Avios Hotel Sale - Cash Glitch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr

As per Raffles' Blog http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/01...vios-bookings/

IC Budapest from £33 a night. lots more bargains to be had - All hints and tips are in the comments section on the blog so please don't flood the thread with answered questions!
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
While I appreciate the OP's desire to avoid the thread being flooded with questions, the key detail is that this is/was a deal for booking hotels in the following cities only at a reduced rate:
Vienna
Dubrovnik
Prague
Copenhagen
Berlin
Budapest
Istanbul
The Algarve
Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:40 pm

seems ba.com loads rates with hotels + car rentals. avios.com has only hotels, but i think you need to have a british address?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

by following the link on the page that the opportunity linked to, one could book just hotels. the offer is dead though.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
No, you can still book top hotels for 1/2 price. Four Seasons / Mandarin Oriental do not go on sale like this very often!
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:05 pm

the site ba.com seems to be giving hotel+car hire ,not just hotel alone.

Also not available for other cities other than those mentioned,

I dont want to book as I am not going to one of those cities and my redemption for other cities may be mucked up by this glitch.(rental care +hotel)
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:13 am

Thanks OP!

Booked a couple of hotels that suited my schedule. I noticed an annoying quirk on the vouchers BA issued, hotels I booked that included breakfast made no mention of that anywhere in the confirmation or in the voucher itself. Anyone have this too?

Cheers.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:43 am

Thanks OP!

Booked a couple of hotels that suited my schedule. I noticed an annoying quirk on the vouchers BA issued, hotels I booked that included breakfast made no mention of that anywhere in the confirmation or in the voucher itself. Anyone have this too?

Cheers.
For me the voucher doesn't mention it but the email confirmation states it's included
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by polochick
For me the voucher doesn't mention it but the email confirmation states it's included
Just re-checked but neither the e-mail confirmation nor booking voucher makes a mention of it. What I resorted to doing was to recreate the quote and then screenshot to show the matching rates.

Thanks anyways.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by waver99
Just re-checked but neither the e-mail confirmation nor booking voucher makes a mention of it. What I resorted to doing was to recreate the quote and then screenshot to show the matching rates.

Thanks anyways.
Does your hotel voucher show your address along with your name? I don’t live in UK but wanted to book this deal. So, I’ve create an Avios account using my friend’s address in London. But, if the UK address shows up in the hotel voucher, I might have a problem getting a visa.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by travelover4
Does your hotel voucher show your address along with your name? I don’t live in UK but wanted to book this deal. So, I’ve create an Avios account using my friend’s address in London. But, if the UK address shows up in the hotel voucher, I might have a problem getting a visa.
Just the full name of you and your partner
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by waver99
Thanks OP!

Cheers.
My voucher doesn't mention breakfast and neither did my email confirmation. I went back to do another dummy booking and took a screenshot to show that breakfast was shown to be included at the point of room selection. Hope this is ok.

Anyone know if it's worth confirming with BA somehow? Breakfast is EUR25 per head where I'll be staying, so don't want yo be trying to sort this out between the hotel and BA during my stay.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by User Name
My voucher doesn't mention breakfast and neither did my email confirmation. I went back to do another dummy booking and took a screenshot to show that breakfast was shown to be included at the point of room selection. Hope this is ok.

Anyone know if it's worth confirming with BA somehow? Breakfast is EUR25 per head where I'll be staying, so don't want yo be trying to sort this out between the hotel and BA during my stay.
I intend to call BA and sort this out before my stay, after this promo has been fixed or ends.

Haha.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:21 am
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
Adam1222 works for IHG
Old Jan 11, 2014, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by mrtibbs1999
As per Raffles' Blog http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/01...vios-bookings/

IC Budapest from £33 a night. lots more bargains to be had - All hints and tips are in the comments section on the blog so please don't flood the thread with answered questions!
One cant go much wrong with a 33 gbp FOR AN IC hotel,superb deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.