Avios Hotel Sale - Cash Glitch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios Hotel Sale - Cash Glitch

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
My mistake, there was a period where it was dead but I guess it came back (maybe servers were overloaded)
Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by User Name
My voucher doesn't mention breakfast and neither did my email confirmation. I went back to do another dummy booking and took a screenshot to show that breakfast was shown to be included at the point of room selection. Hope this is ok.

Anyone know if it's worth confirming with BA somehow? Breakfast is EUR25 per head where I'll be staying, so don't want yo be trying to sort this out between the hotel and BA during my stay.
Here's part of my email confirmation for what it's worth..

Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:41 am
Used to be diaworld

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
Still live. Some amazing deals to be had. Just found IC Budapest for 53.00 and 1500 avios in August.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by polochick

Thanks! Seems like the background colour is different. FWIW I booked mine through ba avios as opposed to avios.com . Perhaps that is the difference?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by waver99
Thanks! Seems like the background colour is different. FWIW I booked mine through ba avios as opposed to avios.com . Perhaps that is the difference?
I also booked through ba (http://tidd.ly/869e9b40). I really don't get their IT systems!

Still live. Some amazing deals to be had. Just found IC Budapest for 53.00 and 1500 avios in August.
If you want to stay for 3 nights, it's even better value, for example IC Budapest 14th - 17th of March for 3,550 Avios + £80.00, or 8th - 11th August 1,950 Avios + £100.00.

Last edited by polochick; Jan 11, 2014 at 10:28 am Reason: typo!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
Great deal-but does anybody know.if RA amenities will be honored.because it`s a 3rd Party booking?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr
Originally Posted by ringbahn
Great deal-but does anybody know.if RA amenities will be honored.because it`s a 3rd Party booking?
Lol to the cheek of it, but it's upto the hotel themselves. If you do get the benefits id be very impressed.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:00 am
Used to be diaworld

I decided to go whole hog while I could afford it and went with this one: http://www.lhw.com/hotel/Hotel-Le-Pa...Czech-Republic August 12-15. Grand total for 2, 35k Avios. Can't wait!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
trying a few times to book, but I always receive this error after typing dates on ba.com:

You cannot book hotels using Avios
We're sorry, but you cannot use your Avios to book hotels online at the moment.
For more information please contact your local Executive Club service centre

Is there any trick, how can I succeed?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Does anyone have this on the voucher?
HOTEL INSTRUCTIONS
Important information for the hotel
Please do not collect payment from this guest - except for any extra facilities they use during their stay with you. Send this voucher to
the Supplier named below with your invoice to ensure prompt payment.
But then no address or supplier for the hotel to send the voucher to? Have no idea if that's normal or not, of it's actually been done electronically with the vouchers not being necessary...
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by polochick

Hmmm... Nothing appears beneath the "nights" section on mine - no mention of included services at all. In the room selection when I booked though it said "board basis: breakfast" though. This was the thing that finally swung me away from a cheaper booking at a "lower" hotel.

Can I email them or do I need to call (anyone know?)
Old Jan 11, 2014, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Aw, I assume the sale is only limited to that handful of cities? I've visited half of them in the past year, but my upcoming European trip takes me to none of them.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by iahphx
Aw, I assume the sale is only limited to that handful of cities? I've visited half of them in the past year, but my upcoming European trip takes me to none of them.
This offer will be back next week with a different list of cities, including London. See: http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/01...ains-revealed/
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:23 pm
Used to be diaworld

Originally Posted by Raffles
This offer will be back next week with a different list of cities, including London. See: http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/01...ains-revealed/
Thanks so much for posting! Just linked to mine with a hat tip. My August trip will be complete next week! IAD-YVR-SEA-FCO-BRI-VCN-PRG-FRA-IAD. Woot!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by The Deal Mommy
Thanks so much for posting! Just linked to mine with a hat tip. My August trip will be complete next week! IAD-YVR-SEA-FCO-BRI-VCN-PRG-FRA-IAD. Woot!
Deal Mommy - I love your blog! It's where I get all my ideas and inspiration from. Keep up all the hard work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.