Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) Ramada Encore Pohang, South Korea 110 Won

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by philosophy_king
You arrived already?
No. I got work to do. Its not easy to commute from Korea... But I am booked for the end of year.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:48 pm

No news at all? What we heard back now is only that the rate is gone.~~
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:59 pm

I have a reservation for the 3rd weekend of March. Anyone before me to be the guinea pig? I can imagine a Korean arguing their way to honour the rate at the time of checkout, but seeing as foreigners don't have any means of legal recourse in Korea, it would be hard for us to fight them over it if they do overcharge it (I know for certain I would not be using a Korean issued card for this stay)
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by SirJman
I have a reservation for the 3rd weekend of March. Anyone before me to be the guinea pig? I can imagine a Korean arguing their way to honour the rate at the time of checkout, but seeing as foreigners don't have any means of legal recourse in Korea, it would be hard for us to fight them over it if they do overcharge it (I know for certain I would not be using a Korean issued card for this stay)
From past experience on the Hilton Caribe special, I disputed the extra charges put onto my credit card two months after check-out. I sent the cc company my reservation confirmation email with a summary of events and the charges were reversed. So, I'm not too worried, but then again, I'm not booked till September. Go guinea pigs!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 8:43 pm

I called the Reservation Center and asked about the rate and replied me its 110/night before booking. And I sent email to Customer Center and comfied the rate of one of my booking...$750,7nights...

But the problem is that i didnt book 1*7nights... but 38*7nights==!

Will Ramada Encore AT Pohang Hotel
really allow me to check in and check out without extra charge??
Old Feb 15, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RAMADABOOKING
I called the Reservation Center and asked about the rate and replied me its 110/night before booking. And I sent email to Customer Center and comfied the rate of one of my booking...$750,7nights...

I still don't get it.... What will you gain from staying at the property with no perk?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by SirJman
We already had one successful Guinea Pig appearance. (post 93).
As boxo indicated, your credit card company will likely back you up.

The big question is why go to Pohang !
Actually, sounds like there are (a few)
good answers to that other than a free breakfast.

Myself.....I love industrial tours if there is not a subway system to be explored.
Don't know if Pohang Steel offers such a thing, I will try to find out....
...or perhaps the Pohang Synchrotron Radiation Institute and Robo-Life Museum...

edit: don't see any mention of a tour, but here
is a rather bizarre "traveler's story"...
http://eng.ipohang.org/home/eng/comm...ow/2323?page=1

Last edited by MrHalliday; Feb 15, 2011 at 10:58 pm Reason: sp
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:17 pm

[QUOTE=travelkid
Or the GM has a hotline to Kim, and know about the nuke schedule- throwing a last party..[/QUOTE]

All in all, It's Kim's birthday now!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:35 pm

If Kim made few bookings as well, I don't think he likes to see 110 USD, and everything including his credit card company back him up of disputing the charge as well
Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You booked 38 weeks?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
You booked 38 weeks?
YES...
Old Feb 16, 2011, 1:31 pm

what can they do about it, "a thousand Frenchmen/women cannot be wrong" (literally)
Old Feb 16, 2011, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You booked 38 weeks?
YES...
The answer will be no then........unless you're prepared to wash the dishes and clean the windows in between doing a spot of housekeeping.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 1:54 pm

The answer will be no then........unless you're prepared to wash the dishes and clean the windows in between doing a spot of housekeeping.
Even if it's the case, it's well worth. Don't forget your free breakfasts, and it's time to put your hotel management diploma to work now, international experience!^
Old Feb 16, 2011, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by philosophy_king
Even if it's the case, it's well worth. Don't forget your free breakfasts, and it's time to put your hotel management diploma to work now, international experience!^
sick, sick, sick....

this "hotel deal" is really for nothing, unless one wants to stay there anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.