Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: shahr04360
Orbitz's Price Guarantee covers flight, hotels, packages, rental cars and activities.

What it means
If you find a cheaper identical flight, package, rental car or activity within 24 hours of booking, or a cheaper, identical hotel up to 2 days before your standalone hotel check-in date, we'll refund the difference and give you 50 USD Orbucks.

Before you submit your claim, answer the following questions:
- Is the cost of your booking at least 50 USD, excluding taxes and fees?
- Did you book your flight, package, rental car or activity on Orbitz in the last 24 hours?
- Standalone hotel bookings only: Is today's date at least 2 days before the check-in date?
- Are the trip dates the same?
- Did you find the lower price on a website in English?
- Is the lower price quoted in US dollars?
- Is the room type the same?
- Is the cancellation policy the same?

If you answered "Yes" to all of these questions and wish to receive your refund, then you will need to:
1. Have your Orbitz itinerary number ready.
2. Submit your claim by clicking here.

Good to know
- To qualify for Orbucks, you must have an Orbitz account.
- If you booked as a guest, you will only qualify for a refund in price difference.
- Orbucks will be added to your account 3-4 weeks after your qualifying travel itinerary has been completed.
- The amount of Orbucks issued is limited to the total amount spent on the booking (excluding taxes and fees). If the amount spent on the booking is less than the amount of Orbucks you are eligible to receive, then the Orbucks will be capped at an amount equal to the amount spent on the booking (excluding taxes and fees).

Source: https://www.orbitz.com/service/#/articles/553/55/16146
Print Wikipost

Orbitz BRG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Sent online claim forms lately but never received automated reply email. Tried on Safari, Firefox and Chrome, all gave same result - no automated reply. Anyone?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:54 pm

I submitted yesterday and I got the automated response within 5min.

@customercare.orbitz.com
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Receive automated reply after manually submitted while online form didn't work for me. Claim approved after 14hrs submission.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:13 pm

I was looking to book a Las Vegas hotel/air package through orbitz and price match to priceline However I see that if I use the pay now feature the hotel becomes nonrefundable. Anyone have success canceling a reservation for a full refund if the claim is denied within 24 hours.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:16 am

I was banned from Orbitz and it seems from all Expedia companies by transaction processing department for violating the terms of the orbitz loyalty program. They refuse to speak to me, and my emails requesting what term I violated and what booking violated it have gone unanswered . They also have not answered requests for payment of the orbucks in my account. I may have done too many brg, virtually every booking, but never more than three ore month on orbitz, and the same on cheap tickets, but I don’t know, as I can not get a response from them. Can anyone suggest a way that I can get an explanation from them?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jared Ito
I may have done too many brg, virtually every booking, but never more than three ore month on orbitz, and the same on cheap tickets
omg how do you manage to always find better price? I found Orbitz / CT usually the cheapest after applying their 15% off coupon
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by JakubH
omg how do you manage to always find better price? I found Orbitz / CT usually the cheapest after applying their 15% off coupon
I was also under the impression that if you use 15% coupon and /or Orbucks your price would automatically go down over competitors websites and you would not be able to apply for price guarantee.

can anyone confirm the 15% usage / orbucks usage policy as I am getting conflicting information?

Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I was also under the impression that if you use 15% coupon and /or Orbucks your price would automatically go down over competitors websites and you would not be able to apply for price guarantee.

can anyone confirm the 15% usage / orbucks usage policy as I am getting conflicting information?

Thanks
I can confirm this, at least with using a coupon (don't know about orbucks). So essentially the BRG will always be a useless proposition as every website coupons/discounts with a non-public price and BRGs are based on your final after-coupon price vs the public undiscounted price of a competitor.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA, EC, FB, M&M, HH, Accor, Radisson Rewards
Does Orbitz still offer $50 orbucks as a part of the BRG? In T&C I can see "we will credit or refund to you the difference in price" only.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Isoveli
Does Orbitz still offer $50 orbucks as a part of the BRG? In T&C I can see "we will credit or refund to you the difference in price" only.
They eliminated the Orbucks a couple of weeks back.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Isoveli
Yeah, they have killed the BRG. Useless now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.