Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Holiday Inn Los Cabos $17 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Holiday Inn Los Cabos $17 USD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by elabut
I just spoke with Holiday Inn main reservations and they were able to find my reservation, which they emailed me. My AA conf says 1 bed, but HI conf says "2BD" which I prefer (I did book for 2 adults). $14 daily free is listed. $90 early check out fee!
whats the number you called for the Holiday inn main reservations? i will call them to attach my priority club number so i can see my reservation online
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: WN,DL,BA
I have an update for you guys that booked with lastminutetravel.com, I called a few days ago and the hotel still didn't have my reservation. Well I called today, the hotel today said they had my reservation but it was cancelled by the travel agency

I called lastminutetravel.com and they said they still have it showing as confirmed in the system. They do have numerous bad reviews and compliants online. Its a good thing that I didn't book airline tickets yet. I'll just avoid them completely in the future and stick with priceline

BUMMER!!!

Last edited by Hertz4me; Sep 28, 2011 at 12:28 pm
Old Sep 28, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP
I booked through AA 1k points and $35 for 4 nights. I called Holiday Inn and they had both reservations. They stated it was on courtesy hold, not prepaid.

Below if from the email they sent. If you put the confirmation number in online it will tell you the reservation is not viewable online.

Number of Rooms:

Room Type:

KNG GARDEN VIEW NONSMOKING
Rate Type:

WHL USA B
Number of Guests:

1 adult(s)
Check-In:

Thu xxx 2011 03:00 PM
Check-Out:

Mon xxx 12:00 PM
Rate Description:

TARIFA MAYOREO USA B TARIFA NETA NO COMISIONABLE
Smoking Preference:

Nonsmoking
Early Departure Fee:

$90.00 (USD)
Cancellation Policy:

A deposit for the first night is due at time of booking.Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on xxx, 2011 will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on xxx, 2011, or failing to arrive will result in forfeiture of your deposit. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.

Exterior View
LOS CABOS
BLVD MIJARES S/N ZONA HOTELERA
SAN JOSE DEL CABO, 23400
Front Desk: 52-624-1429229

Room Rate Per Night:

price not shown
Hotel Fees:

$56.00 (USD)
Estimated Total Price:

$56.00 (USD)
Old Sep 28, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Have been following this thread since I booked my now cancelled Snooth (or whatever it was) reservation. Wish I had had enough AA miles to book! I hope you all get to go.... I love Cabo. We go every Thanksgiving week and stay at our timeshare on Medano Beach. There are some wonderful local restaurants in Cabo so I hope you can tear yourselves away from the all-inclusive and make your way into town.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by Hertz4me
I have an update for you guys that booked with lastminutetravel.com, I called a few days ago and the hotel still didn't have my reservation. Well I called today, the hotel today said they had my reservation but it was cancelled by the travel agency

I called lastminutetravel.com and they said they still have it showing as confirmed in the system. They do have numerous bad reviews and compliants online. Its a good thing that I didn't book airline tickets yet. I'll just avoid them completely in the future and stick with priceline

BUMMER!!!
Based on you post, I call lastminutetravel.com. They were extremely nice. What they told me is the hotel is saying they are "sold out" for the nights I booked with LMT. I was told LMT was still working with the hotel to free up one room, and it will probably take a few days to sort all this out.

It sounds like it's the Holiday Inn that does not want to honor the quoted rate. and not LMT. I have to believe that there are some behind-the-scenes phone calls being exchanged between Holiday Inn and AA.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
any one have updates?? called holiday inn , they have no record of my reservation!! booked thru AA using miles
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by jammanxc
any one have updates?? called holiday inn,
they have no record of my reservation!! booked thru AA using miles
IME Tourico may not send the res to the hotel
until a few days before. When is your res ??

Last edited by MrHalliday; Sep 29, 2011 at 2:09 pm
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Ivar's Carte Clam, Taco Time Loyalty Card
I'm in for two rooms using 1K AA miles each and $57.00 per thru the AA site.
The dates are Oct 13 to Oct 19. Is anyone booked earlier than me? Or am I the explorer on this?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by mcdevit
The dates are Oct 13 to Oct 19. Is anyone booked earlier than me?
Or am I the explorer on this?
Looks like you may be first up.
Have you booked a ticket yet ?

Last edited by MrHalliday; Sep 29, 2011 at 1:50 pm Reason: sp
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by mcdevit
The dates are Oct 13 to Oct 19. Is anyone booked earlier than me? Or am I the explorer on this?
You should be OK....but don't be surprised by a Holiday Inn greeting of "Mi casa no es su Casa".
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Everyone who booked a room through useaamiles.com should contact them through the below link to force their hand on making sure these reservations stick. I don't want to wait too much longer before I find out if our reservation gets canceled or not because we need to lock in our airfare.

http://www.useaamiles.com/carhotel/contactus.asp
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by scotty00
Everyone who booked a room through useaamiles.com should contact them through the below link to force their hand on making sure these reservations stick. I don't want to wait too much longer before I find out if our reservation gets canceled or not because we need to lock in our airfare.
http://www.useaamiles.com/carhotel/contactus.asp
Good idea ! @:-) ... I am going to wait a bit, though.
I have a week or two before I need to ticket,
and will be confident only if IHG tells me all looks OK.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Sep 29, 2011 at 3:33 pm Reason: sp
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:43 pm

I booked 2 rooms through AA. Because this was a honeymoon trip I needed to be sure it would fly. I actually had the ICH confirmation number and spoke directly to the hotel in Mexico to confirm. I was told they would not honor this reservation. She said the rate code wasn't even recognizable. Then I called AA hoping they would fix it but was told they would not. I'm glad I checked because usually the reservation is not sent to the hotel until 72 hours prior. At that point the hotel would have refused to honor it and it would have been devastating. I specifically asked what would have happened if my daughter had showed up in Mexico thinking she had a reservation and was told she would need to pay the additional ($171 per night) for the room at that time or she would not be able to stay. So glad I checked!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by swstecker
.....Then I called AA hoping they would fix it but was told they would not.
As AA is so extremely clear on NONREFUNDABLE,
you may have a contract of some kind.
But playing with "deal" rates and Honeymoon Stays
are not very compatible, and you have made the right move.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Sep 30, 2011 at 7:24 pm
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
As AA is so extremely clear on NONREFUNDABLE,
you may have a contract of some kind.

But playing with "deal" rates and Honeymoon Stays
are not very compatible, and you have made the right move.

Yes, my choice was a refund without penalty or paying the going rate and keeping the reservation. I chose the refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.