Wiki Posts
Search

Free hotel night at Melia hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hsk
Can you cancel and rebook?

Anyone know if promot points will be redposited after cancelling a unrestricted flexible rate?
That would be very interesting. As would knowing whether the (hopefully) returned miles would become unrestricted -- such that you could transfer them to something like Wyndham.
Old May 1, 2014, 7:48 pm

No, you can't cancel and rebook. You promo 12,000 points will be gone after you cancel the original booking. You can call them and ask to rebook using the lost points from the original booking, but I am not sure they will do it for you. You can try to change your original booking over the phone though.
Old May 2, 2014, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by iahphx
That's what I thought I saw when I signed up, but folks were talking about the need to book by the end of the month. I guess it was just confusion.

If most Tryp hotels aren't bookable, though, it's not particularly easy to use this deal outside of the Iberian peninsula -- they just don't have that many participating hotels where the price gets close to 12,000 points (12,000 points applied to their Caribbean resorts doesn't help much). I have been thinking of visiting Portugal (never been). Perhaps this source of cheap hotel rooms will give me the incentive to do so.
What about Germany? They have a lot of properties there and I'm able to use it for a night paying 35 EUR + 12k points.
Old May 2, 2014, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by boris10475
No, you can't cancel and rebook. You promo 12,000 points will be gone after you cancel the original booking. You can call them and ask to rebook using the lost points from the original booking, but I am not sure they will do it for you. You can try to change your original booking over the phone though.
Yes it true - that's pretty bad - what you you buy points and use them
Old May 3, 2014, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by boris10475
Yes that's what happened to my 2000 points when I joined Melia Rewards a while ago. Hardly surprising to be honest.
Old May 3, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: all
do you guys still show the points in your account or did they disappear end on april
Old May 3, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pantanal
do you guys still show the points in your account or did they disappear end on april
My points are still there.
Old May 4, 2014, 1:20 am
scr

Programs: M&M, BAEC
Originally Posted by pantanal
My points are still there. My wife's points have disappeared
Old May 4, 2014, 2:45 am

my points were still there a couple of minutes ago, i booked the melia in berlin for 30€ and it went smooth. let's see!
Old May 5, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Had my night in Dubai without issue, and even upgraded to a Grand Suite! Very impressed!
Old May 5, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by Matthew Bennion
Had my night in Dubai without issue, and even upgraded to a Grand Suite! Very impressed!
have you any melia status?
Old May 5, 2014, 9:46 am

This morning I still had 12k points in my accounts, then used to book in Kuala Lumpur.
Check in at the hotel made this afternoon,in the hotel they did not see the points + cash payment, but just the normal rate without points nor promo code.
I showed the confirmation email, the agent consulted the supervisor who gave the OK.
Old May 5, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
have you any melia status?
No status, just a fluke I guess.
Old May 5, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA-Silver, HHonors-Gold, Marriott-Plat
Thanks to the OP for this!
Old May 5, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: M&M
Just got one of my reservation cancelled - a Tryp Gran Via in Madrid for October. No notification email or whatsoever. I have another reservation for October, Madrid again, which is still showing as active on the website. I wonder how long they will keep it that way.
What actually bothers me is that I have booked a Tryp in Porto in about a week for 11 000 points (well, actually two rooms, as we are travelling in a group, different accounts of course) and I really dont feel like booking any last minute accommodation. Fingers crossed...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.