Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:23 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by bennytma
Another date point - I recently stayed at a Radisson in Colorado. I checked in fine, no questions. But when I checked out, the desk clerk asked for the name of a family friend which I happily provided.
Do you know if they tallied the name with somewhere?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:06 am

My guess, not.

Originally Posted by sweets61250
Do you know if they tallied the name with somewhere?
I suspect there might be at least a couple John Smiths (and the foreign equivalents all over the world)working for Carlson, as well as a ton of other common and uncommon names, added to the list of corporate, full timers, part-time cleaning personnel. I also suspect they do not have access list of ALL the employees of ALL the Carlson properties. Wouldnt just HR have that??? Not the local hotel?

My take, I too, can give them a name of my.... family friend (should they even ask).

And actually, I make the ressies for my daughter and husband often, and they would have no clue who my friend is, and how I got the rate, and even that it is a F & F rate. Their response if they were asked would probably go " I dont know, my wife (mom) made the reservation, its her friend (or family). I have no idea."
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: IC RA
The thing is about this rate is that on the link I use below it does not mention anything about proof and even says 'So plan your getaway today! And remember to share this offer with your family and friends.' What are they going to do at check out on a Sunday morning when you say my friend who I met on facebook is 'John Smith' who works in head office (by the way I have never used facebook), no way will they refuse and say you must pay full rate.

IMHO they know too well what is happening (apart from a few hotels) or the T&C's would state supplying some sort of form at check in.

http://www.radisson.com/familyandfriends
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:11 am

Correct!

Originally Posted by torcross
The thing is about this rate is that on the link I use below it does not mention anything about proof and even says 'So plan your getaway today! And remember to share this offer with your family and friends.' What are they going to do at check out on a Sunday morning when you say my friend who I met on facebook is 'John Smith' who works in head office (by the way I have never used facebook), no way will they refuse and say you must pay full rate.

IMHO they know too well what is happening (apart from a few hotels) or the T&C's would state supplying some sort of form at check in.

http://www.radisson.com/familyandfriends
Yes it does in fact say "share this", and unlike Uncle Steve's link on IHG, there is no form to fill out, nor need to provide one (in the T's & C's.)
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: GPP SILVER, HH GOLD
First of all, their website says:
"Carlson operates in more than 150 countries and its brands employ about 150,000 people".

you don't need to be scared to mention a name...

In bennytma his case, I think the clerk asked because he was interested. Maybe he will know the member you will mention.

If I met somebody "A" from a company "X", and I know someone else "B" who also works for that company "X", I might ask to "A" if he knows person "B".

I think it's a common question...
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I wonder if the people who work at the Radisson in Providence count since they are mainly student workers from Johnson & Wales.... Thinking of making a reservation at the Radisson Blu in Rome but kind of scared to make it
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:15 am

I got the F&F promotion from a friend that actually does work for Radisson. There's no official requirement for documentation of who the referring employee, but I'm guessing some properties feel that it's being abused and are asking for more info.

The rate is US$80/€80 for Radisson and Park Plaza, and US$70/€70 for Country Inn and Park Inn. Rates are for two adults, extra person fees, taxes, etc., apply.

There's also a Carlson employee rate that's an even better deal, but that's what requires the special signed form (the employee must have a signed certificate from their supervisor, and must be staying in the room). Given that they've made provisions for that, they must have realized that the codes would be passed around. If they were worried about abuse of the F&F rate, they would have required some sort of documentation.

Last edited by alanh; Aug 10, 2010 at 10:35 am
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Seems Radisson Zurich was not happy with the rates lol. Some reviews said here said they were asked about the "Friend" by the Radisson Zurich.

Now seeing that we can't book F&F for Radisson Zurich.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by alanh
I got the F&F promotion from a friend that actually does work for Radisson. There's no official requirement for documentation of who the referring employee, but I'm guessing some properties feel that it's being abused and are asking for more info.

The rate is US$80/€80 for Radisson and Park Plaza, and US$70/€70 for Country Inn and Park Inn. Rates are for two adults, extra person fees, taxes, etc., apply.

There's also a Carlson employee rate that's an even better deal, but that's what requires the special signed form (the employee must have a signed certificate from their supervisor, and must be staying in the room). Given that they've made provisions for that, they must have realized that the codes would be passed around. If they were worried about abuse of the F&F rate, they would have required some sort of documentation.
I guess this is not the first time something like this was somewhat abused.

Last edited by levanta; Aug 16, 2010 at 1:18 pm
Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH Diamond,HertzGold,Interconental Plat Amb.
If any is *really* having some fear about this, call up the nearest Radisson and connect with a desk clerk and ask them a couple of questions.. Ask him/her his/her name at the end of the conversation.. That should put your mind at rest. Or just make up a name and say it's someone you met on a plane who gave you the link.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 6:28 pm

Have not tried dates further out. I did not see anywhere in T&C/fine print where breakfast is included with F&F rate as others have noted. Does it vary by hotel?

Last edited by MileageAddict; Aug 14, 2010 at 9:26 pm
Old Aug 15, 2010, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by mahin10
Have not tried dates further out. I did not see anywhere in T&C/fine print where breakfast is included with F&F rate as others have noted. Does it vary by hotel?
As far as I've ssen it varies, depending on the standard-rate
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:15 am

First of all, thanks to OP for the deal.

I got my daughter's boyfriend to book a room at the Radisson in downtown Philadelphia for $80 (regular $199) and warned him that he might be asked who his friend/relative might be. He just came back and was so happy that he got such a great rate for such a great hotel. He was asked the question and he just said that his mother was a Carlson employee and that was it.

The promo code seems to work for Feb 2011, so hopefully I will be able to book a room too once my plans are finalized.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:12 am

We used the Carlson FAF to get a rate of $70 at the Country Inn in Long Island City, NY around the end of July. We were also able to get one of their seven free parking spaces out in front of the hotel. We had to take the subway $2.00 each to get over to the city for our 1/2 price Broadway show but the kids actually love to ride the subway so it was all good.

No questions were asked and breakfast for four and parking were included. We were very happy.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by alanh

This is on the money. A direct family member of mine works for the Radisson and the employee rate is $60 a night compared to the friends and family rate of $80. However, for the employee rate you must have a signed form from HR/supervisor. Also, these rates will not be available in all Radisson locations (try booking a room in NYC Radisson with the code).

This discount is great when travelling overseas - www.radissonblu.com - and as they are currently expanding their locations hopefully the discount will continue to last.

It is a great deal though so if you are able to use it without any hassles - enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.