Avios Hotel Sale - Cash Glitch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr

Avios have pulled a bait and switch. Almost All discounts are poor! Probably unlawful but not worth the effort unless you have lots of time. Time to move along, nothing to see here!
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Does anyone have this on the voucher?

HOTEL INSTRUCTIONS
Important information for the hotel
Please do not collect payment from this guest - except for any extra facilities they use during their stay with you. Send this voucher to
the Supplier named below with your invoice to ensure prompt payment.
But then no address or supplier for the hotel to send the voucher to? Have no idea if that's normal or not, of it's actually been done electronically with the vouchers not being necessary...
Anyone?

Also, is it safe to assume these will be honored, as in this wasn't really a glitch but intentional?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:50 pm

Some Deals to be had

Depending on the city, some deals to be had. Just booked Golden Tower in Florence for four nights during the high season for less than $600 + few avios. It would have been almost $2K direct.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by lookin4miles
Depending on the city, some deals to be had. Just booked Golden Tower in Florence for four nights during the high season for less than $600 + few avios. It would have been almost $2K direct.
Very nice deal!
Old Jan 31, 2014, 12:04 pm

British Airways Hotel Reward Voucher

Does anyone have this on the voucher?

But then no address or supplier for the hotel to send the voucher to? Have no idea if that's normal or not, of it's actually been done electronically with the vouchers not being necessary...
I have the same issue. No Supplier information on the British Airways pre-paid hotel voucher. I check with the hotel reservations and they can't find a booking. Do you have the supplier information? How did your reservation play out?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by L2PkfVa8g
I have the same issue. No Supplier information on the British Airways pre-paid hotel voucher. I check with the hotel reservations and they can't find a booking. Do you have the supplier information? How did your reservation play out?
Are these deals still alive?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by uzzet
Are these deals still alive?
No. They were special promos, each time-limited.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by L2PkfVa8g
Just checked into my second hotel, no issues. They didn't ask for the voucher this time, first hotel did. I'm guessing the voucher is just a formality, now everything is electronic.

Does the booking show under your Avios reservations? I didn't check with the hotels prior to arriving, but they showed confirmed/booked (can't remember the exact wording) on the BA site.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:58 am

Avios Hotel Reservations

Just checked into my second hotel, no issues. They didn't ask for the voucher this time, first hotel did. I'm guessing the voucher is just a formality, now everything is electronic.

Does the booking show under your Avios reservations? I didn't check with the hotels prior to arriving, but they showed confirmed/booked (can't remember the exact wording) on the BA site.
Yes my Avois Hotel reservations shows up on "My Executive Club" "Bookings made with Avios". I called BA about the issue and they said that information is not sent to the hotels until just before the date of check in. They also indicated that the voucher is really not needed, but I'd take it along just in case. I had them look up a reservation and make changes - everything worked fine. Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.