pending stamp of $20.
Once this program transitions to OneKey, what happens to these pending stamps - will I still get $20 in OneKey cash because the booking was made before the transition, or will I get $2 OneKey cash?
I have thought the same thing like you. It would be best for customers point of view to reward these "pending stamps" as the old way when the booking has been made before the program transitions to Onekey but i wouldn't trust this to happen. Usually when these loyalty programs devalue they don't think about the customers best interest.

Such a shame to lose Hotels.com Reward program. Great way to earn avios and reward nights at the same time. I have burned all of my vouchers now and probably will move to Booking.com. Let's wait and see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.